OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

That makes more sense. I’m right there with you, though.

3 Likes

I knew about and got the Primal Age Giant, so I’m surprised I didn’t know about the other one.

I’m glad to have it confirmed that the ongoing giants never made it to Target. I spent way too long looking.

And what’s Wally World?

4 Likes

Of this month? If that’s the case yeah, probably nothing as big as Batman Day, but maybe they could surprise us with a cool announcement or something! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You and me both. Hopefully they’ll make something similar for the new store.

3 Likes

Same, once I finally gave it a chance. That’s what immediately followed #700, so I thought that set up was what caused you to believe.

2 Likes

So, 30 days before the new season starts? Sorry I’m not totally clear.

3 Likes

In fairness, I think this had more to do with COVID closures than anything else. Remember, DC was back in LCSs about a month before anyone else, so if MU didn’t do something like this, they were about to hit about a 3 month period with nothing new to add.

2 Likes

I’d imagine it’d probably be postponed to time with the movie. Pretty sure that was scheduled to launch on the 20th at one point.

2 Likes

Hiya @Applejack

Out of curiosity. Will you be holding OH in two weeks? (Election Night)

I can see reasons for both holding them and not holding them.

Thanks.

4 Likes

This month, yup. I understand Batman gets better sales, but it’s extremely frustrating that Wonder Woman is ignored so often. I mean, I’ve not even seen anyone else mention that 7 November marks the 45th anniversary of the series premiere on ABC…

4 Likes

No, 30 days before the episode premiere, meaning each episode is on HBO Max 30 days before the broadcast on the CW. So say Batwoman premieres 1 November, HBO Max should have that episode 2 October, 2nd episode on CW is 8 November, HBO Max should have that episode 9 October (dates are completely for illustration purposes). Hope that helps…

3 Likes

I took it as DC is moving to a 6 month window so Marvel tried to 1 up DC…

4 Likes

Nope, @DCComics on Twitter posted it, you can still see it there.

3 Likes

I got that from The Wrap.

3 Likes

New trailer, maybe?

2 Likes

Okay, I understand clearly now, I just have a hard time believing it.

3 Likes

Oh, don’t get me wrong, they’re not upset about that either, but if you do the math you’ll see pretty quickly that both are true.

3 Likes

Excuse me, I meant that I suspect they will delay it so it’s timed to the movie.

2 Likes

Alright. Finally caught up. Sorry for posting so much.

3 Likes

Some stores didn’t carry them. Most did, but a few didn’t. They were predominantly featured on endcaps that featured merchandise tied to each comic. So, Funko’s Primal Age toys (and a lunchbox) were on an endcap with the Primal Age book, while Spin Master’s product (and to a smaller extent, McFarlane’s DC Multiverse line) were on an endcap with the Caped Crusader Giant. After the endcaps were allocated to other product, the comics and their respective merchandise were phased into the DC section of the regular toy aisle.

Both books are easy enough to find on eBay if you’re wanting to acquire them. They’re fun reads, especially the Primal Age book.

5 Likes