🎶 Mixtape Monday: Meta Madhouse Music - The Joker Maniacs! 🎶

I prefer the king, myself.
PS: Are you joining in on the pixel profile pics? Cause there is a game with some goodies for you.

2 Likes

Oh, I got you one more:
Bottom Of a Bottle- Sick Empty Soul

I can’t post links, right now. Look it up and listen to the whole thing, you’ll get it.

2 Likes

Why’d you blur it out, @Pow-Pow?

1 Like

I think you accidentally post in a wrong thread, I’m not Coville and didn’t blur anything out. Reason I post alot of Joker emojis was just for fun to match the song.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I blurred if anyone wanted to try to guess which song I matched with which character.

4 Likes

Coville-Ok. I get your approach. I went with songs depicting insanity. You went with characters
PenguinFan-My apologies, @Penguinfan78. I was responding to Coville’s post right above yours.

3 Likes

Hello @MissInkBlot, I’m back with another song I think would fit just nicely for The Joker! :joker_hv_1: Here’s Dwight Yoakam ‘Pocket of clowns’ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes. Talking Heads. David Byrne was just on SNL as a musical guest. He did a lot of Stop Making Sense nods. John Mulaney had Byrne as a guest on his Netflix special. He must be a fan as he was the host. I also caught this pic coming back from commercial. Byrne did the let the lamp fall & catch it, during my favorite Heads song This Must Be The Place in the Stop Making Sense concert film. This is Mulaneys pic coming back from commercial. Even wearing the same suit as Byrne that eventually inflated.

3 Likes

Hey! You beat me to it! I guess I am two days late…

3 Likes

“Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley.

3 Likes

For Harley :heart::black_heart:
4 Likes
2 Likes

My apologies for the delay, all, but whoa nelly, this is quite the thread to come back to! Gonna have to take a page from the lovely Applejack’s Office Hours thread, and get to knuckle cracking before getting started on this this weekend. :wink:

@Reaganfan78 - Who knew such a combination of songs could apply to so dastardly a group of maniacs? :stuck_out_tongue: Especially Mary Poppins, to say that was unexpected would be quite the understatement! As someone who has watched more than my share of shows within similar time period (lol The Three Stooges and Laurel and Hardy are such favs!), I have to say that the silent film music’s such a nice touch, too! Add to the mix Prince, country, some notable OSTs, and, to say the least, we have quite a well-rounded view of The Joker. :smiley:

Since you shared so many from so many genres and time periods, I can’t help but ask which your favorite is, and which characters you wanted them to apply to? I got how they all applied to the Joker in many ways, but didn’t want to miss out on anything in case you had another character in mind to add to the list. Hmm, I find it difficult to choose a favorite, personally, though I’m leaning toward “Laugh, Clown, Laugh” … not only because the music’s downright gorgeous, but because of how much they reminded me of Rorschach’s joke. :wink:

@msgtv - I listened to that again today, and I’m as smitten with it as I was when I last responded. :heart: The laid back feeling it gives is wonderful on its own, but when applied to this team, it definitely gives an entirely different perspective. For me, when going through each group, I’m always left wondering what interactions between all of the members would be like - if it’d be more jovial than expected, or even more discordant, perhaps. This song has me leaning toward jovial, which I like. :slight_smile:

@seitan - Wow, “Do Something” is fantastic! The lead singer brings Shaun Ryder to mind (particularly his feature on Gorillaz’s “Dare”). Those pups are such a departure from the sound of the song itself, though… it pulls you in with cute puppies, and makes you stay with driving guitar riffs! :wink: As for “Speed Demon,” very well chosen! When I listen to it, I hear, the song from Scott Pilgrim movie (the Katayanagi Twin battle), and I can’t help but laugh because the side that played that song during the battle won that round, too. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve seen others mention Reverse-Flash as victor, too, but I have to finish checking out the bracket thread to catch up. Is he your choice for final pick or just this round?

@capo-mage - Aww, that’s a double-up of the best sort - thank you for sharing them. I didn’t get a chance to listen to them before heading out on Monday, but I’m glad for the chance to have done so today. :slight_smile: Loving how soulful both of them are, and how they fit in so well, and go hand in hand in their overall message despite sounding so different from the other. Earlier, I was curious if, based on the title of the first, it applied to a different character, but they both are Joker picks, right? What made you decide on going the sadness route with this team? Is it a sign that you don’t feel they’ll end up winning by the end?

@anon52107441 - That’s one doozy of a list! Thankfully, I’ve heard many of them, but that makes things worse, because now I’m wondering which applies to which character. :hushed: I’ll address them in greater detail tomorrow, but you mentioned having 8 playlists for this… by this, did you mean this one team? And what is it that you were being driven crazy trying to figure out? :stuck_out_tongue: Details, I need them! :wink: You don’t have to narrow down the list, though. I like it as it is (since our playlists sound merged, it’s a given I would, since… it’s technically my playlist now, lol). I’m mainly curious about the characters since I might have the songs separated by character later. :slight_smile:

I’ll be back to finish up, but I wanted to thank all of you for the long playlist this week - they’re excellent choices! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Kite-man is in the group, his song would be ‘Let’s go fly a kite’ from Mary Poppins, Dr. Psycho music would be a theme to Psycho music from the famous shower scene, For Clayface I would pick ‘I fall to pieces’ by Patsy Cline and For Mister Nobody I pick ‘Nobody Lonesome for me’ by Hank Williams Sr. And Finally for Scarecrow I pick a James Bond music ‘It’s
A View to a kill’ anytime I hear this song, I think of 2005 Scarecrow from Batman Begins singing this! And as for favorite Joker music, I gotta go with Partyman by the Prince, I just love it that the Joker wreck museum while playing the Music. JOKER WAS HERE!!! :joker_ewhqtas:

Also I would like to apologize to you @MissInkBlot for picking alot of Joker music, I wasted a week not giving any characters a chance, I promise to pick better for the next 3 weeks during the Meta madhouse! :joker_smilehqtas: :drquinzelhqtas: :kiteman2_hqtas: :poison_unamusedhqtas:

4 Likes

With Lazarus Pits coming into play this year, I can help but think of “You only live twice” by Nancy Sinatra.

Also “Watch That Man”, the Lulu version, released only 3 months after the song was released on Aladdin Sane. It was so quick, because Lulu was there for the concert to launch the album in London and met Bowie backstage. When they were introduced Bowie said “I f-ing want to do a record with you.” What do you say to David Bowie, but “Hell yeah!!”
During the concert tour in the UK, Bowie and Mick Ronson got into the studio with Lulu. Bowie produced the Lulu 45 (A side) “The Man Who Sold The World” (B side) “Watch That Man”.

Bowie not only produced Lulu’s version of “Watch That Man”, he also played guitar, sax and did the backing vocals in it as well.

5 Likes

Sorry about the length. I literally just copied my, (our, your, no one’s?) playlist down.
When I said 8 playlists, I just meant I have a lot of … negative playlists. You know, “emo” music.
Characters, there are none. Or many, few, and some. I’m not sure yet. :wink: I just went with some, ahem, looney tunes. (CCA’s gonna kill me, lol)
As far as my musical state of mind, well, I couldn’t figure out why those songs were deranged.
Just spoke to me. Then I took my meds. If songs ever start talking to you, Take. Your. Meds.

Anyways, loved the topic this week.
Also, never apologize. Ever. Not even for apologizing. Console, reassure, reiterate,
but never apologize.
Love you, have a wonderful DST!! (:sob: I hate dst :sob:)

4 Likes

It’s a nod to HQ. Picked her for a win in match up #1. She’s definitely shed the tears of a clown. When no ones around. Her smile looks out of place too. :wink:

5 Likes

@capo-mage My 1st post was for Harls. :point_up_2:t3: Got her takin round 1 too. …This ones for Ivy :green_heart:

6 Likes

Ok so maybe this is a bit too graphic of a song but Joker is insane, right? So I think Happy Pills by Weathers represents him really well.

3 Likes

Gorillaz: Clint Eastwood @Razzzcat for Harls?

3 Likes