OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

There was an update that broke them, then we fixed them! For stuff like this, you’ll get quicker responses AND they’ll be reported more efficiently in the Help Center :slight_smile:

10 Likes

:smiley:Thankyou! Can’t wait for Season 2 of Stargirl.

9 Likes

Helen Mirren cast as a Demi-god in Shazam 2, thoughts?

9 Likes

Oh there is one now? Thank you! I got go check this out. Bye!

Edit: He only appears in the top character option for All Comic Series but not in the All Characters selection for Storylines secton. I love the icon with the Will Power Arora? (whatever it is called) around him. The option for them does work great for all comic series. I love how it seems to not be one specific Green Lantern.

8 Likes

The DCBC will be shared every time it has an installment in the cadence of:

• This installment’s title will be: :drum:
  • Don’t forget to sign up, there’s perks!
  • Have you signed up for DCBC? If you do you can join in the Q&A next week!
  • Vote on the poll for next installment’s issues!

All 4 of those beats will be sprinkled throughout the weeks that DCBC is in action- it’s not a constant campaign, so members won’t find an active DCBC at any given time. There will be long breaks in between for us to design the graphics packages/book talent etc.

:blush: I wish I could take any credit, but that was all @Green.Lantern! We’re whispering on the side about how to get more involvement from members in those topics, but I’m just glad we’ve gotten something going.

11 Likes

SQUISH! SQUISH SQUISH!

9 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s the same as what DSA was saying :thinking:, but my question has been about whether or not locking the thread for comments automatically closes polls, or do we still need to program the madhouse polls to close at the times we set? Just a discussion traffic thing :woman_shrugging:t2: for me, anyway.

8 Likes

Big Allie Brosh fan, but it seems like she’s been inactive a while. Is there a connection to Jonen Vasquez? :eyes:

Do you know where your Snyder Cuts are?

I thought she was VERY bad@ss in this film! :00_wonder_woman_gold:

10 Likes

Thanks for the report, MA! I’m going to move this to the Help Center so it’s properly categorized by the mods as a pain point- reporting it here in Office Hours, the issue won’t get itemized in our reports. Moving it over there so it can be tested and put in the books!

8 Likes

As a follow-up hope I’m not stealing any polls ideas from @Green.Lantern, if I am then I’ll be glad to stop and send him a apology message.
I’ve notice he stop for a while now.:confused:

6 Likes

I hear you saying secret, but are hints allowed?

Aww, remember Slip N’ Slides? We had all the most fun dangerous toys when we were little. I guess I really liked Polly Pockets as far as toys go, but I’m with you- no things. I did used to have fun looping ropes over the trees and couriering goodies up the tree to myself, that was fun. I also really liked Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark and doing Bloody Mary and all that creepy stuff.

It sounds like you had a very lovely time as a kid- no wonder Ivy’s your gal!

10 Likes

Ah, that looks like it slipped through with the latest update! That’s a feature that exists “naturally” in our community software (called Discourse), but we de-activated it in the past because there were some glitches involved. We’ll have to take a look at that and see if it’s working differently now that it’s in the browser- thank you for pointing that out!

9 Likes

That survey is asking these questions to get a sense of if we should start providing those. So if you answered “yes”, you may be able to look forward to that feature in the future! We do not currently offer that on the service, though :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Awww, go on :blush: That’s really nice to hear, thanks Doc!

As for the invite, it’s not far outside the realm of possibilities! I’m in NY for business during a typical, you know, not pandemic time. Thank you so much for the invitation!

10 Likes

I wish I had a better answer for you, but DC is not building plans before the greater strategies of these conventions have been announced. The order of our understanding of how conventions will work is:

• The local and federal government ordinances
  • The specific conventions protocols and guidelines
  • How much time we have to plan once those matters are defined

…THEN we can talk about what our plans are. Without those first few steps in place, it would be a lot of work that might be wiped off the table. And there’s so much other work to do in the meantime, it’s best if we prioritize based on what we do know as a firm truth/reality. On the plus side, from what I’m reading in the news about vaccine distribution, we should know those answers by 2022!

12 Likes

Dawww I would totally eat T-spheres! That’s an adorable idea! Oh boy… I suppose Oracle Bits comes to mind because that’s the avatar I’m rocking. And I like that “bits” evokes a virtual space. They’d be little Oracle heads, and you could cut up the box to turn it into a miniature play laptop.

11 Likes

HAAALP! I’m not sure where you’re referring to with the DC Digital First banner- is this an area of the dccomics.com website? A section within a topic that we post? Just one or two more details and I can see what’s what!

9 Likes

Clearly AH is much smarter than I am :rofl:

10 Likes

No connection that I know of beyond…me I guess. Likely just fresh in my head since I came across THISSS very recently …

Sure! Secret just means I make it for myself and only myself :laughing: Its freshly popped popcorn w/ a little cayenne pepper and nutritional yeast. That’s what makes it cheesy. (B vits) No big deal. #foodnerdsecrets

10 Likes

I agree, the Jim/Pam/Dwight trio will always be the strongest trio! I love Erin, have you seen The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? I saw that before The Office so I was really pleasantly surprised to see her in that role. I also like Angela, in a weird way.

7 Likes