🎶 Mixtape Monday: Rebirth 🎶

Well hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, Rebirth. :star_struck:

I’ve been having a lot of fun reading through all the titles recently. :books: :clark_hv_4:

So now some tunes… :musical_note: :thinking: :musical_note:

Ah, this tune came to mind with all the heroes having new adventures. :grin:

In the same way this tune reminded me of how the mysteries that Rebirth offered came to life. I also thought about putting Evanescence as well @Reaganfan78 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :open_mouth:

A lot of different challenges in Rebirth had to have our heroes “Rise up.” :grin:

And… This one came to mind for Wally. :flash_hv_1:

11 Likes

LOL! I was watching Daredevil last night, and I’ve always like the song with Elektra training, I thought that song would be perfect for Rebirth. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

I’m so glad these are back!!!

“Rebirthing”, by Skillet

“New Fire”, by Sent By Ravens

10 Likes

Immortals by Fall Out Boy

8 Likes

Yippee Ki-Yay, Mixtape Monday is back!!! In honor of the theme of rebirth, here’s a Monkees song that I believe fits perfectly. It’s also catchy as all get out:

Tomorrow’s Gonna Be Another Day (Original Stereo Version) (2006 Remaster) - YouTube

9 Likes

Welcome back Mixtape Monday!

Who wants to grow up? From what I hear, that is when your heart dies. It is a good thing that MTM has been reborn so we never have to grow up!

Who knew that the Flaming Lips were preparing for 2020, years ago when they introduced those bubbles on stage? Also, this seems to flow thematically with that Gunship song.

I don’t want to end my entry on somewhat of a dour note so here is an upbeat tune from Jungle that is sure to get them there toes a-tappin’ and keeping with the theme of rebirth and more importantly the return of MTM!

9 Likes

An entry from the Floyd. Coming Back to Life:

9 Likes

But it’s Tuesday!

8 Likes

I got to see Weezer (and the Pixies) live a few years back. Weezer was one of my favorite bands in high school and college (and still is, actually), and I am so happy I got to see them. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Back in 2011 my gurrrl received a new lease on life. She retook the mantle that was rightfully hers all along and made a new stance.

wpid-article-1308054360381-0c8e918500000578-229856_466x322

And now my Mama is free from wicked ties that bound her and is free to live by her own rules, an actuality that I am so happy to see come to fruition. Yay! :cry: :smiley: This one’s for you Mom! :purple_heart: :heart: :purple_heart:

9 Likes

How were the Pixies live? They are on my bucket list of bands to see.

6 Likes

I liked them a lot. I’d only heard a few songs of theirs before (which I liked), but I liked them a lot more after seeing them. It was funny seeing some people’s reactions, who’d brought their younger kids and were clearly just there for Weezer. :laughing:

7 Likes

I have been to many concerts where the entire audience changes from band to band. I was at a Coheed and Cambria/Slipknot concert and a good percentage of the people left, including many of my friends, before Slipknot ever took the stage.

I should also note that all the people that left were replaced by a new group of people.

6 Likes

Really? That just seems like it would have been so awesome to see. To only watch one and leave or to have missed the other. Especially with what tickets cost these days.

7 Likes

I ended up staying and I must say I was not impressed by Slipknot. Queens of the Stone Age is the only band I have left after the first song. This was around 2000-2001. I was there to see V.A.S.T. and they were amazing. Then Queens came up and that first song was horrible from performance to sound.

6 Likes

The most severe version of this I’ve ever witnessed is when Nine Inch Nails toured with David Bowie.

Fairly big swap when Vanilla Ice opened for Clutch, too, but he was just so grateful that people came out to see him, it was kind of adorable.

7 Likes

I saw Bob Dylan a few years back, and the opening act was Dawes, who I actually liked. I just remember several people in the row in front of me who were there just for Dawes and left after the 15-20 minute set was over. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

The first time I saw Bob Dylan was in 2001 at Charlotte’s Center City Fest. The bands on that stage leading up to Dylan were okay at best. We sat through many of those bands to maintain our front row seats. Let’s just say Good Charlotte was not good in Charlotte. Sun Volt was okay though.

6 Likes

People actually got up and left before Dylan came on? Those Philistines!

7 Likes

When did you see Slipknot? I saw them in 2012 and they were pretty crazy.

7 Likes