OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

I know that it’s in beta, but when I saw the announcement it said to comment on that post if you’re interested. I couldn’t respond on reply in any way, which was odd cause almost 200 people were to comment.

2 Likes

That specific beta thread is closed because the program is now open to all members of the community. Just follow the directions here (I think this is the right link)

ANNOUNCING The DC Universe Rewards Program! Sign Up for Early Access on Desktop Here!

5 Likes

Capitana! Hey!:wave:
Hope this finds you well… Has it? Also hope it’s ok if I slap this all in one post to keep things tidy.

Madhouse: the final chapter. :blue_book:

Nah, unless you’re in the mood for some Nerdball talk. Otherwise, I’ve launched it into the ether and my conscience is clear on the matter—we good! No need to beat it to death. :wink:

At some point I might take you up on this, tho…if that’s still ok, of course? I still can’t pinpoint why pocket-Oracle​:iphone:eats posts or sends them if I even breathe on the reply button, but I learned some other things during that beta test. (Where/how would I do that, btw?) I usually prefer to just investigate on my own. I’m a rookie here, the least I can do is explore and troubleshoot a bit so I can be concise. And streamlining the box would be FANtastical! I support this idea :100:
Now. On to more pressing matters.
I have one Q that’s been burdening my mind and only you can help me. Are yoou named after the beverage, the cereal or the pony, (or other) and why? Tell me a story. Feel free to thrill me w/ scathing remarks about the losers if you’re feelin’ sassy tonight. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @Applejack
I know this item has been bandied about before regarding a number of things. But, I figured I’d ask.

Way back in time when community 1.0 was bright and shiny, I thought the rules were A DCU account was ONLY officially available to adults. 18+ older. So, at least in theory, everyone on the boards was 18+. Is this still the case? Or is it supposed to be the case? Or did this policy change?

The Mature Content thread., which has gone quite politely IMO, I’m not sure I would have posted a few of my arguments had I known they could or may have been consumed by minors. Not that I regret anything I posted, but, it’s that whole “other people’s kids” thing and unless I know other people’s kids, such as a niece or nephew, I will generally try to prohibit from speaking elements of my philosophical mind around “other people’s kids”.

I already self edit a lot, if it is yes that under 18’s are valid legal members, I need to rethink my self editing parameters.

Also is there a way to make threads only for members that are of full legal age of consent. There were certainly elements of serious nietzschean philosophy and its application to Sinestro in this month’s Psychology of Supervillains topic. Which I thought was well reasoned and put forward in a reasonable manner. However, with no parental safeguards in place, I have no way of knowing if “god is dead” and the nietzschean will to power is something parents want their kids to have access to. I don’t want to have to change my club (or disband it), but if there are minors on the forums that by terms and condition can be in here, I, at minimum, need to add to the clubs warning message.

Can you provide some clarification on this point, please?

4 Likes

Friends, countrymen!

A heads up that I will most likely be 15-30 minutes late tonight, depending on when the McFarlane Q&A wraps up. Maybe sooner, if we breeze through it quickly. Thanks for your understanding, looking forward to hanging with you all tonight!

9 Likes

I feel like it’s a thing now so I was thinking of a good piece of music for tonight’s fun, foolishness, and festivities and because of last week’s conversation I just remembered this amazing song (in Spanish!) by one of my new favorite bands:

3 Likes

Excellent Q! I tend to just imagine Im talking to a 16yr old, so topics can be broad and fairly “deep”, just not reductive or hostile. Now I’m wondering if that’s enough? :thinking:

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I checked in on this, and owe it to my dear Canadian friends to circle back by now: is the initiative to expand regional availability still on the docket, or should we expect DCU to remain US exclusive for the foreseeable future?

4 Likes

As of this writing I notice that Mcfarlane got a tons of questions and comments by 62 post, I had no idea how popular he is and I sadly never heard of him. I like it better when a famous person is on DC Daily first before they do Q & A, so I can know them better! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Wow, that’s interesting to me. I consider him a legend of the industry.

6 Likes

Is there any chance you could ask @clarkewolfe if she has watched the 1990 Flash series? I’ve wondered ever since I saw her talk about the time out of time aspect of BTAS and am just really curious, because I think she would be as impressed as I am with the way they work in so many decades together…

3 Likes

Hi everbody!! Thanks for your patience, apologies for running a little late. I’m here with ya, just going to grab some quick creature comforts. :elevator music:

4 Likes

Im a lurker, so I appreciate it! :facepunch:
And, yes, it’s a thing. :wink: I like to think of it as a party gift for the host.

5 Likes

WE DID IT! Did y’all get a chance to do the McFarlane Q&A? Such a good human.

All riiight! If anyone is lurking here tonight that’s lurking like they’ve never lurked before, HI! Welcome to it. The way we do things here is, we answer questions in the order they are received. So I travel all the way up to 7 days ago, then make my way down. This means if you asked a question last week, you’ll see an answer soon. If asked more recently, it’ll be answered closer to 7:30pm PT/8pm PTish.

Without further ado…shall we?

4 Likes

Still haven’t heard back, we’ll have to nudge again - we will persevere!

6 Likes

I asked a question, got an answer, and shared the screen shot to Facebook to prove why everyone should subscribe to DC Universe and all its awesomeness!!!

6 Likes

I love that Todd told Vroom to go procreate.

5 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’ve let Mr. LeClear know that we are all terribly excited for his appearance, and that he can expect lots of questions as a result.

I think those are all excellent questions and definitely the type that would be perfect for him. The ones that I gently asked him to be patient with were the ultra specific ones about a very particular issue or run, that he may not be able to answer on the fly without taking some time to dig into the research. But those above ones are great, because you can answer those from gut and heart. Whereas a specific issue number might need some “away” time that he is not able to carve out during the heat of a Q&A.

Thank you for asking, I now feel a little sheepish that I’ve been so stern you felt like you had to :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m jazzed you’re jazzed!! I was so excited when he agreed, I know it’s going to be very illuminating for all of us :slight_smile: If you get a chance, maybe ask him what it would take to get that video, or if he knows of one already!

4 Likes