OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Have a good and restful night, Captain! And a good week!

I’ll have more Spanish-language tunes for you next week, should you so desire :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Feeling great about it.:ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone :heart: It was super fun hanging out with all of you today, kind of a weird benefit of the Q-tine, I guess?

Please everyone take care of yourselves, and have a great night! We’ve got even more coming soon… :zipper_mouth_face:

Until we meet again!

9 Likes

Try to have a great weekend everyone! Ciao :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Sing us out, Matt Berry!

3 Likes

I too am hoping for an add-on. Hopefully the powers that be agree…

3 Likes

Please don’t remind me of that; I’m a big Heroes fan and that show never quite recovered.

5 Likes

Thanks as always AppleJack. Stay safe.

4 Likes

All the British talk, and I have to add my suggestions. Little Britain is available on Hulu (hilarious!!!) YouTube has Hex (supernatural dramedy) and Messiah (serial killer detective story). Highly recommend each and I plan to review on my podcast. Hope everyone can check them out!!!

3 Likes

Thanks, AJ! Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Hi @Applejack

I know there is concern about in-depth questions being lobbed at the archivist during a Q&A. And a desire to give them an opportunity to be at least somewhat prepared.

I have 4 which I’ve seen over the last year+ pop up here multiple times. So I’m wondering if these are the types of questions that may be helpful.
——————
How long does it take to do the print to digital of a comic?

Are comics only printed to digital after they have been restored?

Can you give a brief overview what is entailed in the restoration process.

Is there a list of missing issues from DC’s archive? I ask because there might be a DCU member and collector that would be willing to donate it to the collection, and if they did, maybe tag them in the last line of the description with something like “This book was donated to the archive by so-and-so.”
——————
In your opinion, do you think these are reasonable questions and the type of questions you would want to give the archivist in advance?

5 Likes

I am super jazzed about this restoration Q&A, not sure if I’ll have specific or even general questions, but I’ll be watching! :eyes:

Eventually, it would be great to have a video showing us the process, too!

6 Likes

How do you manage the hundreds of notifications you must get every few days? Does it get confusing to sort through it all and make sure you don’t accidentally miss something?

7 Likes

It’s nothing for our very own Oracle!

6 Likes

Is the new rewards program free forever or is it a free trial because it sounds nice but I can’t spend anymore than I am on premium

2 Likes

@Applejack will y’all be opening back up the thread to apply for the beta testing of the rewards program today, or did you get enough the first go round?

3 Likes

@donaldjsa and @Spectre00000.10260 you guys need to post your comments at the Watchtower section in 'Announcing The DC Universe rewards program! There Applejack will see your post, she won’t be seeing here in the Office hours til Thursday.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi @Applejack , can you provide an update on whether there will be vintage comics digitized in the month of May? such as Super Friends, Eclipso, Spectre, etc. There’s nothing listed in the “coming in May” post. Thank you!!

3 Likes

Hi Applejack. I’m not really sure where to ask this but I was wonderimg if you can help me sign up for DC Rewards. I went to post about it but, it won’t let me comment or reply on it. I would really love to sign up for it.

2 Likes

Right now it’s in Beta, and not fully implemented yet.

3 Likes