OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

This movie is rated PG for brief language, Popcorn?:slightly_smiling_face::popcorn:

2 Likes

Regarding graphic novels and Black Label; Not a “never”, but a “not now”/“not currently in consideration”. But if you need a little extra motivation to put some hard-earned cash towards your Friendly Local Comic Shop, you might be motivated by a brand new club that is reading Black Label books, available on DC Universe be damned! You can find it here:

5 Likes

@Applejack
Do you think we see Oliver queen on titans with Roy Harper on titans in season 3

3 Likes

:hushed:This is turning into PG-13! More Popcorn?:slightly_smiling_face::popcorn:So entertaining!

1 Like

I don’t dare to claim I could possibly teach someone so well-versed anything new. But I can offer my own thoughts on your rumination. Doomsday Clock did do some interesting things with the uniting of the Watchmen universe and DC superheroes. I’d give that a shake. Seeing what conversations might emerge between Dr. Manhattan and Superman wasn’t something I ever realized I needed, and now they’re stuck in my craw and something I revert back to. Imagine if Superman had been there on Mars instead of Laurie.

To your point about what HQ brought to the table; while not a crossover, have you seen the HBO Watchmen series? That’s another instance where I was very apprehensive about someone tinkering with my beloved scripture, and came out the other side unable to imagine a universe without it.

Let’s hope that these kind of reflections on our tomes is an indication of the future of storytelling that is evolving beyond remakes and the repeated smashing of the Nostalgia Button.

Let me know if you visit/have visited these projects, and what you think!

4 Likes

@Applejack
What you like to do or watch to unwind from superhero stuff i bet sometimes you need to take a break from it

3 Likes

We have pass 4000 post! :partying_face:Congratulation @Applejack!

2 Likes

I see that @Aurora created an off-platform RPG system, I highly encourage you to reach out to her to learn more!

As for a forum-based RPG, that’s a longtime dream of mine. The challenges I’ve faced are:

• An ongoing campaign manager/GM/DM
  • No player ceiling- allowing as many people who want to play to join in
  • Hopefully it could be joined at any time, or in frequent rotations

I would love to see someone take up a club or a similar closed group scenario. What this would allow is for a campaign to be executed privately with all the expected functionality with a +5 coordination skill bonus, without inadvertently excluding people. Clubs have a few additional levers that would make this perfect for that.

I’m always open to brainstorming, of course :wink:

5 Likes

Perhaps not a question, but I am still excited to see you mention this! We haven’t formally added this to the calendar yet, but we’ll be having a Q&A with Jim Fletcher and the DC Collectibles team shortly after NY Toy Fair, so anyone who has questions about their fresh new figures has a chance to get the news straight from the horse’s mouth!

4 Likes

OMG! I don’t know how long it lasted. And I can’t remember if Bob himself drove it around. But as a kid I used to dream it would come to our neighborhood. It was essentially the same as an ice cream truck. Except instead of driving around selling ice cream they’d sell DC Comics. One of those neat things as a kid, just knowing it was around, make comic books fun. Wow, I thought it was legend in the Halls of DC.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen it on the schedule, but all this reasoning adds up to a very logical assumption. I’ll dig into this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I bet he knows. :thinking: :male_detective:

3 Likes

Yeah! In fact, #1 dropped on Tuesday!

2 Likes

I read it and really enjoy reading it, but not happy to hear it got CANCEL!!!:sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Similar question to the Black Label thing, considering that there is precident for Vertigo runs of characters in DCU shows being on the service, like Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing, would it be possible to see some of the Black Label books that follow Harley like Harleen, Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity and Harley Quinn & The Birds of Prey?

3 Likes

I think Wonder Twins was always meant to be a twelve-part Maxi-series.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree with that it’s a relatively easy find. However, I would consider the historical significance would make its presence here important.

3 Likes

My understanding is that the stars have not aligned in such a pattern to create the strength of portal required for her to digitally read. But if you would like to DM me your query, I would be happy to pass it on to her and see if she could focus on an singular reading.

4 Likes

At least I got Batman the Adventures continues to look forward to.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi, @Applejack. Quick, without thinking much about it, tell us all the announcements that may come out in March!

And, go!

3 Likes