OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

I’m at a Braves vs Cubs game tonight, so y’all enjoy and make sure to ask @Applejack the important questions, Like ketchup or mustard fan?

9 Likes

I am off work early so now I just need to remember when this thing starts! @Razzzcat can you remind me via message or something? I am horrible about remembering stuff like this.

10 Likes

Imagine me like this, plz:
I might be a bit late and/or back n forth, but I shall do my best! :face_with_monocle:

10 Likes

@Applejack, since Mixtape Monday is back (yes!), I was wondering if you had any ideas for playlists you’d like to see happen?

8 Likes

I’ll check it out, it’s on HBO Max. Also been meaning to check out that Q: Into the Storm documentary series, too.

9 Likes

Hello Oracle​:woman_red_haired:,
Hope things are going well. Anyway yesterday I had a fun time at the Batman & Robin watch along, just for fun I change my username to MisterFreeze78. As I was thinking of keeping it, thought I’d check to make sure it wasn’t taken, well looking at a user list I’ve found there was one MisterFreeze[with 3 different numbers in his username], it look like this person is new and haven’t interact yet on the community board. Would’ve it been ok had I stay as MisterFreeze78 or just stick with Reaganfan78? I didn’t want to get in trouble breaking the rules, and I wasn’t trying to copy the person I never heard of at the time, hope he does interact on here, and I wasn’t going to act like the villian. I was just being a fan of Mister Freeze. Thankyou. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

That ones next on my list! :eyes: And the one about Killer Robots.

8 Likes

HBO usually has some good documentaries, so I may very well check this one out. I also very much like the Elizabeth Holmes documentary they had.

8 Likes

As long as we are recommending things to watch, may I be so bold and recommend a cute animated movie that just dropped on a certain streaming service known for its free 2-day shipping. It’s called Moomins on the Riviera and it’s beautiful:

9 Likes

Wow, @Mae, you are on fire with so many interesting recommendations! Looks like I’ll have to set aside some time to check those out.

8 Likes

I love the Moomins! Hope you like it.

Interestingly, there is this new animated series called Moominvalley being shown in Finland and the UK, but for some reason we’re not getting it here… There’s already two seasons. Mistress @Applejack, perhaps you could drop your HBO Max colleagues an email, maybe they could snag the US rights?

8 Likes

Well, even if they don’t get the rights, look on the bright side…at least we have Robot Chicken!

8 Likes

Where should we put those requests in? I’ve got a few questions about things from the last several DC Connects, but I don’t want to badger you here if there’s a better place for that, especially given the new format.

And yes, that’s how long I’ve been gone, that I still think about it as a new format.

7 Likes

Which is especially impressive when you consider how many editorial edicts Johns had to make way for. Wait, I need to do a new #1? Okay, guess it’s time for Sinestro to get the ring. A Zero issue? Alright, I guess I can introduce Simon now.

Granted, Johns was also writing the big events that prompted those edicts, so he was better able to plan, but still.

7 Likes

I don’t think that was much of an accommodation, actually. Hal losing the ring was already set up in the War of the Green Lanterns arc preceding The New 52, and Simon was his own idea to introduce a new human Green Lantern near the end of his run. If anything, the New 52 was built to accommodate him – Johns and Morrison were the only writers who didn’t have to change their ongoing stories to fit the reboot.

8 Likes

Oh wow, ready for more watch recos?

7 Likes

Don the robes, light the incense, begin the dirge, it’s almost time for Community to gather round to hear our Leader speak!

9 Likes

We’ve been seeing some miracles happening over in @KookieSuperApe’s missing issues thread, with gaps gradually filling of issues which have been digitized but aren’t present here. Do we have this hero to thank for his efforts, or have these been coincidental occurrences?

10 Likes

Well, there go all my suggestions. HBO’s been on a run of truly great documentary series, but my two favorites have been about cases where a circumstantial solution is the best possible outcome.

6 Likes

Hello Oracle​:woman_red_haired:,
Can DC Universe Infinite please add The Batman Adventures #29-#36, I’ve waited 2 and 1/2 years for it and I’m still hopeful for it.:slightly_smiling_face:
Out of all the missing comics, it is all I care about.

7 Likes