OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Love that movie! I think Roddy McDowell’s character was a fan of that song.

2 Likes

I will happily talk cross-sections of possibilities and proposals, and even try my hand at using them as persuasion tools. But the unsatisfying answer is that there will always be exceptions, many of them, to any hard and fast rule we try to ask a publication with DC’s history and breadth of creators to abide. If we put in a 30-year-rule, there would still be “EXCEPT” disclaimers in place.

That being said, there’s something very mysterious and super-spy that I like about about “30 year rule”. Might be my favorite thought experiment so far.

6 Likes

For the most immediate releases we are planning (Harley Quinn S2, Stargirl), steady as she goes. I wish DC Universe could be the port of certainty in this storm, but I can’t give you any details about the ifs/whats for any other productions that were in process/ready to roll. But like you, I’d much rather keep everyone safe.

6 Likes

Just don’t go beyond it!

Sorry, I should have phrased that in the form of a question for Applejack:

SHOULD WE GO BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE?

4 Likes

As long as we steer clear of the Thunderdome, we should be okay I guess?

3 Likes

Well, this is Applejack’s version of Jeopardy. :wink:

3 Likes

I feel like a well of disappointment whenever my only answer can be “We’ll see!” “I’ll ask!” “IDK!” But maybe over time we can find a way to highlight these off-platform masterpieces; a la the BYOM viewings of the DC theatrical stuff.

3 Likes

I know, I’m getting a tummy ache from all that eye candy! :candy:

3 Likes

No release date yet, but we’ll be sure to announce it when it arrives!

2 Likes

I think you do an EXCELLENT Vincent Price impression! And that he would be a fantastic host to introduce it. If, you know… he were around…

2 Likes

It is narrated by Christopher Lee. So not quite V.P. Level…but close

2 Likes

Oh oh (jumps up and down in her seat with a raised hand), I do have an actual DCU-related question, Miss Applejack!

The join dates still say October 16, '19, a date which will live in… infamy? I’m sure it’s not a simple thing but do you know if an update is coming so it shows our actual join date?

1 Like

Something to think about. I do fancy “Freedom Fighters”.

That’s a good idea, I’ll ask them about pulling one together.

1 Like

Ha! I’m sure we’ll be seeing that storyline/issue around a bit more these days. Depending on how things hold up I might take an evening to myself one of these days. But there wouldn’t be any long-term impact on my ability to hang with you every Thursday, if you’ll have me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Perhaps this will help!

23,300+

With ~1,000 added to the service every year.

4 Likes

I just don’t want you to feel hopelessly trapped in mortal danger, much like Steve Guttenberg in the 2005 remake of The Poseidon Adventure or Kurt Russell in the 2006 remake of The Poseidon Adventure.

2 Likes

AJ, have you ever seen “The Raven”? Vincent Price, Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre, and (if my movie trivia memory serves) Jack Nicholson’s film debut. Really worth checking out.

3 Likes

We put in a big ask to celebrate Joker’s 80th, and that’s what the net came back with :slight_smile: Why, of all the variables, that’s what was approved, only my undertaker knows for sure.

7 Likes

Jack did a small bit in Roger Corman’s The Little Shop of Horrors before that.

On an unrelated note, I’ve squandered my Poseidon references.

2 Likes