Music You Listen to While Reading Comics?

What music do you listen to while reading DC Comics?

Do you have different songs you listen to while reading Batman compared to Superman or another character?

1 Like

Piano is great and I listen to lo fi if you are wondering what lo fi is go to youtube and search it

1 Like

I donā€™t listen to music while reading that makes about as much sense as reading while talking to your wife or watching a movie

I think DC universe online should ad background music to the read comics function.

2 Likes

Why would you listen to music while you read?

been listening to the new Lucero while reading Batman; also Mastodon.

1 Like

Basically any of the modern DCEU soundtracks work for the Rebirth stuff but Iā€™m not really interested in using a soundtrack to soundtrack my reading =)

MCR: Danger Days - Batman: No Manā€™s Land

The Glitch Mob: Drink the Sea - New Gods

Anamanaguchi: Endless Fantasy - Batman Beyond

Anyone else have some good pairings of music and comic books?

4 Likes

I listen to classical music most of the time when I read comics, with some other stuff thrown in for good measure. Ride of the Valkyries pairs well with large scale action sequences.

Powerman 5000 pairs well when Red Hood is crackinā€™ skulls too.

5 Likes

Powerman 5000 + Red Hood

Thatā€™s going to have to happen now. Awesome pair @Vroom!

I actually had the unfortunate circumstance of reading basically the entirety of AvX while listening to Asking Alexandria, years ago. My managerā€™s son had the album on a loop. Now, I canā€™t read that comic without hearing AA in my head or hear any song from that album without having AvX flashbacks lol

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

PM5Kā€™S ā€œWhen Worlds Collideā€ would probably go well with RHaTO #25 and the scuffle between RH and Batman. Havenā€™t tried it yet but it sounds good in theory.

3 Likes

Dark knights metal currently has a soundtrack and itā€™s freakin heavyšŸ¤˜

2 Likes

I read in silence, u guys are talented if u can concentrate on comic while listening to tunes. Iā€™m envious of u all.

2 Likes

Sometimes I listen to the Man of Steel and Wonder Woman soundtracks while I read comics.

3 Likes

I listen to all Han Zimmer dark Knight trilogy music. And man of Steel music

3 Likes

I enjoy reading older issues and will generally queue up music from the year the title came out. It puts me in the shoes of what someone experiencing the comic at the time it came out would have been experiencing and relates the cultural zeitgeist of the works.

3 Likes

Actually as a musician I prefer to have silence when I read, isnā€™t that curious?

4 Likes

The soundtrack idea is interesting. My son , in his 30s, is a big fan of soundtracks along with whatever modern music. Heā€™s a huge movie buff, I assume thatā€™s where the soundtrack love comes from.

3 Likes

I know you said no soundtracks but two of the best movie scores of all time are on my comic book Playlist - Danny Elfmans ā€œBatman Returnsā€ and of course John Williamsā€™ ā€œSupermanā€

3 Likes

I listen to my Harley playlist I had my fans put together on my page on Facebook. I have like 133,000+ fans and they have all given songs to me to add to it on Spotify when I read Harley stuff. My personal playlist for everything is a mix of Slipknot(Iā€™m from Des Moines, IA :heart: ), Butcher Babies, Modest Mouse, Placebo, Dashboard Confessional and Hole. I canā€™t read and not listen to loud headphones. Iā€™ve been like that since I was a kid!

2 Likes

https://open.spotify.com/user/redtee1986/playlist/1rotaRF6q1JRAh7VLBK92s?si=FC6aHqXTTw2WezETHEDAww

For anyone interested this is my Harley fan-inspired playlist

2 Likes