Music You Listen to While Reading Comics?

Heavy

4 Likes

Yes, absolutely. Music moves you over the panels like a conductor. Lately Iā€™ve been listening to Bill Evans recordings from the Village Vanguard. I also like opera when taking in comics.

5 Likes

All of the time! I think a bit of music really adds to the experience. :notes:

4 Likes

Yup. Classical or TV/movie scores. The Suicide Squad score is a favorite. Also Watchmen, Salt, the Zimmer Batmans, Skyfall or any season of Daredevil.

3 Likes

When I feel like listening to music while I read, I put on a local classical music station

4 Likes

Theyā€™re a little known group- but if I plan to spend several hours reading Iā€™ll list to Dissolve by Ivoey Library. For some reason that album is great to have on while reading

2 Likes

Definitely! Iā€™m not great focusing and listening to other audio, so itā€™s usually something instrumental, but I like jamming while reading. :metal:

2 Likes

Absolutely!!! I prefer to listen to instrumental music, mostlyā€¦ But I get down to Pink Floyd, Phish, the Grateful Dead, Ozric Tentacles, Daft Punkā€¦ you name it! For me, it is all about stimulating the mind, in multiple ways at once, as much and as often as you can. :+1::+1::+1: :notes: :musical_note: :notes:

2 Likes

I also have a Film Noir playlist I listen to when playing Clue online.

I need to find a good comic series for it.

Maybe Gotham Noir, Batman: Year One and Long Halloween.

4 Likes

Oh, and The Cure and Siouxsie & the Banshees with just about anything by Gaiman or Morrison from the '90s.

2 Likes

Not usually, no. Although I did once try listening to the Wonder Woman movie theme on loop while reading The Ultimate Guide to the Amazon Warrior. It felt pretty cool.

3 Likes

Iā€™m generally watching something while reading, and read during commercials, but when itā€™s something I want to focus on, Iā€™m usually listening to classical music. Lyrics loose my focus.

2 Likes

Bought myself some noise cancelling headphones to listen to ambient music for reading. Especially like forest noises for Swamp Thing lately. Itā€™s an awesome experience!

4 Likes

I used to listen to Robin Hood Prince of Thieves by Michael Kamen and/or Clannadā€™s legend when reading Green Arrow.

4 Likes

Perfect GA music! Especially Kamenā€™s Robin Hood. Thatā€™s a great score.

2 Likes

I listen to a lot of '60s and '70s music just in general, so thatā€™s what I tend to end up playing while Iā€™m reading even if it doesnā€™t fit. That said, I just made a discoveryā€¦

Batman: Heart of Hush + ā€œHushā€ by Deep Purple on loop = Good Reading.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing better than listening to Danny Elfmans scores while reading Batman

3 Likes

I use Amazon Music and I spent a few hours searching for every DC motion picture and TV series soundtrack I could think of, compiling them into a playlist simply titled DCU. Whenever I am going to read a DC comic, I tell my Alexa to shuffle my DCU playlist. It sets a mood for tights and butt kicking.

Because I love Batman comics, I find myself sometimes listening to The Dark Knight and Joker soundtracks on their own. But usually I default to the playlist.

3 Likes

@JQuinzelle Thats awesome! I use Spotify and my playlist is called DC Comics. First on the playlist is the score from the Joker film. I also have the Dark Knight trilogy, Inception, Interstellar, and The Flash.

I am so used to it that if I begin reading a comic without music its almost like my brain cant process it. I am glad to see that so many other humans read comics to their favorite music!

2 Likes

Not me, i have to have silence! With my young kids in the house, i value every second of silence. I go to my mancave, pour a glass of whiskey and open a omnibus and Iā€™m in heaven. But it has to be in silence, i like reading at a whisper when Iā€™m by myself, it helps with the story. So no music for me.

2 Likes