OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

It’s a really popular meme. :laughing: Well, I don’t know about “really popular,” but it’s well-known in my circle lol!

What was that?

Wow, I had no idea. Now I really wanna read this Superman #400. Steranko is far and away the greatest comic writer/artist over at Marvel in the Silver Age. Like, nothing even comes CLOSE to his SHIELD/Nick Fury stories. The man was decades ahead of his time. It’s a shame he wasn’t more prolific.

Anyway, its’ been many moons since I’ve asked a question for this thread, so here’s one:

Is there a way to disable email notifications for when people reply to me in the Community? To be clear, I STILL WANT to receive all other DCU emails, but I really don’t need my email inbox cluttered with all the people who reply to me on the Community. I always check my notifications here on the site itself, so the email notifications are just unnecessary.

I assumed I could just click Unsubscribe at the bottom of those emails to stop receiving them, but I fear that’ll stop ALL DCU emails from reaching my inbox. So, do you know of a way to stop receiving Community email notifications, but still receive all other DCU emails?

4 Likes

Re: Superman #400,

It’s a fairly easy find at comic stores and on eBay, so take a look when you’re able. Not to oversell it, but it’s GOOD. Like, REALLY GOOD.

#Soldwithpanache

4 Likes

As a brief followup to my post about San Diego Comic Con, I think DC Universe fans who attend would love a chance to meet and chat with the talent behind some of their favorite shows, both in front of and behind the cameras. Also, will DC Daily be doing any special shows from the convention?

2 Likes

Hi @Applejack
I am wondering, I just created a hashtag #psychologyofsupervillains it is listed in the tags section under content_tags. I notice ther is a Club tag section as well. Do club and content tags behave differently?

Would it make sense to get it “promoted” into the Club Tags section? If so is there a process for that? It does seem that tag creation only seems to work when starting a thread but not by just putting a new hashtag in the body of a message. I am guessing this is by design???

1 Like

Hi again AJ,

Seems you’ve got a few meaty issues to deal with ahead of me, so I’ll make this brief. This will probably be the last time this month that I’ll have a chance to properly thank staff posters Donovan Morgan Grant and Josha Lapin-Bertone. Their efforts (at the behest of their editor I’m sure), to showcase DC’s black super-hero talent, has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. Still waiting for coverage on Vixen, and Lucious Fox, but I’m sure they’ll get there.

DC’s come a long way since Neal Adams and Denny O’Neil stepped forward to give this company it’s social conscious. First, laying the ground work with Green Arrow in B&B #85 and JLA #75 back in '69. Then, both diving in with the legendary GL/GA series starting with #78, in April of '70. In GL/GA #87, we are introduced to John Stewart, DC’s 1st black super-hero. Lucious Fox wouldn’t come along until '79 and Vixen in '81.

All of which had to happen before the talented artists, writers and producers at MILESTONE would find the business environment receptive to their ideas. A whole new world of mostly super-heroes and villains of color! They presented characters in ways that DC simply had little experience with. All of a sudden, there were background people of color on the streets, secondary characters, and most important, as the leads in titles like ICHON, HARDWARE and STATIC. The days of black kids " looking up in the sky," to see only Superman, were over. I long for the day when MILESTONE has a resurgence on the stands in comic shops once again.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

2 Likes

Thanks for your interest in my post! Regarding Vigilante #50, I’m afraid I have to decline answering since any response would be inherently a severe spoiler. However, you can read the series on DCU and realize what I’m referring to will be obvious. As for Superman #400, like I said, the young folk are seriously deprived! It also has Mr. Miller (yes, that one!), Mr. Robinson, Mr. Grell, Mr. Byrne, Mr. Wrightson, Mr. Williamson, Mr. Janson, Mr. Sienkiewicz, Mr. Davis, Mr. Kaluta, Mr. Orlando, Mr. Simonson, Mr. Bolland, Mr. Rogers, and the incredibly talented and beautiful Ms. Pini!. Plus an essay by Mr. Bradbury (although copyright might make that impossible to duplicate).

3 Likes

BTW, if you’re a fan of Mr. Steranko, perhaps you’re also a fan of the Fake Steranko parody Twitter account. It is hilarious!! If you’re familiar with Mr. Steranko’s type of stories, you might appreciate it. For example, one tweet stated how “Steranko” drew Captain America’s shield. Wasn’t sure if the drawing was good enough. “Steranko” pulled out a gun and fired at the drawing of the shield. Shield drawing deflected the bullets and drawing was undamaged…drawing was good enough! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

[At Monarch Theater]
:penguin::Hello I like to buy a ticket to see Office hour at 6:00 please.
:man_office_worker:: That’ll be 10.00 dollars please.
:penguin:: Boy that’s pricey, here you, 10.00!
:man_office_worker:: Thankyou enjoy the show!
[Buys​:popcorn:& :cup_with_straw:]
Now where to sit, ah here we go…backroad! :grinning:
Oh good the show is about to start!
[Lights turn off and the Office hour begins]

3 Likes

Hahaha, oh no!! Don’t believe the reviews PF, I swear we’re at least 15% better than the Critics Score!

3 Likes

Hiya :wave: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :wave: I hope anyone who’s reading this has been having a nice week. It’s been kind of crazy over here!
If anyone is joining in for the first time, the way this works is: I answer questions in the order they are received. This means if you asked a question last week, I answer it foist! If you asked a question in the last day or so, I answer it leeest! :sweat_smile:
Let’s see what we have here… opens first envelope

5 Likes

I think I saw JLB reply as I was scrolling, so maybe he told you what’s with him more thoroughly? What I can tell you is he’s everything he seems. He’s super kind, generous, very good to his friends and family. He also happens to be able to turn around a sizzling piece at breakneck speed. We are not worthy of our writing staff.

6 Likes

Hrm, it won’t let me quote polls. That’s okay.

Hahaha!! That’s a close race! I don’t think you’ll see that match-up this time around, for thematic reasons. Penguin might show up somewhere, but Question doesn’t fit this year’s MM theme. With that in mind, keep your ear close to the ground because you’ll be getting lots of details VERY soon!

3 Likes

Stargirl is going to be on Disney + on March 13! Hey DC what’s up with that?! :hushed:

3 Likes

Hahaha, I’ll thank you anyway, good thinking! I know Erika and Jo are crazy busy with their VO and performance careers but worth a shot!

4 Likes

Phil Hartman! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
That is all.

3 Likes

What is the DC Comicmobile?! Enlighten me! (Sorry to interrupt the thread with you and PF but I must know!)

3 Likes

Hey @Applejack Office Hours is close to 4000 post! :grinning: Congratulation!:partying_face:

2 Likes

Me when I read this question:
ULmmmM

There is one feeling as one approaches con season:

UTTER CHAOS :boom:
+PANIC :exploding_head:
+EXCITEMENT :dancing_women:

= Expanicos

I am looking forward to how DC Universe is hitting the scene, and we’ll be talking more about our plan for the year …soon. About the same time as you hear deets on Meta Madhouse.

6 Likes

Hi Dan! :wave: I hear you. While the content “story” of DC Universe hasn’t gotten more exciting recently, I do think the hard work of demonstrating DC Universe has benefits no other brand is offering will evolve rapidly over the next few months. It’s no secret the shadowmen are putting their all behind HBO Max, and if we can’t replicate their content, we can work damn hard to serve a fanbase that is looking for a deeper connection to those stories.

5 Likes

Any planning around SDCC is still in its very early stages, but San Diego is always something we aim to do something special at. I’ll probably be there, you should make sure and say “hi”!

3 Likes