OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Hi AJ,

My question for the week:

When will the app update release notes thread be coming to the Watchtower section? I always like to read those to see what’s been added to and fixed on the app/site.

Also, please pass along my thanks to the development team for getting the backwards user reading lists problem straightened out. It’s so nice to have all of my lists back in their proper order. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hello Oracle​:woman_red_haired:,
Almost everyday I think we are getting new members, I’m really happy for you guys, changing DC Universe into DC Universe Infinite was probably the best things that ever happened. Change is not easy, but we can make it work.:grinning:
:dc:

8 Likes

Hey Applejack! I noticed an awesome new toy in my profile: We have drafts now! :tada: Thank you! I’ll let you pic what tiny animal you’d like to celebrate with, but for now :wink::
During our WAL, it kept trying to close and save my posts as I was typing, but temporary, I’m sure, so no Qs. Just going to tie up last week real quick…

Imagination and fortitude it’s what got the job done tho. :sunglasses:

Did you ever get a chance to make it? Either way: the faux-chicken test went well! I don’t use a lot of ‘wheat-meat’, as I call it (seitan). Most of the time I just replace meat w/ various beans, nuts or veggies (or tofu), and I’ll likely not change, but the flavor works, the texture is good for certain recipes or people trying to transition to plant-based. :woman_shrugging:t2: It was called Quorn. Beyond Meat is pretty legit replacement for ground beef too. You are correct in your assessment that plant items last longer. Generally kinder to your wallet, too, and who doesn’t like saving money—WHO?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Point them out! jkjk. Sorta. :laughing: Okay, here’s what’s on. Keepin’ my chin up and this :dancer:t2: (part Typer) Have a great week. :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Ooh @KM_726 - There’s a whole batch of variant covers like that!

And these… :joy: Pennywise. On principal, I kinda want it.

May or may not still (sometimes) keep an eye on storm drains when she’s walking alone. Thnx Stephen King! That was a joke. I stopped doing that years ago. Lol

11 Likes

Nice to come back to office hours! I want to know which name you voted for Nightwing’s doggo. Chimp out! :monkey_face: :mag_right:

8 Likes

I must be instilled with the knowledge of what topic you’d choose for Trivia Tuseday, given the chance.

7 Likes

Hi @Applejack! Remember when I posted a link to that comedy sketch featuring Carol Burnett as Supergirl? Well, I think I’ve topped that. I give you…John Forsthe as Superman! Michael Crawford as Batman! Bob Hope as The Joker! Can your heart stand it?

Michael Crawford as Batman - YouTube

I know that was rough going, so here’s a pallette cleanser courtesy of Mister Excitement himself:

jackie wilson night - YouTube

9 Likes

We do we talk to about extra cool special edition Wonder Woman shirts that essentially cost $25.00 and $10.00 shipping arriving in a shoddily-printed condition? You can’t really see the cool background images.

:crying_cat_face:

8 Likes

Okay. So we post comic requests on the appropriate thread. That’s one vote. But eight people like that post. Doesn’t that make nine votes for that comic? Then, the cover of that same requested comic is posted on a DC Comic Cover A Day, and six more, entirely different people like that post. Doesn’t that make 15 votes/requests for that comic?

15 is like a whole demographic…

10 Likes

Heya Office Hours friends! A heads up that I will be delayed tonight by 30 minutes. I will stay till 7:30pm to make up for the lost time :slight_smile:

Locking comments to make sure everyone sees this message- chat with ya in a bit!

11 Likes

Thanks for your patience, everyone! It is time now to commence with the Office Hours - fun fact, my tea tonight was brewed with (ZSJL spoiler :point_right: ) Alfred’s sage tips to Diana in mind - put the bag in AFTER the water.

If this is your first time attending Office Hours, welcome! This is the place folks come when they have a question that just can’t be answered elsewhere on the forums. We also tend to post things like cat pictures.

I answer questions in the order they are received, which means if you asked a question last week, it gets answered first! If it was asked a little bit ago, it will be towards the end of Office Hours, and I cannot speak to the quality of my brain at that time. But hopefully it is somewhat helpful.

Without further ado, let’s begin! :tea:

12 Likes

Thank you for providing those specific examples! That does seem to track as a category of work that still needs to be assigned. I’ve noticed that with another Wonder Woman series, btw- they are noted, they will be tackled, and we will perservere!

9 Likes

Like everything Laura Jean Shannon designs, I think it is IMPECCABLE. I also happen to really love the purple galactic graphic design of this image. Good call on it summoning thoughts of Ivan Ooze!

10 Likes

Thanks, wait til you reach the story I wrote!:grin:

6 Likes

Wait’ll he sees what we left in his birdbath! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

No reason you can’t have two pairs!

8 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 5.40.55 PM

There’s currently a character filter for Green Lantern, do you have any more details or nuances you want to see?

8 Likes

Applejack, I’m having a bit of a technical issue. I’m trying to restore the Snyderverse on my tablet, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Could you talk to the higher-ups about getting that fixed?

10 Likes

Oh, interesting- I hadn’t thought of this use case, but I can understand its value.

Just to make sure I understand:

A topic exists.
There is a poll members voted on.
The poll closes.
Members can still comment.

There are three solutions we can do “live”, but they’re both workarounds:

1. Screenshot the poll and update the topic to replace the poll with the screenshot. This would look like:
  • Poll automatically closes
  • The next morning, poll is screenshotted.
  • Screenshot replaces the poll.
  • Mod opens topic again.
  1. Request a mod to post updates as needed; mods and admins can still comment on closed topics.

2. Program the poll itself to close at a certain time; then, the poll is closed, but the comments remain open.

I’m guessing you’ve tried something with #3 that doesn’t work that I’d be interested in hearing more about!

Rarely do I ever let an answer be “no”!

I’m certainly voting! I’m pretty sure we’re all invested :rofl:

8 Likes

One of the best mash-ups yet!! And you’re right, TOTALLY looks like Ooze :rofl:

8 Likes