OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Time for someone to call up Mighty Mouse Pest Control! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yo-ho, @Applejack! With three months of Infinite Frontier under our figurative seafaring belts, what high-seas treasures from it have you so far enjoyed the most?

My shiny-shines thus far:

• Justice League. I’m digging Naomi’s inclusion on the team, as well as that of Black Adam. Its also a lot of fun to see Ollie and Dinah kicking ass together once more.

• Nightwing. Great ****ing Rao! What a read this series has become! It went from the bottom of the barrel of the wave 1 Rebirth titles for me to the Batman-related Book of Choice™ for the Infinite Frontier era, thus far. I also :heart: the moments between Dick and Babs. They’re so cute and sweet together, especially when they got pizza. I loved that scene, and greatly identified with it.

• Wonder Girl. Yeah, what a surprise, right? :smiley: My current comic crush’s starring-title. I bet you didn’t see that one coming, matey. :wink:

I’ll bet a shiny doubloon that The Swamp Thing is in your list, but what else has put the wind in your seafaring comic sails, Cap’n?

goes to the gym to hang out with Steve The Pirate, aka Alan Tudyk

That guy is a ****ing hoot, lemme tell ya! :grin:

10 Likes

Aw what’s a matter @Vroom? Don’t you like my Mickey Mouse joke? :mouse::slightly_smiling_face:
I remember Mighty Mouse, he was a cool hero who kept singing :notes:HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!:notes:
If that’s annoying, How about Danger mouse? He’s a mouse with alot of action!
Want something calmer? How about my favorite animated film, An American Tail? Feivel is lost in America, looking for his family.
And there you have it.:grinning::mouse2:

9 Likes

Yeah, it’s a good joke. I just figured Mickey could use in a kick in his li’l red shorts. No harm meant, Gipper. :slight_smile:

ponders if Tom could catch Mickey

He’s bungled every GD attempt to catch Jerry, so why not let him have a new…“play partner” as it were. Mwa. Ha. HA. :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

I knew there was another mouse I forgot to mention, Jerry!:laughing:
Happy Memorial Day to you @Vroom. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

The same to you, Mr. President. Got anything fun planned?

I’m attending a Burger Bash™ later on. Mmm, grilled Bubba Burgers. :drooling_face: I’ve also been assured that copious quantities of the following beverage will be on-hand at said shindig:

Nothing like a patriotic, quite tasty, ass-kicker of a beverage to salute Our Fighting Forces with, I say! :us:

Speaking of comics starring our armed forces in a variety of adventures, one can check out the following series from our vast treasure archives:

11 Likes

Every year on Memorial Day, I make it my Memorial Day tradition to watch Glory.
I was going to do a little Memorial Day story on here, here goes…

The Story Of Robert Gould Shaw

This is a picture of Col. Robert Gould Shaw, who was born on October 10, 1837.

He’s was probably best known in a movie Glory, who was played by Matthew Broaderick.
In 1863 he took charge of 54th Massachusett, having and training African Americans on becoming soldiers.

Being a colonel was short lived, on July 18, 1863 at the age of 25, Col. Shaw lead his men to battle at Fort Wagner in South Carolina. At the edge of the fort he yelled his final words, “Forward 54th, Forward!” And was shot 3 time in the chest and fell back as his men continued to fight.
Shaw was buried with his men. His parents decided to leave him buried with his men, thinking that’s how they wanted it.
2013_0917_UnionSoldiers_large
I think on May 31st 1897, at Harvard where Shaw himself went before the war, dedicated a statue to his memory.
I’ve been a fan of Shaw ever since I first saw the movie with my cousin. I’ve always thought Shaw was a hero and was sorry he and some of his men lost their lives during the battle.

The End…

:us_outlying_islands:

12 Likes

Glory is indeed a fine, fine movie. Definitely a highlight for all involved (including director Edward Zwick).

I had Saving Private Ryan on earlier. That’s one of those very few, very special movies that makes you forget that you’re watching a movie. Instead, you come to feel completely enveloped in the proceedings, as if you’re in the story itself. It’s absolutely one of Spielberg’s very, very best.

11 Likes

I love “Glory” it’s such a great film. I also have a Memorial Day tradition of watching something honoring our service men and women, my go to is “Band of Brothers.”

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl::joy::rofl:

9 Likes

Steve The Pirate fan as well?

Gotta admit…while I love Steve and his hilarious pirate antics, Peter is my Dodgeball spirit character. Vince Vaughn and I must have been separated at birth, because we’re quite similar, humor-wise.

admits Peter is his spirit Dodgeball character while also knowing that Christine Taylor’s character, Kate Veatch, wouldn’t go for him the way she did for Peter

11 Likes

Hello Oracle​:woman_red_haired:,
Hope you had a great Memorial Day, I’ve decided to end the day with two music as a tribute to our fallen heroes, we may not know everyone of them, but we are forever thankful for their service.:slightly_smiling_face:

:us_outlying_islands:

12 Likes

(Salute)

9 Likes

Howdily-doodily, neighborino!

Okay then. See ya later, Homey!

resumes eating Flanders-style nachos, then spits them out

These suck-diddily-uck! It’s time for real nacho-reenos.

sends an order to Senor Ding-Dong’s Nacho Hut

Suddenly, I’m inclined to hum “Close to You”, by The Carpenters, specifically the line “Why do birds suddenly appear?”. I’ve no idea why though. :smirk:

11 Likes

Excellent Q, @DeSade-acolyte! After this year, lol, it definitely feels like it should’ve started already. :raised_hand: I’ll try to remember to revisit in…October/November. :wink: Lots of other things to do between now and then.

Ps.

@Vroom I havent!

:eyes: I was slightly obsessed w/ One Reel Wonders. Launched a legit a silent film phase for me…you know I :purple_heart: me some old b&w movies. Also this :point_down:

Facts, @Mae. Facts. The charm wears off on some, for sure. :neutral_face: #loadedtopic

10 Likes

@Sean-Malloy :harleys_crew: I’ve hosted a couple different ones w/ the Crew already. :popcorn: Mae & I have another one next week.

10 Likes

Hey again, Applejack! :wave:

Im trying to get caught up in here so I don’t duplicate, but unfortunately I can’t stay long enough for that. :see_no_evil: Here we go: (ahem) Whilst editing wikis I’ve been getting this every once in a while.

The last couple days (under a deadline you’re well aware of :sweat_smile:), it caused a slight panic for me and I may have said a few bad language words (:woman_shrugging:t2: whooo’s to say??), but then it miraculously stopped. Several times I backed out and the wiki edit # jumped up even though I hadn’t done anything because it wouldn’t let me (on any if my devices). Anyway, that’s that! All yours! :purple_heart: Go team! Hope you have wonderful week. Take care.

11 Likes

suddenly remembers that he owes @Applejack a title, in return for the one she bestowed upon him last week

How about…Empress Applejack? I know, I know. It’s not as involved as “Sir Vroomy, Vroom, Vroom of the Order of the Kingdom of Kenner” (and again, mucho thanks for that, senorita) but it just fits, you know. You’re royalty, and you’re name is Applejack, so they just mesh, you know?

Unless you want Goddess Applejack, but then you’d be accused of having a God complex.

Well…if anyone should have a god complex, it should be you AJ as you rule over us in a delightful way. Okay then, “Goddess Applejack” it is. However, “Empress Applejack” roles off the tongue nicely…

Ooh! Dig this, cowboy:

“Goddess Applejack, Empress of The Order of DCUI and a Shining Treasure of Treasures That Knows A Bebop-in’ Plate of Beef Outweighs a Plate of Bell Peppers”

Whew! You’ll need a big-ass business card for that one, but it fits you as well as a Kenner-themed dealio fits me. Yeah? Yeah. :nerd_face:

thinks that he might want to get into the title creation business, as he is on the hunt for a new job

10 Likes

If the DCUI Classic Cinema Club takes off, silent movies will be featured, while B&W movies are an absolute must, especially in Week 1.

11 Likes

xftd3Dx814 xdps1Bxrebellion2xrebellion3
xdes2B
xyl2B

test1C
xdpo1A xtest8A

Installation Memo

@Applejack, Secret details forthcoming. Shhh . . .

:00_dc_1940: :00_dc_1942: x530 x527 DPDCUIAxdpc1C

xll2A

xrebellion1 :00_dc_1940: bw73
dc1A x527 xamp1A DPDCUIH dc1B

12 Likes

WOW. That’s fantastic! You are a true talent.

SN: Wanna join the movie club? You’d be a welcome addition, given your penchant for quality art, afterall.

SN 2: The Ralph and Lisa reference? Bra-vo. :clap:t2:

10 Likes