Music You Listen to While Reading Comics?

I’m not totally against soundtracks… I’m just looking for some variety =)

@dcgoddessofmayhem that sounds like an awesome playlist! Lots of varying styles. I’ll check it out.

2 Likes

Honestly, I listen to classical music while reading, simply becaus3 it helps me relax. The other day I read Shazam to Pachabel’s Canon.

5 Likes

Alright, rock on for another fan that reads to classical music. Cool beans.

3 Likes

@esoteric yeah, it’s a collaboration of my fans and myself. I love it lol. I have a fb page with like 130,000+ followers so its eccentric to say the least

Facebook.com/dcgoddessofmayhem

1 Like

I made an exception to my soundtrack rule to listen to the recent Wonder Woman soundtrack while reading Wolfman and Perez’s History of the DC Universe here on the app on my TV…

Epic.

2 Likes

I’m a House and Techno head when it comes to music while reading. Sometimes I try and pick something that goes with the tone of the book.

4 Likes

There’s a swamp thing soundtrack from the movie on youtube and It felt good with Len weins the dead don’t sleep which isn’t on DCU but it should fit with Moore’s too.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing the N64 Zelda games so lately I’ve listened to Zelda soundtracks and remixes. I have a harder time fully focusing on reading if the music I’m listening to has singing. So I usually stick to soundtracks or classical music. Though I do bust out some Golden Oldies on occasion.

2 Likes

Does the Yule log count?

3 Likes

I definitely recommend trying video game tracks or remixes (especially old school Nintendo). Music from video games is designed to get you pumped up and keep your momentum going so it really helps you chew through comics.

2 Likes

That’s so cool @thatguy844.2650! I have to check that out. Is it filled with Creedence? It’s been a minute since I’ve seen Craven’s Swamp Thing.

1 Like

Swamp Thing soundtrack? I need to find that.

I have used the Final Fantasy VI soundtrack on occasion. So I guess my soundtrack rule isn’t so much a “rule” as a preference lol

I have been reading comics non-stop since the launch of the New 52 back in 2011. I thought it was a great jumping point for me to read comic books once again.

At some point along the way I began reading comics while listening to Film OST’s. Although I can’t remember exactly which number book I was reading, I do remember my first experience doing this with Batman (Snyder/Capullo) and listening to the Batman Begins OST by Hans Zimmer.

I still remember how amazing it felt. It was one hell of a comic book reading experience. One I still practice today.

I usually stick to the Man of Steel OST to read anything Superman and The Flash TV Show soundtrack by Blake Neely to read Flash books. I might even switch it up and listen to other OST’s like the Inception OST and the Arkham Games soundtracks.

Do you listen to any particular music while reading your favorite books? If so, what do you listen to and which books do you read?

9 Likes

Yes I do! Almost always when reading comics now.

I think the cinematic music elevates everything to a whole other level. The fight scenes, the small moments, the big epic moments.

And its bizarre how often the music seems to go along with what Im reading even though I listen on shuffle.

3 Likes

I listen to Comic Book Movie Scores in general, I usually find a playlist on Spotify or I make my own.

Hans Zimmer and Alan Silvestri seem to have a lot of songs that start off small and build up which I think matches up/aligns with reading comics.

3 Likes

When I read stuff from the '80s, I may listen to some freestyle dance music like Expose or Company B.
Or other music I listened to back then, like Lisa Lisa or Jody Watley.

Back when I read physical comics in the '90s, I would listen to Glenn Miller when reading Sandman Mystery Theatre and Enigma, Enya and Deep Forest when reading the more metaphysical/existential Vertigo books.

3 Likes

I do at times. Everytime when I read Batman. Esp the 80s stuff, I make the danny elfman music sound lol no joke.

3 Likes

No I put on what ever comic I’m reading, (usually Batman) and listen to it while I’m reading.

2 Likes

I do at times. Classical music or DC movie scores are what I generally listen to when I do want music with my reading, but if I’m in the mood for pop music, I’ll listen to that too.

3 Likes

ponders what listening to heavy metal while reading Heavy Metal would be like

5 Likes