My Journey Into No Man's Land

(I liked it personally. I also waited until it was fully out before reading though so maybe that is why. )

4 Likes

Hello everybody,
I was asking @HubCityQuestion about No Man’s Land, and wanted to be sure I’ll be reading the whole thing, and he has been a huge help, sending me links to the graphic novels section. as I’m studying both volumes 1 graphic novels, I soon realized after reading 4 issues, I need to start over again, only I’ll be going back further…

Thankfully I have Ultra so this will be a great place to start. @Cradle2theGabe if you have Ultra, this graphic novels is a great place to start, there’s actually 6 volumes of no man’s land graphic novels, with alot of reading, this will be fun.
My Journey to No Man’s Land begins again, a huge Thankyou to @HubCityQuestion! :smiley:

:00_batman_1986:

6 Likes

I have to say that’s a awesome looking cover to being with!
It’s been 8 days since the earthquake in Gotham, I have to say this is way better place to start.:slightly_smiling_face:
Mister Freeze look really awesome, I can see where The Batman (2004) tv series got the idea for their Mister Freeze design. So it was great seeing the Cool…:cold_face: wait…brr…I mean a cold hearted villain! :chill:
As for Clayface, he really wanted the piece of Batman.
Love this quote from Batman who save a guy from suicide…

Well said Batman. The guy story is next. His tragic story really reminds me of Job from The Bible who pretty much suffer and lost everything. Lesson: Even through tragedy, life can go on and get better, no matter what you’re going through.
Looking forward to reading the next story. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m in the middle of swapping from single issue to these volumes myself. I’m missing a few volumes still but these volumes are my preferred method, second is DCU. My primary reason is that I prefer hardcopies but the reading order is also slightly different. There is another rarer version out there that has 3 volumes but is missing a lot of issues.

(I’m purposefully drawing out the experience waiting between each volume or I would already have them all for the record. When some people found out that I didn’t currently own every issue they threatened to revoke my presidency of the NML fan club, I’m actually thinking about getting the next one tomorrow as part of a free comic book day deal).

4 Likes

Finished reading part 2 in this volume, there was a familiar name of the lady reporting the news, Vesper Fairchild, then I remember who she was!
Anyway we see Batman & Robin trying to get out of the Batcave to rescue people trapped in a subway, there’s one problem, Ratcatcher! This guy is not only creepy, but crazy as well.
I don’t want to give too much away, that was a good rescue story. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ratcatcher is my favorite D list villain. Love that guy.

4 Likes

I really couldn’t put this book down, we begin with a heartbreaking little girl name Jayrine looking for her mother, when Robin see her, he absolutely did the right thing to help the girl find her mother. When Jayrine meet Bullock, she’s probably the only person to think he’s funny.
Commissioner Gordon finally reunited with his wife Sarah. The scene of kissing each other reminded me when after the 1989 San Francisco Earthquake, my teacher’s husband was there, days later he stood at the doorway of my classroom, when my teacher saw him, she ran toward him, they hug and kiss each other, it was great to see a happy ending after a terrible Earthquake.
I wasn’t in it, I was in a different state. As for Jayrine…When Robin found Jayrine’s mother, she show no love or care for her daughter, much like Billy Batson went through in first Shazam movie, get no love from the mother.
Anyway Robin is a real hero in this story. Can’t wait to read the next story, seriously you just can’t put this good book reading down!:grinning:

6 Likes

Boy that’s one scary cover, maybe the less things said the better about the issue, trust me. I honestly didn’t think it was great, it reminds me of the infamous story from the Oregon Trail.
Besides that, Batman is trying to find more survivors, think he’s feeling the stress.

4 Likes

I really should consider Ultra. I’ve run into this problem before. The storyline collections in regular DCUI are usually fine… But not everything is organized in a helpful way. Access to omnibuses would be so much easier.

Ok you keep at it. I’ll think about this.

5 Likes

Alan Grant was pretty much running on fumes at that point. The SotB issues are rough going. Terrific covers though.

5 Likes

Woke up early this morning, began to start my day of continuing reading Aftershock storyline. Guess Reading Robin was a great way to start the day after that terrible story I read last night.
So in this story Tim Drake check on his family and friends, or to at least check on his girlfriend, he soon run into Stephanie who wanted him to get her Spoiler costume for her, when he does, he run into her father…The Cluemaster!
This was a good story, looking forward to reading the next chapter.

4 Likes

Another good story, it seem like this story was a continuing story of Batman #555 where Batman & Robin rescue the people from the subway.
Alfred had a good idea on how to rebuild the Wayne Manor with the Batcave, Bruce doesn’t seem to like the idea even if it’s a good option.
Later we see Batman rescue 3 bank robbers who’s been trapped in a vault. When they went after Batman, it was like a scene from Walker Texas Ranger, Badguys has to fight the hero before surrounding!:roll_eyes:
I don’t want to spoil the rest of the story on Bruce Wayne/Batman, it seem like Gotham could be off to a good start on recovering after a terrible Earthquake, or…is it?:thinking:

4 Likes

I agree, I don’t know what I’ve just read, this story pretty much lost me.
Batman stop a few looters and meet a psychopath teacher. I really don’t get the blindfold part, Batman is not Daredevil, hopefully it gets better in the next issue of Shadow Of The Bat.

4 Likes

This was a fun issue, Ballistic returned to Gotham and this time he meets the ‘real’ Batman without knowing it.
He reminds me of a Rambo kind of guy. As I was thinking, I was thinking if @Jurisdiction hasn’t done it yet, Ballistic would be a interesting character to talk abouy in his Obscurity Of DC Club.
I really enjoy this story. I’m now reading the next story! :smiley:

4 Likes

He’s actually on the list already lol! Thanks for the rec though!!

3 Likes

This was another interesting story, it makes you wonder who’s more selfish in the story, Bruce Wayne or Devonport?

Bruce said no to the statue, keep in mind that this was before 9/11, what I see in the statue that he doesn’t, is the sacrifice of brave men trying to save life, had 9/11 already happened, I don’t think this storyline would’ve past.
What Bruce fail to see is heroism. That’s what the statue should be about.
As for Devonport, he gets mad about losing electricity and is furious if anyone touch his fallen building.
Without giving away the ending, I think you’ll know who’s alot more selfish.

3 Likes

So far I’m enjoying a story, it was great to see one of Batman’s villain til…

I can’t read any further because of Alfred! :frowning:

To Be Continued…

Edit:
A huge thankyou to @LastSon0fMars, I was able to continue the story reading. While Bruce send a day in business meeting, Batman’s Villain I mention, The Mad Hatter had his men working hard. Later he meets a strange Villain looking name Narcosis!
This was really good, looking forward to reading the next story. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

If you want background on Narcosis, he was introduced in SotB # 50-52.

4 Likes

Cool, Thankyou. I’ll have to check it out. :grinning:

3 Likes

Wow, that’s a beautiful comic cover, the cover said it all…

LOL! Don’t worry, I wasn’t effected by the Bliss gas. In this comic Batman goes after Mad Hatter & Narcosis.
I don’t want to give too much away. I really like seeing Oracle behind the scene as she help Batman. She really should have her own comic series. I think she does, looking forward to the reading the next story later. Til then, have a great day! :smiley:

3 Likes