Musical References in DC

Any time you see a reference to a song in a comic or video, post it here! And link the song, too! Like so:

Green Lantern #1, 1960

“Night and Day,” Cole Porter

20 Likes

Now I’m determined to find the panel of Tim dropping a Beastie Boys reference during the Dixon run

11 Likes

The Big All-American Comic Book (1944)

“Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off,” Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers

8 Likes

The wildcat growling in the cold distance was bubasti.

8 Likes

Blue Christmas :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

This I gotta see!

SN: You gotta fight, for your right, to PARTYYY!

7 Likes

Another Blue Christmas! Detective Comics #572.

7 Likes

Harley & Ivy Meet Betty & Veronica #4… appropriately enough, “Sugar, Sugar,” by The Archies.

9 Likes

This is going to be loaded. Even the titles of comic issues are loaded with musical references. I love it every time I see one.

7 Likes

@HubCityQuestion NO FRIGGIN WAY THIS IS A COMIC!!! I LOVE ARCHIE COMICS!!! AND DC COMICS!!! BUT TOGETHER!!! (edit: that picture is now my phone background. thank you for giving me yet another reason to live)

4 Likes

if you want to i’ll post ALL of my Archie comics… i have a collection spanning back to a couple of years ago. my first issue i ever got was about the Archie gang’s superhero personas… i liked Reggie’s Evilheart the most.

2 Likes

Here’s a better background for you, @Grosch:

7 Likes

TBWL Beatles Twist & Shout. Wonder Twins Bee-Gees How Deep is Your Love

11 Likes

I like to imagine that when Lois first kissed Clark after their first date he flies up to the sun and sings a rendition of Walking On Sunshine while literally doing just that.

7 Likes

I have a bunch so bare with me. First Wendy O’ Williams from the plasmatics. Dio, Randy Rhodes, Bon Jovi, Lemmy Kilmister (Motörhead).

10 Likes

Billy Joel, Olivia Newton John. & Bow Wow Wow.

8 Likes

Phish, Fine young Cannibals, & Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

8 Likes

Eminem, Holiday Road (National Lampoons Vacation), Cat named Devo (Akron born).

7 Likes

Meatloaf (Bat Out Of Hell), Tone Loc, & a play on Ballroom Blitz (By *Sweet).

7 Likes

Santana-Black Magic Woman.

6 Likes