OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Leaked CCTV footage from Applejack’s former place of employment:

9 Likes

I LOVE cats! Pictured here is my first cat of my own, Crusader (I bet you can see how I gave her than name). Sadly, she passed away on November 12 at 10 years old of a sudden case of heart failure. It was awful and I was crushed. Cru was like a little celebrity to my students, friends, and the social media world at large. However, the amount of love the school and people in my life gave me was amazing. My journalism kids made me a huge card with candy boxes on it, and the choir surprised me during my first period intro to journalism class with a song!

The other cat you see is Cali. She is 6, and I started fostering her in January. I was told she didn’t like to play with toys and was generally unhappy and mean. She is anything but! She is super social and chill, and LOVES toys. You can probably see where this is going—I adopted her. And Cali’s birthday? Nov. 12. How amazing is that?

Thank you for your kind words about school. It’s probably the least relaxing summer ever (for everyone) as we wonder about the fall.

But as Pa Kent said on “Smallville” a few years back, “I like to believe in people.”

6 Likes

There’s a Miss Marple reimagining on Hulu and I love it!! But the answer is actually Columbo.

8 Likes

The fine print had an expiration date for the offer and said it was a limited number, and only for new subscribers. I already have HBO and DCU, (obviously) and the CS is less than stellar. Spent far too long on a live chat and got basically no where.
Haven’t tried back. :woman_shrugging:t2: Ill let you know if I learn anything.

5 Likes

That’s it, Office Hours officially jump over the sharks…err I mean cats!LOL!
:running_man:‍♂
:cat2:

4 Likes

This is going to sound weird, but I’m comfort re-reading the Aliens omnibus from Dark Horse. I freaking love that artwork.

I also started diving into Batman: Ego after reading the “Cool Styles” recommendation topic.

7 Likes

3d88dc04543ebb5521e051a78d1957e1

5 Likes

OK, are “Like” variants still on the development roadmap? Because this one desperately needs a :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s starting to sound as if their CS seriously need to review some LinkedIn learning courses on how to interact with customers. :thinking:

4 Likes

The Rewards Feedback section is your best bet for tracking Rewards intel- we have a person tracking those questions who is deeply involved with the inventory and fulfillment of the Rewards program who will be able to help. I hear @Aylex got tracking info, so that’s a good sign for you, as well!

5 Likes

Thankyou.:cat2::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey, stranger things have happened! I’ll set my attunement to “Newton”.

4 Likes

giphy (8)

6 Likes

The kitty on the left seems to be doing some good scratching! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I will give you one of my favorite, off-the-beaten-path comics artwork recommendations. Some years ago, First Comics got ahold of the Classics Illustrated license, and came out with their own line. Prestige Format (aka Dark Knight format, aka 48-page squarebound), each title adapted by a different writer/artist team.

Including Moby Dick, fully painted by Bill Sienkiewicz.

If you can find a copy of that beauty, grab it.

3 Likes

Is it just me, or between this and the kitty latte, the gifs are getting cuter?

6 Likes

ralphsix is there.

No wait, edit:

You probably want a serious answer. turns down Cat Dealers - Your Body

I think a lot of people these days don’t know where to get started with DC Comics. So many people know Marvel because of their successful cinematic universe, but if they really want to get into the comic book universe, you have to know DC. You just do. And if you want a close, personal friend to show you how to enjoy DC exactly as you want to discover it, you have to sign up for DC Universe. One, you can try it for a whole week without paying, and then it’s the cost of like, 2 comics a month after that. There is an incredible selection of articles and collections to give you clean entry points into the genre the way you want to approach it. But most importantly, DC Universe is thoughtful. It’s analytical. It’s the thinking person’s comic book platform. And if you’re confused, or excited, or just want to keep the party going, there’s a whole Community you can lurk to learn more. And you’re guaranteed a laugh. The people in the community are freaking hilarious, and you won’t get that same in-fighting you get everywhere else.

DC Universe really makes it easy to be a fan.

I’m not a salesperson so that isn’t much of a “pitch”, but it’s how I feel.

Also I’m tired so it might not make sense.

16 Likes

6 Likes

When I did Porfiry Petrovich in the adaptation of Crime & Punishment, it was an homage to Columbo. The trench, the disheveled tie, cigar, cigar ash on the coat, the whole nine yards. It was a blast taking such an iconic American character and placing that style into Russia.

4 Likes

Not currently, the DC Daily crew was who made those doccos.

8 Likes