OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Yes, and you know what that means…
Only 120 more hours until Stargirl!

Thanks and good night, Applejack!

6 Likes

As always many, many thanks @Applejack
Safe and happy week. :pray:

6 Likes

Thank you as always for keeping us sharp, and honest. It’s a wild ride, and I’m honored to be on it with you all. Good night, and see you next week!

14 Likes

10 Likes

This is a second time @Applejack did a 3 hours of Office Hours! Cool! Have a goodnight everybody! :grinning:

5 Likes

I’ve never been part of any other community with a leader like Applejack. Your sincerity and dedication fits Webster’s definition of awesome. Thanks for holding our hands (sanitized) through this scary time. I am humbled by the super long edition of office hours that I just read. I had concerns over the longevity of DCU, I was still upset about losing the annual subscription, etc. You definitely made me feel better. Changes seem inevitable, but I certainly want DCU to continue being part of my life. Thank you very much for your honesty. It means a lot.

What are the best ways that we users can support the service? Obviously, there is staying subscribed. Beyond that, are certain actions weighed with more importance when the powers that be evaluate how we’re doing? I’d love to know.

Stay healthy, ok? We need you. :green_heart:

10 Likes

@Applejack

Meaning since merch is limited, sweepstakes, and special events aren’t happening the annual is suspended and due to Covid?

4 Likes

I wore my Superman T-shirt for luck all day today. After reading this I’m convinced it worked. At least a little.

6 Likes

Dream on may just not be digitized (or whatever they got to do to make something streamable, given how old it is.

As for Fraggle Rock… interestingly it is on AppleTV+ (or whatever Apple TV’s streaming service is), it is so far the one and only show on there that is not an AppleTV original show… which isn’t random at all. lol

4 Likes

Oh my…

It’s so cute!

4 Likes

:blush: thanks stay safe

4 Likes

Well, for this new normal, any chance we are getting that live stream in it? :wink: I still say as I did way back when, a live stream would allow the use of ad support to help offset the costs. I can’t imagine anyone would be upset with a live ad supported stream if the on demand stayed ad free (or maybe 1 or 2 ads to start). (BTW, this was kinda joking with a serious background to it, hope it reads that way.) I definitely disagree that your answer is disheartening though, as I always appreciate your honesty when answering our questions. Words cannot express how appreciated that is. The fact that you spend so much time devoted to us every week is something I do not see anywhere else. I will always appreciate answers I don’t like to no answers at all. Thank you for everything!!!

6 Likes

I read the Community Guidelines immediately after 2.0 launched, so it would appear Michael Holt skipped me. For a guy that bills himself as Mister Terrific and a smarty pants, his skip over makes him more of a poopy pants.

Anywho…

goes up to the roof and twiddles his thumbs as Bart’s Comet passes over

3 Likes

Naturally! It’s too good to peel off.

4 Likes
  1. Alien/Predator has been in the comic news lately with Marvel’s acquisitions of the comic rights, so that’ll get the nostalgia gland pumping.

2. OH HELL YEAH. Batman: Ego is my favorite oneshot Batman comic. Cooke is King.

2 Likes

Come on, it’s gotta be Batgirl done up in the DCU badge style.

6 Likes

Well, I FINALLY made it through tonight’s office hours. Well over 200 (maybe 300) posts and all extremely good. My request for next week, no kitties!!! Don’t get me wrong, I love the little mean balls of fluff, but we need some puppy love. I decree that we need LOTS of Dalmatians (my favorite breed)!!! Also, if you don’t love dogs, you are not my kind of people, so there!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I also have to ask, since I am a vegetarian, does finding @DeSade-acolyte’s jokes about cooking cats funny mean I am going to the hot place? Will the Devil look like Tom Ellis? Is Lucifer right that you can walk out whenever you want? Because if the answer to any and all of those questions is yes, I am ready to go!!!

Loved the posts this week, and I will be here to join in on the fun next week. Maybe I can keep @Applejack here for 4 hours next week, and if I do, may you all here this over and over:

YouTube

(Look at that, dear Applejack, I learned a new trick)

5 Likes

To quote Jeffrey Tambor’s character from The Larry Sanders Show: “Hey now!”

As in, “Hey now!”, there can never be too many kitty posts in any one thread in the community, but especially Office Hours.

I’m quite confident that @Razzzcat, @Mae, @ralphsix and @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx (if Ieft any other Office Hours Cat Crew members out, I apologize) will back me up on this one.

With kitten gifs, pictures and/or testimonials about how Kitten Academy is the greatest thing on YouTube, 'natch.

To quote the best Catwoman: “Meow.”

7 Likes

@Applejack, this isn’t DCU-related, but being that we both adore the TV show the below is from…

:notes: “Can I…be…a boozehound?” :notes:

Meanwhile, I’m going to flip through some Monald Muck comics.

goes to tune in the 24/7 Itchy and Scratchy Channel, where their motto is “Itchy and Scratchy, all day, all night, and absolutely NO Poochy!”

Ah! A grand entertainment by which to read.

sees Roy walk by

“Yo, yo! How’s it hanging?”

Yeah, hi Roy.

resumes reading while enjoying a glass of fresh milk

I love Apu, but I will not drink that 1984 milk of his. No way, no how.

:milk_glass:

2 Likes

You know it’s bad when even @superby1 has stopped his defenses.

5 Likes