My Journey Into No Man's Land

To The Memory Of…
Screenshot_20230518-130708_Infinite

Oracle breaks another TV, which makes it 2, and what’s worst, the mayor was assassinated! This is a terrible tragedy for Gotham, many people are leaving, congress and the senate refuse to help, and Gotham is now being overrun by criminals.
Oracle is staying behind as Nightwing and Robin plans to leave.
As for Nick Scratch, he’s trying to get Bruce Wayne killed.
Looking forward to see what will happen next. The cover picture looks painful for Batman!

:00_batman_1986:

3 Likes

As Gotham is about to be shutdown, Nightwing and Robin has another adventure, dealing with half human and half machine looking spider! :cold_sweat:
Where’s Batman & Bruce Wayne? Nobody knows.
Commissioner Gordon plans to stay in Gotham, good news is that he’ll have some support and help from some police officers like Bullock and Montoya. :slightly_smiling_face:

Will be reading next issue soon.

4 Likes

Nick Scratch goes on TV to talk about why Gotham needs to be destroyed, Wonder if he’s related to Ra’s Al Ghoul from Batman Begins, this guy has real serious issue wanting a damage city to be destroyed!
In the meantime our hero Azrael is on a mission to protect a Supreme Court justice guy, will he save him or fail again.
Funny thing is, in the next issue and story I’m about to read is where I exactly stop and start all over to understand the story better, hey @TheBatgirlofNML let’s start all over again!:smiley:
Just kidding, I’m still going to continue this! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m so glad I’ve started over earlier or otherwise had I read this issue earlier, I’d be lost and not know what’s going on, like jumping in the middle of the movie, how did Lois first meet Superman anyway in the 1978 movie? And why is she interviewing him? You really get the point. :slightly_smiling_face:
Batman gave Azrael a new suit, but he didn’t put it on til the end.

Gotta say it look awesome. Great news, I’ve now got 1 last comic left in Batman: Road To No Man’s Land Vol. 2 before going into Batman: No Man’s Land Vol.1! Guess I’ll be rereading the comics I have read earlier, beside, it’ll be fun.:grinning:

3 Likes

Sure!

To quote @biff_pow , why not both?

(Throwback for ya there)

4 Likes

Ok, this pretty much a focus on some important characters including Where’s Bruce Wayne?
When I saw this…

I had no idea I have actually read Batgirl first appearance and she was unknown at the time, I remember years ago when I first saw this Batgirl, I thought she look awesome and reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman’s outfit.
Many years later, we now know who she is. As for the person I’m supporting in No Man’s Land is…

Is The Penguin all the way! :grin: :penguin_smirkhqtas:

I’m now officially done with Road to no man’s land and am now in…

Batman: No Man’s Land Vol.1. The bad news is there’s no covers of each comics in the graphic novels, so I’ll have to do the best as I can on this.
Looking forward to reading it! Til next time, see you soon! :smiley:

:part_alternation_mark:

3 Likes

As I’m beginning of the first story for a second time, I’ve really meant to share this, love the auction scene that the Penguin hosted…

Beware, if you win something, Penguin may just have to take a bite out of your prize!:laughing:
:penguin_starehqtas:

3 Likes

Hey @Reaganfan78. So I totally copped out on the NML reading. With little free time at the moment this many issues would tie me up for a while.

BUT! I’m not totally abandoning NML. I’m listening to the graphic audio version of it and it’s really excellent. It’s about 11 hours so it’s definitely a quick version. The story starts with Batman having been missing for 3 months I think. So far the only “cape” that’s shown up is Huntress. It’s been more about the GCPD at this point.

I’ll keep checking in here. Maybe you’ll help fill in the blanks that’s the audiobook left out. Don’t worry about spoilers on my part. I think I’m technically “ahead” of you. I’ll suck it up and read the real thing someday!

4 Likes

Unlike the government.

4 Likes

I’m definitely digging the story so far. As much as I like reading Batman in Justice League and the more modern techno/action thrillers in Batman/Detective Comics, you can’t beat the nitty gritty street level stories of the “DC Bullet” era.

5 Likes

That’s a great way to go, I’ll be reading No Man’s Land on Monday. Have a great week weekend.:grinning:

4 Likes

I think this is the first issue I want to go back and read that the audiobook didn’t cover. It sounds awesome.

4 Likes

It’s been 2 weeks since I last posted, ok, now I’m all caught up where I originally left, with Batman returns and defeated Scarface and The Ventriloquist.
Reading through the graphic novel, I’m here now…

I really can’t wait to see how Gordon will react when he see Batman, and will the city ever go back to normal?

3 Likes

The aftermath of the Scarface fight is a memorable moment for me. The meeting between Gordon and Batman is one for the ages.

3 Likes

Last night I read about Azrael, as he continues battling the weird devil looking goons.
I like his new costume, but you can’t beat his original costume.
Anyway it’s a interesting story, next it’s back to Batman. Looking forward to it! :smiley:

2 Likes

The next story begins with The Scarecrow…

Maybe he has finally changed to be good, or is he? The Huntress return, she save a old lady, after that she met with Batman before visiting a church, and she goes on the attack to get Scarecrow, maybe her fear got the best of her or maybe she was right to attack him. I’ve never realize how twisted the Scarecrow can be, even if he act all innocent.
Part 2 in the next story, looking forward to it. :grinning:

3 Likes

I’ve read the next chapter of the story, Father Sounder needed food for the people, so he goes to The Penguin for help! Was it a wise choice?
Meanwhile Batgirl is working with Batman. Think she saw what look like a tag of Nightwing…

I have to share my favorite Huntress scene which I think it’s funny…

Wonder if @Huntress_Helena ever read or see this part in No Man’s Land storyline? :grinning:

The ending was sad and interesting as it goes into part 3, look like Scarecrow is still a villain (which I’m glad.) How will Huntress will react to the murder of former gang member who wanted to do good? Then again he didn’t died yet, will he survive? There’s so many questions that the Riddler would love to ask, even in riddles! :thinking:

2 Likes

(That symbol is for the faith sector. It’s a district run by several different religious groups. That was shown in the background earlier. I’d have to check for where exactly.)

Fear of Faith is one of my favorite NML stories. I also love Scarecrow so I’m biased.

3 Likes

Read the next chapter, look like the former goon who was shot, may survive, The Huntress would make a great leader, while she’s feeling guilty, trying to prevent a war, the Scarecrow is starting trouble and wants to cause a war out of fear!
Seem like no one is listening to poor Huntress! Meanwhile Gordon is definitely feeling tired with alot of stress.
How will the Scarecrow be stop?!

3 Likes

I’m just rooting for Gordon’s garden. Keep at it Jim!

3 Likes