OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Hi Applejack :woman_technologist:, will you be doing another podcast anytime soon? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I haven’t reached out yet. We need to get some ground under us after the winter hiatus.

3 Likes

Hi @Applejack
I asked a couple months ago and you said to bring it up again in the new year.

What’s the plan for Meta Madhouse this year?
We gonna be able to get real brackets this year?
Release the brackets a week to 10 days before the voting starts.
Use CBS Sports bracket infrastructure to do brackets, leaderboard, points system.
Maybe the first bracket is free, than every other bracket somebody does is $1 each and donate all the proceeds to children’s literacy or some such worthy cause.
I would think something around literacy would be good. Comic books are a good way for kids to learn to read and keep reading. But, that’s just me. DC already has ties to the USO, that could work too.

I’ve got $20 burning a hole in my pocket for a real, honest to goodness bracket challenge this year. And I think if the proceeds were going to charity, I think it would do well. There are certainly plenty of very giving people around here.

And as a side note, if we can get real brackets and points system and all. I’d nudge DC & WB to see if we could get some “celebrity” brackets as well Tom King, Jim Lee, the @DCDaily team, Marv Wolfman, Andrea Romano, Echo Kellerman, etc, etc, etc… whoever you could get to do a bracket. See how the folks around here do relative to DC folks “in the biz”.

It’s not like I’m ambitious about this our anything. :wink: But I do think Meta Madhouse is a great idea, fun for the community and a great way to raise money for a worthy cause. I think you gotta admit, it would bring the fan engagement experience to new and higher level. A place where no non-sports media platform has ever gone before.

2 Likes

Hi @Applejack let me start off by saying that i love everything on here especially the shows. Doom patrol and harley Quinn have made laugh numerous times. Young justice season 3 is everything i wanted and more and titans has given me another good installment for the team that got me into comics in the first place.

With all that being said though i am really only able to watch the shows on my phone or tablet and was wondering if you could tell us if/when the app will be coming to ps4 or lg smart TVs in 2020.

I really do love this app but id be lying if said i wasn’t frustrated and a little sick and tired of having to watch everything on a small screen that i either have to try and set up on a stand or hold in my hand for the entire episode.

3 Likes

Hi Applejack​:woman_technologist:,
I have a couple of things to ask or say,

1. I think there’s a small glitch on a board when it comes with numbers, for some weird reasons it changed my writing like couple of weeks ago when I ask alot of questions. And happened the 2nd time when playing Tuesday trivia question! Thought I let you know.

2. I was looking at my past post comments from my profile page, I’ve post so many comments and post like this, is there a way to reach the bottom faster or stay in place after backing out from the thread the comment was post on?

Thankyou as always!:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

thanks for being here … heard any rumors about Harley animated series collectibles … :harleyquinn_hqas: :poisonivy_hqas:

*Ivy in particular, I should say

2 Likes

Hello Applejack :woman_technologist:,
A Few days ago I made a thread about Barbara Gordon in a Killing Joke, will the…
61z2HFmt6TL
Comic or the…

Animated movie of it will be here soon? I’m not a fan of it, but I know alot of DC fans would be happy to see it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

And if we do get it, could it pleeeeeease be the original version, not the recolored one? Since DC seems determined to sell only the recolored edition nowadays, surely they can throw us a bone. And besides, it’s not really a graphic novel. It’s a prestige format one-shot. There’s a difference. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hi Applejack,
I just watched Mystery of the Batwoman for the first time, and discovered the “Chase Me” short at the end. But, the short was completely silent, no music, nothing. I realize there was no voice track to it, but I understand the original has a musical score. Is that deliberately omitted here, or is there something wrong with my setup which worked fine through the end of the movie proper? I’m using a Roku feeding an Onkyo receiver to be precise.

3 Likes

Chase me was like that on dvd as a bonus short, no talking or sound, just music. :batman_hv_1: :catwoman_hv_2:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure of the answer to this @Applejack, but being an inquisitive feller, I’ll ask anyway:

What’s the likelihood of the DCU Store selling McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse products as well as those from Spin Master’s Heroes Unite and The Caped Crusader lines? Funko Pop figures are in the store, so it seems logical that two of the other, more prominent, DC licensees should have their wares on sale there too.

5 Likes

As some have requested, I’m thinking about doing a trivia week where the questions are a little bit easier. But if you were me, how would you gauge a particular question’s difficulty?

3 Likes

@Applejack

There is now a limitation on

Posting more than five times in.a row

When a poster hits that limit

Another member must post before the first poster can continue.

As far as we know this is absolute and not time based.

Since I cant sleep.any more because of leg spasms I could wait an hour between posts.

This stops me cold worh no recource.

If you look.at my posts like

Which is in.ssential readings

Also.I posted a series of JPGs in my background on.the Trinity

Please reconsider making the limit more like ten.

We have already a 7000 character limit on each post

When I change history i add a post on.the change.

I won’t be able to do that with this rule.

It might be never before someone posts to my topics.

Thank you

2 Likes

I actually hit that limit with my last Characters of DC post and I ended up having to take out some things I had wanted to add.

My question is related to this actually. With links to comics creating a lot of extra characters in club posts and those characters being counted I was curious as to whether there was a way to make the links themselves less character heavy or maybe a way we could have more characters allowed than 7000 to compensate for those links? A link to a comic itself can have 92 characters and even though 7000 sounds like a lot of characters if you have several such links plus other words in the post itself it becomes apparent that its maybe not enough.

4 Likes

That’s me most weeks. If we ever get a larger character limit, maybe I can release the Snyder Cuts of my posts. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I copy and paste.

I know how big.each post will be

My problem occurs when I add to.the original.post and get over 7000.

I had to redo. eight post

With this new restriction I only get five posts.

The 7000 limit may be a database field testriction.

Though some of my old writing posts remain.at 32k.

2 Likes

@TurokSonOfStone1950 Yeah, its easy when you copy/paste to tell how many characters a post will be but I don’t always do that so that’s where I have a problem.

Another question: Would it be possible to get some kind of counter in the bar to let people know what their character count is? Something like “0000/7000”. It could be put after the gear or maybe it could be an option under the gear right after “Build a Poll”. It would make things a bit easier if we could actually see how many characters we have left out of the 7000.

3 Likes

The Word Count is done at the rnd and it tells you how many characters you used.

Not that many of us write posts that long without copy and paste. Because you can lose everything that way if you hit the wrong button on your screen or even if you get a phone csll.

I sm more concerned with the limit of five posts ar a time and then.someone has to respond. I would accept a time limit since I work at 4 am sometimes.

2 Likes

Hi Applejack :woman_technologist:,
I don’t mean to go off a DC topic a bit, Have you seen a new Star Wars movie? If yes what did you think of it?
:slightly_smiling_face::popcorn::film_projector: I saw it today and enjoy it.

3 Likes

Hi Applejack :woman_technologist:,
I hope I don’t get you in trouble for answering this question since it’s a bit early to ask, When U unscripted get to the 3 finalists, do us the fans get to vote on who we like the best? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes