šŸŽ¶Mixtape Monday: Wonder Woman 84šŸŽ¶

Hello everybody, while @MissInkBlot is busy getting things ready for DC Universe Infinite, Iā€™m going to do another week of Mondy Mixtape, in 25 days from now (As of this writing) Wonder Woman '84 will finally be in Theater and on HBO Max! To celebrate itā€™s release, please do share what music would be great for this film or the 80s era! :wonderwoman::grinning:
Hereā€™s a link to last week Mixtape Mondayā€¦

And again thankyou to everyone that post last week music.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a couple of songs I pick.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Waiting for the wave of ā€œBlue Mondayā€ picksā€¦

Iā€™m a fan of movie/video game scores, and Iā€™m really excited to hear some new Hans Zimmer!

6 Likes

Going to go with Depeche Mode and a song about two people who hasnā€™t see eachother in a long time but with feelings remaining. Donā€™t know much about WW84 but I think thatā€™s where itā€™s going.

Depeche Mode - See You (1982)

5 Likes

Wow, having flashbacks with all the songs from this timeframe. I tried not to go beyond 1984 but the first one is borderline. No not Madonnaā€¦

Huey Lewis- Back in Time
Since weā€™re doing a flashback I thought this would be an appropriate song to start off with. Itā€™s borderline because it was written in ā€˜84 but not released until 1985.

Prince- Letā€™s Go Crazy
Itā€™s the Eighties, gotta have some Prince

Motley Crue- Looks That Kill
The Tubes-Sheā€™s A Beautyā€™s
Cyndi Lauper- Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Sheila E.- The Glamorous Life
These would be for Gal Gadot, kinda self explanatory

Laura Brannigan- Self Control
Naked Eyes-Always Something There To Remind Me
Heart- How Can I Refuse
A-Ha- Take On Me
I think these songs could be geared towards the love story between, Diana and Steve Trevor, just sayinā€¦

Jefferson Starship- Layin It On The Line
Tears For Fears- Mad World
Rockwell- Somebodyā€™s Watching Me
Bananarama- Cruel Summer
Peter Schilling- Major Tom
Shannon- Let The Music Play
Dio- Stand Up and Shout
Oingo Boingo- Wake Up (Itā€™s 1984)
It wouldnā€™t be an 80ā€™s movie without an Oingo Boingo song, would it

Well thank you, it was fun strolling down memory lane. I do apologize for getting carried away again, couldnā€™t help it. Too many memories from back then. Have a good week.

EDIT: Adding one more that I thought of after
Aldo Nova- Fantasyā€¦ Thank You

6 Likes

Ooh, @Scroogefan78 Iā€™ma have to think about this one! :heart: :wonderwoman: Iā€™ll be back!

4 Likes

:dancer:

89 but whatever.

Welcome to the Wonder Dome

5 Likes

LOL! Wow thatā€™s alot of great songs!:grinning:

3 Likes

Hello everybody, I wanted to say Thankyou toā€¦
@LDFM
@Pow-Pow
@ejdias.95910
@Razzzcat
@Aquamon
For all your music pick and comments, Iā€™m sure youā€™re all as excited as I am to finally see Wonder Woman '84 on Christmas. Hopefully @MissInkBlot will be back for mixtape music week, if not, Iā€™ll try to think of something. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thanks for holding down the fort @Scroogefan78.

3 Likes

Hey @Scroogefan78! Everyone! Great picks, as always. @ejdias.95910 :metal: @Aquamon , thank you for adding Its My Life!
I have a couple tunes to add real quick! :no_good_woman:t2::purple_heart:

Lucky Star- Madonna

Everything Counts- Depeche Mode

Dont know about anyone else, but a tiny scream came out of me when I saw :point_down: THIS for the first time.

So Iā€™m throwing this one in :muscle: :dancer:t2: Came out in 1984, has a great opening/solo and apt titleā€¦ :eyes: just ignore the actual subject of the song! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Unless we just wanna give this one to Max. #necksnap

Also, RF!! Injustice: Year Zero 1 arrives this week?? Maybe? :thinking:

6 Likes

Right on @Razzzcat, I saw you were working on something and was waiting anxiously. You never disappoint.

3 Likes

Why thank ya! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Thankyou for the idea, if MissInkBolt doesnā€™t do Monday Mixtape tomorrow, Iā€™ll happily take your idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

All of my picks have been said already soā€¦ Killer Queen??? You can never have too much Queen, never. But seriously, these are all great :+1:

4 Likes

Amen Mrs. Todd, Amen. Theyā€™ve been a favorite of mine since I was just a skinny lad.

3 Likes

Did you know good from bad? I guess as long as you knew life before you left the nursery, itā€™s all good :+1:

2 Likes