Musical References in DC

:hugs: I’d never feel snubbed!

Teen Titans Go! (2003-2008) #3: The K-i-s-s-i-n-g song.
cyborg

2 Likes

Alright!!! Awesome. I didn’t realize it would get sent off immediately. I actually posted it for u. But after I typed everything out, it said u weren’t accepting messages. So I typed in 3-4 more mods names (all said not accepting messages too) than finally got to @staticshocks & than it finally went thru. I was just typing in all the mods tags til it went thru. Wasn’t like anyone was last choice. But, the message was for u saying basically what I posted here-& saying I just didn’t wanna burn one of my 20 spots up (on this thread) & included the issues I’m having with uploading. So it got sent off w/o u ever seeing it. Great find above btw.:+1:

1 Like

Infinite Frontier #1: The Beatles- Across the Universe (Multiverse).

1 Like

I see you have credited Sidewalks of New York to the Dead. That is sort of accurate, in that they performed it a few times at best. Looking into the song, it appears to be written in 1894 by a few Vaudevillians Charles B. Lawlor and James W. Blake. It also appears that Judge Harry T. Stone’s favorite singer Mel Torme also sang this song.

3 Likes

Did you just drop a Nightcourt reference up in here?! :smiley:

1 Like

No. Not again lol. I searched original artist & I already knew it as a Dead song. So, I guess blame Google on that one?

1 Like

I think I’ll just go this route from now on…?

This is literally the result from Sidewalks of New York original artist.

Not sure how I could credit anyone else?

1 Like

I did!!! Not to get too off topic, they are making a new series and Dan will be in it!!! I am hoping to see Roz and Bull but either way, I am watching it.

Lol, that is actually how I found that info as well. I just googled the song and then went to the wiki page.

2 Likes

I actually searched lyrics 1st x & it was the dead. Than I just searched it again under original artist & it said the Dead. I already knew it as a Dead song (as I said above) I almost didn’t check at all. I usually don’t lol.

1 Like

If you navigate to the main page of the DC Universe Infinite community and look on the bottom of the “Helpful Resources” column, there should be a blue button that will allow you to privately message the moderator group. Alternatively, when creating a private message, you should be able to type in “moderators” to the “add a user” section. If it’s a message for a specific moderator, it’ll be passed along accordingly.

Hope that helps! :grinning:

1 Like

Ok ty. That button on my iPad is where I sent it. It said u weren’t accepting messages. So I tagged u in the actual message itself- after I finally found a mod that was accepting messages. But it got sent off, so the tech team could get on it. Also, It’s so hard for me to access that button. It won’t scroll down for me. I have to scroll (swipe with my finger) down & hold it in place with my left hand. Than try to tap it with my right hand. I’m on an iPad. I’m sure it’s easy on a computer with a mouse & scroll bar. But it takes me forever. I’ll hold it in place & tap it with my right hand & it will jump back to the top of that bar. It usually takes me 5-10 tries to access it. On the message thing, I understand that. The last time I tried to just tag a specific mod it wouldn’t let me. This was probably a year ago. So I tagged every mod on here & none were accepting. I went to watchtower & asked why? They said- we’re trying to get people to use the message button (that u referred to). I said I don’t have one? Once again because of what I said above. Idk I had one b/c I can’t get to it. You’d probably have to see it on video or in person to understand what I’m talking about? But, if I can just put moderator in the spot where it says add user. I’ll do that. I just have trouble picturing it working b/c it usually makes u use an @ sign. So if I put @ moderators, oh ok. I see lol. It does have a tag for @ moderators. I never knew that. Ok, gotcha. Ty cuz accessing that button is next to impossible for me. It won’t go past the faq button for me.

I have to hold it down with one hand & try to tap it with my other hand b4 it snaps back up to the top of that bar on me.

The Brave & the Bold #200: The Clash.

1 Like

The Other History of the DC Universe #3: The Go-Go’s & Madonna poster. (I believe Duran Duran? But did 0 research? Just a guess?).

1 Like

The Other History of the DC Universe #3: Sade.

1 Like

Batman/ Catwoman #4: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing.

1 Like

The Flash #768: Shakira.

1 Like

Icon #21: The Long Goodbye- take your pick & George Clinton Quote.

1 Like

Static #22: Satisfaction- The Rolling Stones.

1 Like

The Authority: The Lost Year #8: Beyoncé.

2 Likes