My Journey Into No Man's Land

In this issues we get two different stories, Alfred & The Huntress.

In Alfred story, it was like a home alone version for him against a few badguys. What suprise me most is the person who wrote this story, Lisa Klink.
Screenshot_20230508-123727_Infinite
I wonder if she’s the same lady who wrote alot of Episodes for Star Trek Voyager and Star Trek Deep Space Nine? It’d be awesome if it was, I still remember seeing on Jeopardy, she won a few games.
Anyway I really like this story.

Next we have Huntress where she’s off to safe a kids, I want to like this story, but not so much, why do the writers have to write these dark stuff about the Badguys? I thought it was a bit much.
Hope we get more Huntress stuff soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

:00_batman_1986: :00_huntress2:

3 Likes

I’ve been working my way through Knightfall, Knightquest, and now Knightsend. I’m looking forward to reading No Man’s Land eventually. I remember seeing the comics in stores when I was a kid and having no idea what was going on, so it’ll be fun to actually read it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve read them a few years ago, really good stories, I actually enjoy reading them. Have fun reading them. I’ll try my best not to spoil too much for No Man’s Land, as I continue reading them. :grinning:

3 Likes

No need to worry about spoiling anything on my behalf, it’s been around a while already and I’m a little familiar with what happens. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another good issue, stress is catching up with Bruce, and he hug Alfred for comfort. This issue was mostly a narration by Vesper Fairchild, Bruce’s girlfriend. She gives a update on a radio how things are going.
They’re really dragging on with the Aftershock storyline, if this was a TV series, it probably last for a whole season, thanks to the last season finale when the earthquake hits!
Look like I’m getting close to the end of Volume 1 of road to no man’s land storyline, will be reading more later. :smiley:

:00_batman_1986:

3 Likes

In this issue, Batman, Robin & Nightwing must protect a hospital at all cost from the rioters call The Quick,
I like how Bullock and the nurse were getting to know each other that he even invites her to a movie, it was really nice to see that.
Vesper Fairchild is still talking on a radio, wonder if anybody beside Bruce Wayne listen to her show.
At the end of comic, another tragic event takes place on a Gotham Bridge.

3 Likes

Remember the good old days?

Remember when it was Batman & Robin vs. Any villains like The Joker, The Penguin, Riddler & Two-Face?

Now remember them, Batman & Nightwing?

I really enjoy this comic where Batman and Nightwing remembering the past and even talk a bit about the future.
I remember when DC Universe first open, there was so many comic that I literally hard a hard time picking which comic to read first, I wanted to read them all, 4 1/2 years later it’s still growing and I still want to read them all like this comic book! :laughing:

3 Likes

Batman is on a rescue mission to save a little girl, and he need help by The Joker! After reading all the comic so far, it was actually nice to see The Joker, I even made a Joker Thread a few days ago, so you can tell I’m a fan of this villain.
This story is really a fast pace story, and guess what?! I finally finished reading Batman: Road To No Man’s Land Vol.1 and now I’m in Volume 2!

Think I’m going to call it a day and read Vol. 2 tomorrow, looking forward to it! :smiley:
Thankyou so much everybody, for your likes, comments and support, it really help me continuing reading this. I really appreciate it.

4 Likes

No Man’s Land! No Man’s Land!

Yeah… bare in mind that the event was spread across a bunch of titles so right out the gate it got a bunch of issues. As soon as it lasts for any amount of time you are looking at a lot of issues. That’s great for a long event like NML itself but not for some of the lead up.

5 Likes

It’s been over a week since I last read, sorry about that, needed a little break. Anyway Batman has a mission for Azrael, he needs him to protect a senator from Nick Scratch, will he succeed? Next is a part two of the story. :grinning:

3 Likes

It’s Azrael vs the rock singer Nick Scratch who is unpredictable as the Joker, making himself a hero.
Would’ve like to read more, but guess who’s blocking my reading again?

My old pal Alfred is totally blocking my reading and can’t read any further.:frowning:

Update
Well things are not looking for Azrael, he gets a visit from Batman, telling him that he should quit because he failed.
In my opinion I think Batman is being a bit unfair to him. Can’t believe the story already ended like that. Hopefully we’ll get a continuing update on Azrael soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have really enjoyed reading this, it was great to see Kyle Rayner’s Green Lantern, trying to stop a guy for stealing a necklace, Batman wasn’t thrill to see him in his city. After reading this, I want to read more of Kyle Rayner’s adventures in a Green Lantern series, maybe I should.:grinning: :00_lc_green_lantern:
Then we see Oracle having her own adventure with Man-Bat, hanging out together, weird but true!
@HubCityQuestion & @Huntress_Helena would love this next adventure where Huntress & The Question Team-up. Nice to see them together outside of Justice League Unlimited. This comic was a great read.:smiley: :00_huntress1: :0_the_question_jlu:

5 Likes

Thankyou Alfred, it is time for another adventure of Batman, things are not looking good for Gotham, so Bruce Wayne goes to Washington DC to try to save his own city, but there’s a problem, Nick Scratch, remember him from Azrael? He’s doing everything he can to have no hope for Gotham and even release Firefly! Will Bruce Wayne be able to save Gotham, or will it be doom as a No Man’s Land forever?
Looking forward to reading part 2, I’m a huge fan of Chuck Dixon. :smiley:

3 Likes

This probably has to be one of my favorite issues so far, it’s Bruce Wayne giving a long speech on why the senate needs to help Gotham, he does a great job, but was it successful? I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough, I also love the arts of 1 pages of Bruce’s past history, it was so well done. Looking forward to reading more. :grinning:

4 Likes

First awesome cover, while things aren’t looking good for Gotham, it’s Nightwing & Robin Vs. Firefly!
I honestly never thought I see Oracle break a TV screen by throwing a coffee cup at it, but who can blame her? Nick Scratch is a creep and a evil man. Hope Batman, Nightwing & Robin stop this guy soon before it gets any worst! Which I think it will.
As for the Senates, they’re still deciding if they will help save Gotham or Not.
Gotham should’ve contact Patrick Leahy to save the city since he’s a fan of Batman.:grin:

He’s not intimidated by any scum like Nick Scratch!:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

More Adventures of Nightwing & Robin, as they try to stop two men working for Nick Scratch by trying to destroy Gotham.
Meanwhile Commissioner Gordon is trying to get a job outside of Gotham, it doesn’t look good for him.
This pretty much a continuing Adventures from last issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Dixon really handled the Gordon storyline well. I know the trope of someone walking back in and overhearing the interviewers laugh at you is well-worn, but it was executed very effectively there.

3 Likes

This story is behind the scene with Arkham, ever heard of Waxman? Wonder where they come up with these characters? :thinking:
In this issues Dr. Arkham is writing in his journal about what’s going on in Arkham and things aren’t looking good, when does Arkham ever look good? :grin:
Next issue is part 2, by the way, I’ve always enjoy seeing so many cameos from Batman’s Rouge Gallery. :smiley:

3 Likes

The cover art looks beautiful, I really like it, Joker steal Dr. Arkham’s Journal and tells a Dr, that there should be a battle between Killer Croc and Pinhead.
As Arkham is falling apart, more staff are leaving the sinking ship, by the end of issue, Batman visit Arkham and is surrounded by Supervillains! This storyline is reminded me of Batman Arkham Asylum videogame, Wonder if Paul Dini got the idea by reading this issue?
Joker really played a big role in this comic. :joker_hv_1:

4 Likes

Turns out, Batman wasn’t Batman after all, Dr. Arkham continued to write in his journal, and the worst of all, he let all the Villains go! We’re now getting closer then ever to No Man’s Land storyline! Still there’s more reading to do, looking forward to reading more. :smiley:

3 Likes