đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Meta Madhouse Music - The Joker Maniacs! đŸŽ¶

Happy Meta Madhouse Mixtape Monday!

With so commendable a list of driving beats and toe-tapping tempos, it looks like last week’s playlist for Static Shock was exactly what we needed to prepare for a smooth transition into a month of Meta-Madness! Take a look below for the full list of his songs, all of which are still happily on repeat in our heads! :zap:

• “Radioactive,” by Imagine Dragons
  • “My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)," by Fall Out Boy
  • “Magnetic Fields Part II,” by Jean-Michel Jarre
  • “Toxicity,” by System of a Down
  • “Black,” by Pearl Jam
  • Teen Titans Theme Song, by Puffy Ami Yumi
  • “Monster” by Starset
  • “Clocks,” by Coldplay
  • “Space Truckin’,” by Deep Purple
  • “We Gotta Get Outta This Place,” by The Animals
  • Static Shock Theme Song (Season 1), by Stanley Clarke
  • “My Way,” by Frank Sinatra
  • “Planetary [GO!],” by My Chemical Romance

This Week’s Theme:
Meta Madhouse Music - The Joker Maniacs

Yes, you heard right
 Meta Madhouse is back, and the stakes are high as we each do our best to guess who’ll come out of the next few weeks victorious! But what’s a brawl (or even training session, for that matter) without a good soundtrack alongside it? What are our memories of movies like Rocky and The Karate Kid without the likes of Bill Conti’s, “Gonna Fly Now,” and Joe Esposito’s, “You’re The Best Around”? :wink:

Take part in creating a playlist for Meta Madhouse posterity by coming up with a song for each team, beginning with The Joker Maniacs as this week’s theme! Find one representing the character you think will win for the week, and as an extra added twist, you can keep your character choice a secret, so the person posting after you can guess whom it’s for!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

9 Likes

Since I’m pretty excited for Meta Madhouse, I have a few this week :slight_smile:
To set the overall mood for the team, I’m going with “The Clowns,” by Bobby Tahouri

But these are for my two mystery characters of choice:
(Note: You can choose more than one, too, especially if choosing them as the final pairing, etc.)

“Coming Undone,” by Korn -

And Hollow Wood’s, “Forget Me Forgotten” -

5 Likes

Oh this is going to be fun! :joker_hv_1:HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

5 Likes

Here’s I love to laugh from Mary Poppins singing by Ed Wynn, Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dykes.:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Here’s a original music score from a silent film, Laugh Clown laugh.:slightly_smiling_face:

This is the newly music I like the best, for a silent film the music is just beautiful in my opinion, long before Joker, this movie deal with both laughing and crying problem.

3 Likes

Have to include Steve Miller Band The Joker

5 Likes

Yay! What a fun theme!! Looking forward to this month’s Mondays!
And I wonder who that Korn song is for :laughing: I can think of like 5 villains. When will you tell us? :pleading_face:

For the team I think a punk sound
Do Something - by Slaves

and for who I think will win this bracket:
Speed Demon by BRONCHO

(It’s for Reverse-Flash in case the title didn’t clue you in :yum:)
4 Likes

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles double up.
Tracks of my tears.
Tears of a Clown.

4 Likes

Gentlemen, let’s Brond our mind, Horace!

What’s Joker music without Partyman by the Prince? :joker_hv_5:

4 Likes

If you remember from The Batman where Joker meet Harley Quinn for the first time singing when they team up, here’s a original song they sang, Setting the Woods on Fire by Hank Williams.:slightly_smiling_face: Enjoy!

2 Likes

Now we’re talkin’!!! I have like 8 playlists for this:
Help and Last Resort(e) - Papa Roach
Smile-Nat King Cole
Lifehouse- Sick Cycle Carousel
Behind Blue Eyes-Legion
Pumped Up Kicks- Foster the people
Had a Bad Day- Daniel Powter
Jekyll and Hyde(e)- FFDP
Bully - 3DG
Face to the Floor- Chevelle
Click Click Boom(e) - Saliva
Happy(e)- Mudvayne
Chop Suey!- SOAD
Disarm- Smashing Pumpkins
Bound for the Floor- Local H
Unforgiven 1-3 Metallica
Jim Croce- Time in a Bottle
Moonlight Sonata- Beethoven
Awolnation- Sail
Smile like you mean it- the Killers
My demons- Starset
Dance with the Devil- Breaking Benjamin
The Hunted- Saint Asonia
Chalk Outline- 3DG
Crazy Train- Ozzy
lose Yourself (e)- Eminem
Sweet Dreams - Manson
Cheers theme
Kids aren’t alright- Offspring
Seether- Breakdown
The animals- House of the rising sun
Thrice- Black Honey
Glenn Miller- In the Mood
Breaking Benjamin- Far Away
Trapt- Headstrong
Iris- Goo Goo Dolls
Remedy- Seether
Zombies- Cranberries
Paramore- Misery Business
Blurry- Puddle of Mudd
Fuel - Hemorrhage in My head
Bottom Of a Bottle- Sick Empty Soul
Saving abel - Out of my Face
Crossfade- the Deep End
Seether- Nobody Praying for me(e)
To be continued

Note: (e) means explicit. I felt like some content isn’t unwarranted, we ARE discussing the maniacal madmen.

Sorry for the lack of explainations, but trying to figure it out was driving me, well, crazy!!!

4 Likes

Dagnabbit, you stole mine!!!

1 Like

Uh oh, that laugh sounded awfully
 maniacal
 :fearful: hehe.
But I agree on it being fun - going through to choose mine certainly was! :wink:

A welcome addition to the list, I agree. Thank you, that’s one of those songs I could never grow tired of listening to! :slight_smile:

I’ll most likely wait until Sunday, @seitan, but can tell earlier (early for me = Friday), if desired. Feel free to guess in the meantime! :wink: I’m glad you like the setup for our themes for the month! Hopefully it gives everyone a chance to plan ahead if they’d like. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, I like already! I’ll have to mull over my guesses for these! :wink:

I’m sorry! I told you
 I wasn’t kidding when I said it’s as if we’ve been sneaking peeks at each other’s personal playlists, lol. The overlap of all of the bands we’re interested in always makes for a fun week for me! :slight_smile:

I hope everyone has fun guessing (or telling us yours, if that’s your thing, which is both fine, and wonderfully charitable of you :heart_eyes:) each person’s picks throughout the week. I can’t wait to be able to respond to each of your songs!

3 Likes

Here’s my favorite music score from Batman called,’ Death by Waltz’ while Batman is fighting and The Joker dance with Vicki Vale!:grinning:

2 Likes

I swear, I think somehow our musi accounts keep getting merged!!1
TBH, I just copied my whole playlist, Smile, and put it on my post. If you want, I can narrow it down, hard as that might be.

1 Like

1 more music score soundtrack, here’s Why so Serious, Joker theme from The Dark Knight. :joker_hv_1:

3 Likes

Well - one of them nowadays omnipotent, so let’s get the winner out of the way :smile::
Shadow of the Beast - Remix of the old classic Amiga theme

Then some more for guessing, answer is in spoiler tag, did you figure them out?:

That feeling when Scarecrow’s fear toxin sets in.

No, not the guy called Psycho. The real psycho killer in the bunch is Zsasz. Better run, run, run, run, run, run, run away.

This is dedicated one asylum regular who took a long time to stop obsessing about an unhealthy Joker.

HAAAAAL JORDAN! This goes out for a more romantic obsessing character. The wonderful incarnation of Star Sapphire in Lauren Faust’s DCSHG.

3 Likes

I’m sorry @MissInkBlot, I feel I gotta add more! Here’s Jimmy Durante ‘Smile’ from the new Joker film. :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1: :joker_hv_1:

3 Likes

Did he, or Nat King Cole, come out with ‘Smile’ first?

3 Likes

That’s a good question! I’m not sure since both did a great job singing that song. Maybe Nat King Cole since his version is alot more popular.

3 Likes