New Titans Live-Action Series; Not Good

I love it I like how each episode is dedicated to a character and how they deep dive into it they don’t hold back and the action is great every Easter egg they give gets me so excited anyway that’s just me

I fully agree with Doublebilliion…the plot is slow…acting is awful…its going no where, quick!! I hope every week that it gets better but it just doesn’t. Its nothing like the cartoon…bored!!!

I strongly, strongly disagree. I felt the acting was very good, with a special shoutout to dck grayson. I felt the plotting was well done for the most part, though starfire’s amnesia was just fucking dumb. The characters were all well done to me, and I am waiting with baited breath for more. I really liked what they did with wondergirl.

4 Likes

I feel like once Season 2 drops, people will change their tune. I loved the first season for the most part, but was disappointed by the finale, or better yet, the lack there of.

1 Like

I actually really liked the finale, though if the show didnt have a second season it would literally kill me. Watching them break robin to build nightwing was a blast.

3 Likes

It just didn’t feel like a complete season to me without a single team-up fight, and I felt like the Dick vs Batman that was advertised was a pretty big bait-and-switch.

You’re totally right about Donna Troy, though. Definitely my favorite part of the season.

We did get some pretty good fights, which involved most of them, And even without dick fighting him batman going off the deep end was nice. I did feel the show built to a major cliffhanger successfully. now we wait for doom patrol and season 2. I cant wait to see negative man in action.

No “Titans”, I want Teen Titans!

iloved it!as a person who collected and loved the originals even before perez/wolfman- i thought it was awesome.

2 Likes

Why now titans ravenlord? Even the comics ran under that title for a while.

1 Like

Thanks for all the opinions and feed back! Enjoyed reading everyone’s thoughts.

I still don’t quite think everyone is understanding what I’m trying to convey. For everyone that enjoys the show and all the other past comics and animations adaptations please READ this.

So, for all those that favored this program and love the teen Titans in general I ask you this;

You think that dick Grayson being a murderer and psycho is who Robin is? You like that Raven is a child that doesn’t know anything? Starfire pretty much not even being who Starfire is? Beast boy can’t change into anything other than a tiger and isn’t green? Cyborg isn’t even present here, he’s going to be in the doom patrol which he never was.

Please give me feedback on that. They could have called this show anything else, (Super team, the darksiders, cast downs or whatever etc) and I probably would bat an eye thinking it was the Titans.

*Not, not now. I till hold to both shows being good so far

Ok, actual points! Lets get into it!
First off, the titans arent teens by and large anymore, and that has been reflected in the comics as well, person ally I think the name Titans works. Now onto the characters!

Do I think dick grayson being a psychopath and murderer is ok? No, and I don’t think that’s what this dick is. He is not robin, he can see that he can’t be robin anymore. But who is he? Well, the angst of growing up with batdad is hardly new to this series, so who is nightwing, the hero who dick eventually becomes? Well if batman exists to punish the guilty, and heroes like wonderwoman who superman exist to protect the innocent, nightwing is the dude who has seen how dark the world can be, and who knows that sometimes people make their own beds and have to lie in it, but ho is willing to offer help to those all others have given up on, cause he personally remembers when he lost himself in a place like that. That seems to be what they are doing, and I dont know that the robin story of him becoming nightwing has ever gotten a live action treatment like this.

The raven we meet in teen titans has likely gone through a lot of this before we meet her, but for an origin story this seems pretty spot on for her. She is a girl without a family, because her family is unspeakably evil, and she has powers which have the potential to make her just as bad. So in this version, I do think she isa child,for now. She’s learning.

Starfire was almost nothing like the animated series for much of her comic existence, being an alien combatant of unclear origin or even alignment for much of her on page time. The codified version is, from what I can gather, a somewhat hot headed, friendly person who is fiercely protective of those close to her who has had a conplicated relationship with dick grayson, and who comes from a world where the social norms concerning sexuality and sex are more relaxed in general, hense her historically questionable outfit choices. So year, looks like starfire to me.

In comic, Cyborg has been a justice Leaguer for a minute now, so his absense I can live with. Putting him in doom patrol, thats weird I’ll agree We shall see.

Beastboy’s condition seems progressive to me, and his powers work by unzipping and reconstituting his dna, so the tiger thing is almost certainly temporary. And I’m thinking his perma green is coming, especially since they went out of their way to say that he’s the only doom patroller whose powers dont prevent them from going out in public.

2 Likes

DoubleBillion…I wish fans, like you, could understand one simple thing…TITANS is not a “remake” of what you and others have read or seen in cartoons or comic books. TITANS is its own version. What that means is this; it is following another path so that the writers and performers can put their unique spins on the characters.

The show is good and will get even better.

5 Likes

Yes I understand this is an entity of its own.
I stated in the past comments that I understand that live adaptations or any adaptations of something that was created before we’ll transition differently when it comes into something else. I’m just pointing out that a lot of the things that are about the other comics and TV shows that are different and changes much of the story itself and the characters itself is its own thing and doesn’t change what the Titans are.

This on the other hand is completely different from any adaptation anything at all that comes remotely close to the Titans. this program is awful if it’s taken characters and just completely change them and not for the better with horrible acting, bad casting terrible wardrobe and a complete lack of a budget apparently.

Don’t worry I 100% understand what you’re saying that this isn’t a remake or something of that nature this is itself an entirely of is own, a different adaptation, almost like a different universe that this is taking place in. The only problem is that this is terrible.

I love DC but one thing I can’t stand is that fans of DC no matter what, 9.999/10 times will stand by whatever DC makes.

This is all one hundred percent my opinion though everybody is allowed to have their own opinion and if you like the show go ahead and like it I’m just saying I don’t really like it.

Ok, I gotta say, no budget? Bad wardrobe choices? We watched different fucking shows man. To me this is possibly the best done visually thing dc has made in the LA medium outside of say dark knight. I think it awesome, the bat and robin suits look great, beast boy has his ACTUAL classic comic outfit, robotman and negative man stepped right off the fucking page, starfire’s powers look awesome, raven’s powers look awesome, so like getting away from the plot arguement, which I feel has already been addressed by me and others, what is so wrong about the visuals/outfits?

1 Like

Gotta jump back in here. My wife and I didnt even finish the season (I think we made it 7 or 8 episodes) yet. I am sure we will come back to it and finish it eventually, but there’s not really much that has grabbed us at any point and made us feel compelled to watch the next episode asap. And I dont mean that about just where we are. But at the end of each episode.
I would say that the visuals don’t necessarily look low budget by any means. But some of the cgi doesn’t blend well with the live action elements. Specifically Beast Boy’s tiger form. It looks out of place. It would look tits and ass amazing if this was an animated thing with that tiger in it. But it’s live action, and we as an audience are supposed to believe that these things are all happening live in front of a camera. Even when we know it’s not, there is still a suspension of disbelief that many people can afford themselves to keep themselves in it for many other shows. But when things don’t look like they fit, it loses me. I will admit, working in post production, I am used to seeing in-progress or temp visual effects to get timing down and all that. But when I’m done working and go to the living room to watch shows with my friends and family, I want to see everything come together and look seamless. To me, that tiger (and a few other odds and ends) dont blend in with the rest. Its easy to tell its animated and takes me as a viewer out of it. I try not to talk about said things while my wife is around, because I do notice them more. I’ve apparently ruined a couple of shows and movies for her in the past, so I’ve learned to keep my mouth shut. But even she commented on the tiger specifically. Most of raven’s and starfire’s powers have seemed alright to me. But again, I haven’t seen the whole season yet, and it may or may not be worse in later episodes.
I can see why some, or even most people would like the show, to an extent. But for me, it really doesn’t all come together.
I’ve said it before, I wish it wasn’t an origin story for the team. I could see the Nightwing transition, and maybe one or two episodes to do some flashbacks to origins of specific characters. But the whole thn g about just ignoring that Teen Titans basically never actually happened was a turn off for me right away. To me, this isn’t even about the fact that it’s different than the comics. I get that there was a push to make more adult oriented content and all. But I believe the show could have been way better off by just starting off with the Titans already having been a team that had spent their teenage years together and they could have fought the brotherhood of evil, deathstroke, mento, the h.i.v.e, or any number of villains that they’ve traditionally fought over the years.

1 Like

I liked the first season but had some issues with it.

Alot of times it felt dark and edgy just for the sake of being dark and edgy rather than it adding anything.

I also had some issues with the pacing and how every time it felt like they were getting somewhere story wise, they would do an episode that had nothing to do with anything just to introduce us to someone new. I LOVED the Hank and Dawn, Donna Troy and Doom Patrol episodes, but they just made me excited about the prospect of their own shows rather than keeping me emotionally involved with what is happening with the Titans.

I’m hopeful that the show will come into it’s own more in the second season because there is potential there.

I’m never against anyone’s opinions but I thought it was incredible. Which is natural. No such thing as everyone agreeing in most cases, especially on portrayals of beloved characters. I thought Minka Kelley was a great live action Dove. Liked all the characters & how they portrayed em. To each his own tho.

1 Like