:00_dc_2016: Naomi Season 1 Discussion Thread :00_dc_2016:

Because most fans watch all the shows already, to be honest. The crossovers draw big ratings too.

3 Likes

I understand having a new power show up as she learns about herself. Smallville did the same with Clark. Also, when doing a season of television, it makes sense to stretch things like powers out.

3 Likes

I only watch Stargirl, so I will watch one with Stargirl (or at least the Stargirl parts).

2 Likes

I meant the vast majority of viewers watch each show, not everyone…

3 Likes

Yeah, except with Smallville they would dedicate an episode to said new power, its effect on Clark, how he learned to control it, and how it benefited him in helping others. It was cool how they spent a bit of time exploring his powers. I’ll never forget the episode with the hot teacher and heat vision :joy:

4 Likes

Except each season was released with the complete crossover on BluRay for the initial pressing and again it made huge ratings boosts for the CW.

3 Likes

There is no denying Smallville was better written, effects, just all around series, but Smallville was probably given more money, as it was a much more popular character.

4 Likes

While I agree it’s not ideal, it’s probably better for marketing. Getting more people to buy more series or the higher priced BluRay. Also, between Netflix and HBO Max, you can get every episode on digital as part of the subscription. However, it’s now confirmed it’s over, as The Flash will end with a 13 episode 9th season, so no more crossovers. Though, Disney is apparently going to start, and everything is tied together in the MCU, so this is a way better deal than having to watch every movie and series…

2 Likes

If I was a completionist for these that would make me give up right there, not buy multiple DVD sets and get multiple streaming services.

2 Likes

Most people already have Netflix, so you just need Batwoman to complete, if you want to look at it that way. Again, look at the ratings and interest boost thanks to the crossovers. Hasn’t been 1 in over 2 years, and we’re still talking about them, won’t be another.

2 Likes

Personally, I buy the movies and series I love, so I never have to rely on the service. If it’s such a big deal to you, cancel the services and buy the BluRay or digital copies. They usually go way down on Black Friday…

2 Likes

Big difference from that and all DC fans, especially since many migrated away.

And quickly that was replaced by interest in the cameos.

True, that Smallville cameo was so awful it is hard to not talk about the worst three minutes in television history.

2 Likes

Crisis on Infinite Earths was probably the best ratings the CW ever got and is the only one not entirely on Netflix, so what is your argument?

2 Likes

Then, if so many were so bothered by the crossovers, why did they draw the biggest viewership? Also, why are you not mad at Marvel making you watch every movie and series?

3 Likes

I do not think I have to watch Captain Marvel in order to understand Black Adam. I hope not, since I am looking forward to watching Hawkman clobber Adam.

2 Likes

Captain Marvel is Marvel, Black Adam is DC. You do need to watch Ms Marvel to be up to speed for the Captain Marvel sequel though…

3 Likes

Looks like a DC property to me.

3 Likes

No, he can’t be referred by that name in the films. Captain Marvel is completely different than Shazam…

3 Likes

How is it a poor marketing strategy when it boosted sales, subscriptions, and views? That’s the very point of marketing, to make more money and it worked…

2 Likes

First, I tried to get this back on topic long ago. Second, Smallville doesn’t compare because it didn’t spawn a universe of shows. Third, crossovers do work, that’s why they keep doing them (Bionic/Six Million, Law and Order, the Chicago shows, and on and on). Finally, the shows are not ending because of the crossovers, Amell decided to stop doing Arrow, then the CW is being sold off and they are trying to reduce the money being spent on it…

2 Likes