đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Meta Madhouse Music - The Joker Maniacs! đŸŽ¶

Is that what came up? Should be Siouxsie & The Banshees-Spellbound :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Love Siouxsie & Wendy O Williams . Great Front Lady’s. Blondie & plenty others too.

4 Likes

Points!! For Wendy O. :dancer:t2::facepunch:t3: And Blondie ofcourse.

5 Likes

Grace Slick & Akron’s own Chrissie Hynde.

3 Likes

For Harley:
Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
Not vulgar. Check it out, you’ll see.

3 Likes

Here’s my pick for Reverse Flash, ‘Going back in time’ :slightly_smiling_face:

For Killer Frost, the famous ‘Let it go’ I think that fits her perfectly.

And finally for Doctor Hugo Strange, ‘Stranger Things’ from Toy Story!
4 Likes

Drumroll

@MissInkBlot is about to post.
Prepare to be loved!!!

1 Like

@Pow-Pow - Delightful range of songs! And a great idea to do your reveals via spoiler blur. We’ll have to do that instead when starting tomorrow’s new thread. :slight_smile: “Shadow of the Beast” and “Goodnight Moon” do a really good job setting up an otherworldly tone that really leaves you feeling like your feet aren’t on the ground
 and each for their own different reason, too, so it’s interesting to see how each one sets that up differently.

“Psycho Killer” has been stuck in my head for the past few days (ahem, here’s looking at you, “Hunters” trailer >,< lol), so that just started up again for the rest of the day
 :stuck_out_tongue: But it makes for an interesting palate cleanser separating the love-based songs mentioned last, so it all makes for a fantastic combo! Love your choices this week - they each show how much time you spent considering ones well-suited for your choices!

@AnonymousHQ - No problems there, it’s good to know the song has another vote! It certainly deserves it. :slight_smile:

@Aylex - That one’s so superb, I want to apply it to the entire team. I say want to, because honestly, just because they’re maniacs doesn’t have to mean they’re crazy, does it? (But as I was told in a previous thread, if one has to ask, then one probably already knows the answer
 :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue:). That song’ll always be a fav of mine, regardless of what it might mean for my sanity, though, so I thank you for sharing it! :slight_smile:

@Razzzcat - Ooh, that’s a really good one. Another lovely choice I’d not heard before, and yet feel like I already have (I’m not the only one who gets wonderful “Crazy On You” vibes from it, am I?). I was curious who it applied to until I saw your newest post, and found I was completely off with my guess. :stuck_out_tongue: Similarly, “Listen Up!” being for Ivy’s intriguing, and I wouldn’t have come to that conclusion there, either. But, I like how high tempo your songs are - did you choose them from the perspective of their being upbeat, or were their lyrics the reason why?

@LDFM - You know, despite that song’s opening focusing on being psychotic and the character that’d obviously stand out as applying to, the first thing that came to mind for a character was The Joker because of the card pictured. Then, after hearing it, I still thought it could, which made me laugh. Was I right in the first guess? This one feels like another good one for the group on a whole, almost like their own twisted version of a pep rally anthem, so it’s a fantastic choice, no matter which one you’ve chosen. The title of it is my favorite part, too
 it makes you click play expecting something 100% different than what you get. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Reaganfan78 - Wow! Talk about a great rundown of explanations - thank you for adding those for us! :smiley: Please, though, no need to apologize! Each week’s devoted to your favorite characters, be it just the ones you like, or the ones you feel will win for the week, so if you end up focusing on one per week, that’s fine! There’s no requirement to find songs for all of them, either, so no pressure. :slight_smile:

That aside, who knew Mary Poppins and Toy Story could come in handy so often this week? :wink: With Mary, the fact that she’s such a good option despite this being a group of people called maniacs makes me giggle, but adding something as happy go lucky as Toy Story makes it even better! But I’ve grown to really like Kite Man, so I like the choice, and agree with you. Psycho’s a perfect choice, as is the James Bond music, actually (yes! I hadn’t even thought about that, but I love the combo ^_^).

I was new to Clayface and Mr. Nobody, so learning more about them was a lot of fun this week, and I like the choices of Patsy Cline and Hank Williams for them. Those songs really hit their targets with emotional depth on their own, but considering those character backgrounds, too, they’re really good matches! The way you managed to fold in Back to the Future and Frozen was pretty masterful with the team we’re talking about, so I think they’d get as much kick out of the choices as I did! :heart_eyes:

@anon52107441 - No need to apologize, either, it’s okay! :wink: Ah, and welcome to the DST boat, indeed. They like to pretend the body doesn’t know it’s losing an hour
 but it knows. It always knows
 :unamused:

Oh, I have a few playlists like that, too, but being the sucker for emo music that I am, they end up being positive for me
 even when the lyrics could be considered negative (often ends up being more about the overall sound vs the lyrics). Was just listening to “Face Down” a little while ago, actually, and I agree, it’s really appropriate for Harley. I listened through your initial playlist, and some of them were expected (such as Moonlight Sonata), while others really anchored things down for me, standing out as great picks for certain characters even without your having to choose them.

“Breakdown,” for instance, made me think HQ, too, with “Dance with the Devil” making me think Anton, “Headstrong” matching with Dr. Psycho for me, etc. The songs I couldn’t match added their own special flavor to the emotional range touched on by other songs offered by members this week, too, coming at the them from points of heartbreak, positions of insanity, and the like. It’s really well done as a standalone playlist, too! :smiley:

@capo-mage - Ah, a notable point about HQ made, yes! :slight_smile: It had the gears in my head going before, for sure, and doubly so with your explanation. The add of “Clint Eastwood” for HQ is worth thinking over, too. Went and gave it another listen after watching the show yesterday, and I can see that. Your songs make me think of what I’ve seen and read about “Harleen” on here, and how it delves into her character on such an emotional level, as well. :thinking:

@CrazyQuilt - Wow, that song is another one I’m hearing for the first time, and it’s quite unexpected. It’s a little bit jarring, I think, because of how heavy the lyrics are versus how the song sounds, and it ended up hitting me in the same, “boy, do I love that
 :hushed:” way, that The Offspring’s, “Self-Esteem” and the Pixies’ “Where is my Mind?” do, which always leaves me with a little internal conflict because of the subject matter touched on by the lyrics. Do you ever get that feeling? It’s a great choice for The Joker, though, I agree! :slight_smile:

Also, to reveal my own, “Coming Undone” was for Mr. Nobody, while “Forget Me Forgotten” was for Antone Arcane. I was pretty intrigued by their match up, so I thought I’d focus on both of them. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks @MissInkBlot. I went heavy on my pick. Tried to think of songs that applied. I usually make my decisions within seconds of seeing who it’s about.

2 Likes

@MissInkBlot I actually didn’t have any specific person in mind when I posted. I guess thinking afterwards Dr Psycho stood out for obvious reasons, but like you figured, it can really fit for anybody in this bracket, so I just went with “team anthem”.

3 Likes

Ooh now I wanna know who you thought “Spellbound” was for? Anton?? It could work for him too. Tho for HIM I was thinking of a more “Dead Souls”-Joy Division vibe.

And “Clint Eastwood” would be good for HQ—So would “50ft Queenie” by PJ Harvey, (on 2nd thought maybe I’ll give this one to Psycho!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

For some reason “Spellbound” always makes me think of Harley. I don’t get Heart vibes from the song tho. Siouxsie and Ann Wilson do have a similar voice but very diff vocal phrasing.

As for “Listen Up”, It’s got swag, fury and a touch of melancholy, just like my girl Ivy. So yes both lyrics and tempo. For both.

5 Likes

You Don’t Own Me Leslie Gore for Harley Quinn. Same song playing when she’s In her cell in SS.

4 Likes

You can delete this one. I did another & used SS instead of the movies name

2 Likes

You know what, @MissInkBlot? Cause I’m nice, I’ll give you characters for my playlist.
No one can ever say I don’t give ya what you want:

Face Down- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: Harley Quinn
Bottom of a Bottle- Smile Empty Soul: Scarecrow
Help- Papa Roach: Clayface
Last Resort(e) - Papa Roach: Zsasz
Smile-Nat King Cole: Maniacs
Lifehouse- Sick Cycle Carousel: Anton Arcane
Behind Blue Eyes-Legion: Freeze
Pumped Up Kicks- Foster the people: Reverse Flash
Had a Bad Day- Daniel Powter: Frost
Jekyll and Hyde(e)- FFDP: Two-face
Bully - 3DG: Kite Man
Face to the Floor- Chevelle: Clayface
Click Click Boom(e) - Saliva: Psycho
Happy(e)- Mudvayne: Scarecrow
Chop Suey!- SOAD: Zsasz
Disarm- Smashing Pumpkins: Killer Frost
Bound for the Floor- Local H: Nobody
Unforgiven 1-3 Metallica: Freeze
Jim Croce- Time in a Bottle: Reverse Flash
Moonlight Sonata- Beethoven: Strange
Awolnation- Sail: Freeze
Smile like you mean it- the Killers: Maniacs
Monster- Starset: Freeze
Dance with the Devil- Breaking Benjamin: Anton
The Hunted- Saint Asonia: Condiment King
Chalk Outline- 3DG: Harley Quinn
Crazy Train- Ozzy; Kite Man
lose Yourself (e)- Eminem: Nobody
Sweet Dreams - Manson: Nobody
Cheers theme: Kite Man
Kids aren’t alright- Offspring: Reverse Flash
Seether- Breakdown: HQ
The animals- House of the rising sun: Strange
Thrice- Black Honey: Ivy
Glenn Miller- In the Mood: Strange
Breaking Benjamin- Far Away: Freeze
Trapt- Headstrong: Psycho
Iris- Goo Goo Dolls: Sapphire
Remedy- Seether: Scarecrow
Zombies- Cranberries: Anton Arcane
Paramore- Misery Business: Harley Quinn
Blurry- Puddle of Mudd: Clayface
Fuel - Hemorrhage in My head: Two-Face
Saving Abel - Out of my Face: Two-Face
Crossfade- the Deep End: Reverse Flash
Seether- Nobody Praying for me(e): Ivy
Rise Against- Savior: Sapphire

2 Likes

Is the Smokey Robinson & The Miracles version or the English Beat version?

2 Likes

Smokey version doubled up on em’.

1 Like

Harley is saving her “tight black pants” for the round of 16. :sunglasses:

1 Like

LG is an OG and appeared in Batman 66 along side Julie Newmar Catwoman, as the character of Kitten the hench girl.

1 Like

Nice. Idk that. One of my favorite songs ever. I listen to it every week. Talking Heads & Leslie Gore every week.

1 Like

Star Sapphire song “Love is all that matters” by The Human League, album: Crash.

1 Like