šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Meta Madhouse Music - The Joker Maniacs! šŸŽ¶

HaHa. Just read the other one, Definitely saving black pants. We need her to win, or Lazarus cuz of animated series. Maybe theyā€™ll throw her a bone is what I was thinking. Lot of people like her more now. However, same goes for Ivy & Kiteman which scares me.

@DeSade-acolyte - Oh no! Iā€™m sorry, I didnā€™t see your post yesterday (I had it set up in ā€œcomments by posterā€ mode). :frowning: I absolutely love your choices, though! And especially like the fact that you focused on an aspect of Meta Madhouse, as opposed to the characters, which I hadnā€™t considered doing. I think doing so adds an interesting perspective and establishes something of a foundational aspect to this weekā€™s theme, since this threadā€™s an intro into this month of excitement, and a springboard for the others to come!

As for ā€œWatch That Man,ā€ that, with your first song are the types that make me happy to have the chance to hear the communityā€™s suggestions each week - theyā€™re a true pleasure for the ears! And then youā€™re kind enough to add facts to boot - tou guys spoil me. :heart_eyes: Thank you for sharing these gems with us!

@LDFM - Ah, that works for me, then - it can apply to both on the list. I imagine the team would approve. :wink:

@Razzzcat - Youā€™re right on my guess. :stuck_out_tongue: But even more correct on choices of song for him - ā€œDead Soulsā€ not only has the perfect title, but the atmosphere to match (it immediately brings to mind the Rocky Horror Picture Show, interestingly enough)! ā€œ50 Ft Queenieā€ leaves me having such a hard time choosing between HQ and Psycho, personally, so Iā€™m glad you were able to choose. Itā€™s such a good song!

@capo-mage - Aww, okay, I got rid of the second one, though if you ever end up wanting to go ahead and use the full title, feel free to. We check behind the flag system, so weā€™ll clear it for you. :smiley: Thank you for the new addition, too - Iā€™m adding it to the list! :slight_smile:

@anon52107441 - Why thank you! :wink: Iā€™m working on separating each into their respective groups, sooo this weekā€™s MTM will be up soon! :slight_smile:

Alsoā€¦

:joy:
ā€œ:heart_eyes: You get a heart, and you get a heart, and you too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:ā€

5 Likes

There is an LG anthology which has a number of songs she did in German (including you donā€™t own me)
LG and Lulu are two underrated female artists in rock/pop history.

2 Likes

I keep forgetting about that word. Ok sounds good. I just did another in case it wasnā€™t allowed. Thank u tho.

2 Likes

Yeah I didnā€™t realize how many of her songs I knew. I didnā€™t know they were hers. Thatā€™s very rare for me. I know a lot about who sings what. The start of that song is so haunting yet beautiful.

2 Likes

I did notice somebody mentioned Mansonā€™s cover of ā€œtainted loveā€.
Anybody know who first did that song?

3 Likes

Ed Cobb

2 Likes

@MissInkBlot Iā€™ll save you the trouble. I just sorted it by character for you:

Smile-Nat King Cole: Maniacs
Smile like you mean it- the Killers: Maniacs

Help- Papa Roach: Clayface
Blurry- Puddle of Mudd: Clayface
Face to the Floor- Chevelle: Clayface

Click Click Boom(e) - Saliva: Psycho
Trapt- Headstrong: Psycho
Psycho-Puddle of Mudd: Psycho

Chop Suey!- SOAD: Zsasz
Last Resort(e) - Papa Roach: Zsasz

Disarm- Smashing Pumpkins: Killer Frost
Had a Bad Day- Daniel Powter: Frost

Bound for the Floor- Local H: Nobody
lose Yourself (e)- Eminem: Nobody
Sweet Dreams - Manson: Nobody

Unforgiven 1-3 Metallica: Freeze
Behind Blue Eyes-Legion: Freeze
Awolnation- Sail: Freeze
Monster- Starset: Freeze
Breaking Benjamin- Far Away: Freeze

The Hunted- Saint Asonia: Condiment King

Crazy Train- Ozzy; Kite Man
Cheers theme: Kite Man
Bully - 3DG: Kite Man

Remedy- Seether: Scarecrow
Bottom of a Bottle- Smile Empty Soul: Scarecrow
Happy(e)- Mudvayne: Scarecrow

The animals- House of the rising sun: Strange
Moonlight Sonata- Beethoven: Strange
Glenn Miller- In the Mood: Strange

Chalk Outline- 3DG: Harley Quinn
Face Down- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: Harley Quinn
Seether- Breakdown: HQ
Paramore- Misery Business: Harley Quinn

Jekyll and Hyde(e)- FFDP: Two-face
Fuel - Hemorrhage in My head: Two-Face
Saving Abel - Out of my Face: Two-Face

Dance with the Devil- Breaking Benjamin: Anton
Zombies- Cranberries: Anton Arcane
Lifehouse- Sick Cycle Carousel: Anton Arcane

Pumped Up Kicks- Foster the people: Reverse Flash
Kids arenā€™t alright- Offspring: Reverse Flash
Jim Croce- Time in a Bottle: Reverse Flash
Crossfade- the Deep End: Reverse Flash

Seether- Nobody Praying for me(e): Ivy
Thrice- Black Honey: Ivy

Rise Against- Savior: Sapphire
Iris- Goo Goo Dolls: Sapphire

2 Likes

Nope.

2 Likes

@anon52107441 - Nice! Thank you! If your playlists end up being just as long for the rest of Meta Madhouse, sorting it like that would be fantastic, so others could more easily check out the songs you have in mind, too. :slight_smile:

@DeSade-acolyte - the google says Gloria Jones if not Cobb? I donā€™t know the actual answer outside of that option, but Iā€™m curious about it, too. Time to go listen to that gem again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, adding that this weekā€™s thread has been posted - looking forward to hearing your picks, everyone! šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Meta Madhouse Music - Darkseid Invaders šŸŽ¶

1 Like

Sorry. Composed by Ed Cobb, sang by Gloria Jones

2 Likes

Gloria Jones is correct!! Cobb wrote but never recorded it.

If you get a chance listen to the Gloria Jones version then the Soft Cell version. You really get a chance to hear the brilliance of Marc Almond in digging into the dark elements of the song and realize why that version connects with so many people.

4 Likes

Soft Cell. For me haha.

5 Likes

@DeSade-acolyte - Iā€™m grateful for the suggestion! :hushed: Things like that are why Iā€™m so crazy for song covers. The difference between versions can be such a beautiful adjustment of tone and atmosphere that it shifts you to some rather unexpected places emotionally (this discussion reminds me of a video I recently watched on Jimi Hendrix, and their covering his rendition of ā€œAll Along the Watchtower.ā€ Itā€™s crazy how much can change from person to person :slight_smile:). Both are easily enjoyed in their own way, but I definitely see what you mean with the Soft Cell version. Itā€™s absolutely lovely!

3 Likes

I like both versions. Thereā€™s something about sad, pensive songs w/ a cheerful cadence I kinda enjoy, but yes: Soft Cell nails the theme. Canā€™t hold a good song down.

5 Likes

Now that we are down to who is representing both their brackets but their leaders as well. I keep hearing ā€œWhen two tribes go to warā€ by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

1 Like

Ooh, thatā€™s a good one! Iā€™d not heard it before, so Iā€™m getting quite the kick out of it, and the video (wow, they are really going at it in that ringā€¦ I even spied some ear biting in it, lol :hushed:). Thank you for that, @DeSade-acolyte! Iā€™ll add it to the list! :partying_face:

1 Like