🎶 Mixtape Monday: Rebirth 🎶

This Week’s Theme: REBIRTH!

If you’re new to Rebirth (2016), be sure to check out these excellent reading orders created by @Nathan.Payson!

Welcome back to the long-awaited return of #mixtape-monday! :partying_face: We’ve really missed being able to share your great music selections, and we are honored to be able to carry on @MissInkBlot’s legacy. To celebrate the return of Mixtape Mondays, our theme this week is REBIRTH!

You might want to focus on the DC Rebirth specifically, or perhaps songs that fill you with positivity and hope for a brighter future. Whatever it is that evokes the REBIRTH of a new era, help us celebrate the return of Mixtape Monday by sharing your song choices with us in the comments below*!

Here’s a tune to kick us off:

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob, a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

*While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

16 Likes

:smiley::radio::notes: Alright! Can’t wait to add songs, be back soon!

7 Likes

ITS BACK! now i have to think of music cause my mind is drawing a blank

8 Likes

:grinning: Ok, here’s my 3 pick…

15 Likes

Nice picks…I’m happy this is back

9 Likes
11 Likes

Y’all aren’t ready for this…

I used to listen to this on my way to MS and HS back in the day :cry: was a new age for me and took me to an island in the sun, where I needed to be!

13 Likes
13 Likes

Rebirth brought me back to DC after decades. It was a return to what I love about comics for the time it lasted. It was a return to innocence and not having to rely on shock value to tell a good story.

Enigma - Return To Innocence (Official Video) - YouTube

It also gave energy. It was a revolution that brought readers back and turned DC upside down to the right side again, telling stories that brought positive fuel to the reader.

Red Rose - YouTube

Now that it’s gone and there has been nothing shock value for years all I can say is:

I Want You Back - The Jackson 5 - YouTube

13 Likes

First of all!! :notes: :headphones::purple_heart:
(For MTM being back :dancer:t2:and THIS :eyes:)

Great picks so far, everyone! And my picks for Rebirth:
Lazerray- TV on the Radio

Sundara- Odesza

14 Likes

I gotta start off with this one,

because I’m HAPPY Mixtape Monday’s are back. Next,

I’d like to see everyone from the old Mixtape Monday’s come back and share their music. I fear some may be lost. Finally,

WARNING-EXPLICIT LYRICS

WARNING-EXPLICIT LYRICS What better way to say we’re back than by yelling it.

Take care everyone and have a good week.

13 Likes

Sneaky @Razzzcat, how long have you been keeping this lil secret. :smirk:

10 Likes
13 Likes

kekekeke :purple_heart: :hugs:
[edit] For the record: It’s actually all @Applejack and @Green.Lantern being magical.

11 Likes

By the way @Razzzcat, I wanted to message you, but this is a good place to say it, I’ve notice it was you who started the music group, great idea and I also like the name title, it’s a great tribute to @MissInkBlot! :grinning::radio::notes:

10 Likes

Hey, RF!! :wave: Its like she’s always here now! :purple_heart: Thank YOU for carrying the torch and doing all those MTM activities for all of us back in the Winter. :muscle: You’re awesome—Fact!

[Edit] One more!

No Home- The Ettes

11 Likes

Thankyou, I really appreciate that.:slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

:pray:

10 Likes

A couple selection from the Foo Fighters:

Walk (even though the video is very Falling Down :slight_smile: )

Times Like These

11 Likes
11 Likes