New Titans Live-Action Series; Not Good

Best show ever and if you don’t enjoy it maybe give it another chance sometimes shows better developers further in future seasons

If u don’t like it don’t watch it

I hate how the number one jackass response is: if you don’t like it, dont watch it.

Like… Is that even necessary? We’re obviously going to watch it and make our opinion about it. I equate that reponse to when people say: “stop complaining/whining” when it’s not really the case.

We have a liberty to analyze and make a statement on the level of satisfaction from something. We grew up with these characters which makes us even the more opinionated and bias towards their live adaptations. When that adaptation is done poorly or just isnt executed properly, it’s like a natural disaster you can do nothing about.

So when you say “if you don’t like, don’t watch it”, you obviously have no intellectual or educated information to add. You were better off just not commenting…

Just kinda irks me. End rant

5 Likes

New subscriber here. Downloading a comic goes 25% and stops on my iPad. What am I doing wrong?

2 Likes

It’s not your cup of tea,…but I thought it was great.

2 Likes

Thanks for everybody’s input. Really enjoyed reading everybody’s opinion or take on the show.

@maddoxx92 I agree with you 100%.

Now, I have noticed a lot of replies saying that this is their favorite show or is a really good show. I would like to know why this is your favorite show or good show. Please explain to me what makes this so great or what about the show stands out among the rest or how it is better than other live adaptations of DC comics.

Don’t take that the wrong way, I’m very genuine when asking this. I want to understand what makes the show great in your guy’s opinion.

2 Likes

I like it because it’s a good DC response to all of the Marvel success out there, and DC needs fresh good guy characters. Titans storylines and Perez’ comics rock. I didn’t find Batman v. Superman that memorable somehow. Like a couple of guys beating each other up, the story line kind of got a little lost and a little old with all the fighting in a dark backdrop for me. More like wrestling. I liked Henry Cavill as an actor and he really looks like Superman. Titans is interesting, to me, it’s fresh, gritty. And it’s more like Avengers or X-Men. It has a lot of human element in it and it’s diverse to appeal to a large populations. There are a lot of allusion and omg moments hinting at huge story arcs. The people struggling to make it but being optimistically good, e.g., Beast Boy and Raven, in Titans gives it a Spiderman feel, which has been successful. I like that the story leaves you on the edge, (maybe too much because I had to end up binge watching) and there is a lot going on in the story. The thing with Justice League is it’s so long between movies I forget what it’s all about. I don’t remember any Easter Eggs, and there isn’t really an overarching theme. I see all this with Titans. Tight story, moves fast, very exciting, easy to pick up. Edgy and human. Attractive characters, easy to root for. It’s a little like Heroes. I think if there’s movie making eventually it should be filed at the same time so it can be released with short times in between so people don’t forget and move on (kind of how Hunger Games was so successful).

3 Likes

@eagleuno I would make a thread within the Watchtower tab and post your inquiry there. The mods are extremely helpful and great listeners!! In addition, try accessing support via the browser version of dc universe.

I wish they hadn’t made Dick Grayson into a killer. I also wish this show wasn’t Titans, but rather Nightwing. I also dislike the Starfire interpretation. She looks way older than the rest of the cast, plus the hooker look doesn’t work for me.

I love Titans so far, my favorite tv show n the moment. Way more than the trashy CW shows (they r so bad that I stopped watching them).:man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Dude, I’ve been saying this so many times throughout almost each episode’s premiere. Yet, I seem to have been the bad guy in the forums for expressing a genuine concern.

I think the show is just awful. Poorly acted, the directions’ all over the place, painfully slow, poor character substances, cringy lines and executions, obvious bad special effects, disingenuous swearing and adult content, and perhaps very uncomfortable to have to breathe it in as a decent, let alone proud, moment in DC’s library of live-action adaptations. Not complimentary at all.

Critical fans of DC exist. We’re here to stay.

Animation is where it’s at. Vote with your wallets. The DCAMU is the most substantial property right now, and so I’m putting my money/support where my mouth is. Batman: HUSH (2019) is a day 1 digital buy for me.

2 Likes

I love it. It is what it is. Its a different story. Watch the animated Teen Titans if you dont like it. Or Go!

2 Likes

Im in love with the new Donna Troy. She’s great. She’s good on the Klondike series too.

4 Likes

Might be cliche but love everything about it. The cast I think is perfect for their parts. The characters are interesting and make me want to see more of them. The story line, while a bit slow, is intriguing and I love the style and dark themes of the show. The fighting is amazing and it looks pretty realistic. I love the implications of a larger universe and can’t wait to see doom patrol. I can understand why some wouldn’t like it but I think those are the reasons I love it.

3 Likes

Ya I love the show. Even recognizing that the Hawk and Dove segments where most likely brought over from a previous project I still enjoyed every episode.

I also tend to enjoy most anything super hero tho.

3 Likes

I didn’t like the Teen Titans cartoon. Cyborg saying booyah always bothered me from such a tortured character. I love the Titans tv show and it is more like the Titans I grew up with in the mid80s.

3 Likes

Gregor I’m the same way. It has to really suck for me to not like a dc project lol.

Wow, a lot of new responses here. Glad to see there are two sides to this discussion. I still don’t understand how the things that everyone is saying that they like about the show is something to like. The characters are awful and the acting done by them are just as bad. The story is boring and slow. The only episode that was good was the one not even about them. (Doom Patrol) Being a huge DC fan I like to see them try to make live action actually work, but 9/10 they don’t. I guess I just can’t wait to see if the Doom Patrol show will suck or not. Also you will be seeing my thread on that show pop-up here in a couple weeks.

PS. The Titans live-action is nothing like the 80’s Teen Titans comics.

2 Likes

Doesn’t actually suck just because YOU think so in your opinion

4 Likes

True.