OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Hello Oracle​:woman_red_haired:,
I forgot to ask you 100 questions so here goes…
100. Was that way too many? :grin: With more then 1,000 questions of mine you’ve answer in the past 2 Office Hours, wanted to say Thankyou.:slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Lois LaFlamme might be all right, but when it comes to beauty, charm, smarts and old Hollywood glamour, you can’t go wrong with Rita Farr. :heart: :heart: :heart:

11 Likes

What do u do when u miss @Applejack? Is the answer- keep reading as many comics as possible? If so? I got it covered. Oh man I hope that’s the answer…???

10 Likes

Ohmigosh hiiiii!

I hope this wee comment finds the tribe cozy and safe. I’m just getting my various sundries gathered, and will be back in a jiffy to answer all of this week’s queries.

For anyone that might be joining for the first time, welcome! Questions are answered in the order they are received- this means that the questions asked last week will be answered first, and then on down the line until the most recent.

Back in two shakes! :sheep: :sheep:

12 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen this conversation resurface for a while, it would be interesting to see what the Community habits are! For the overall DCUI users, tablet is definitely the #1 way folks read :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I’m one of those people who still prefers to use the com-pute-or.

12 Likes

Hello Oracle,:woman_red_haired:
When downloading a comic, why do I get so many error each time I try to download the same issues?

Thankyou, some comics has this problem, not all.:slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Hi @Applejack, how are you this week? Hope you are doing well!!! :slightly_smiling_face: Have you watched, read, or discovered anything new since last week? :thinking:

10 Likes

Oh, interesting! The text I see on the backend does indicate that the error return message lists the filesize:

“Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is too big (maximum size is 102400 KB).”

Any chance you could take a screenshot next time it happens so I can check it against what I have here in the system? I’m wondering if there’s some unique scenario being triggered- I agree, it should say how big!

I can say with full confidence I have never hated a song you’ve shared- I think most of them end up on my Spotify playlists :thinking:
:listening: Between the album art and the tune-age so far, yup! :handshake: This one is no exception.

(OMG, this Red Panda- how is it finding this activity fun?!)

I haven’t! I honestly don’t know what I do with my time when I’m reminded of the awesomeness that awaits us on various streaming services. OMG… I used to be obsessed with zombies. I wonder what happened? I’m ready to get thoughtful on zombies at the drop of a hat :laughing:

Okay, so now I know:
:crown:
:woman_zombie:

Is worth the watch. I’m sorry to hear about the “mehs” but I’m not terribly surprised? I’ll still give it a watch! I appreciate having my expectations managed. /not sarcastic

10 Likes

I believe so,…
:desktop_computer: :computer_mouse:

Yes, they are! What makes you ask? I must have said something without thinking.

11 Likes

Aw, rats! Maybe you can create a trial account or something? Sorry to hear that! What streaming service is your favorite? I haven’t been able to say goodbye to the one that started it all…

10 Likes

If it is, I feel like that helps w/ getting the encyclopedia back (I miss the community in there to, but I’ll live for now). It might help down the line w/ working out that nice smooth cyber ecosphere—user friendly to all. (I :purple_heart: data- ignore me. :nerd_face:)

9 Likes

Huh, no kidding! I’d never heard that moniker, makes sense though.

I follow some vintage computer accounts and they always plop me right back to being a kid on the early internet.

I think I’ve shared this many times, but one of my favorite sites is breaking down what computers are being used in film scenes:

http://www.starringthecomputer.com/

11 Likes

Probably HBO Max would be my favorite, where else are you gonna find, DC, TCM, Looney Tunes and lots of movies?:slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Gotcha, you head straight for the specific topics you know you like! That’s a great way to efficiently land right where you want to be.

11 Likes

Only one unintentional error in that comment, but MovieAddict, my friend, I am shocked that my fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pantsing in Office Hours hasn’t been disastrous at times.

10 Likes

:broken_heart: I’m really sorry to hear Jimmy has passed on, but it’s wonderful to hear you got to have time with such a remarkable doggie. I do love seeing this collection of rulers on your couch! Savannah is gorgeous, I love her lion’s mane around her chest and neck. Thank you for sharing these pictures and memories :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

You know, we don’t have a dedicated topic for that, we should get one going now that the shop items are in-house. We do share the comments that end up on the DC Shop topics with the team, like this one:

But I’ve bookmarked your comment and will raise this with the group in our next meeting. You’re definitely not the first person who’s requested a simple logo design.

11 Likes

When I watch HBO Max, I will watch Criterion Collection movies, Rick and Morty Friday nights, DC related movies on Saturday nights, and Sunday mornings, I have a classic cartoon block of Looney Tunes, Josie and the Pussycats and Aquaman.

10 Likes

Hey Turtle Man! We’ve had people ask for friends lists before, and it’s something that we don’t feel comfortable with. On traditional social media people can start to be competitive or territorial or create cliques around friend lists. We really want to make the Community as inclusive and open to everyone as we can :slight_smile:

I sure will! This topic we’re typing in is the 2nd of its name. I’ll be talking more about the 3rd installment of Office Hours at the end of tonight’s session!

12 Likes