šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Happy Batman Day! šŸŽ¶

Happy Mixtape Monday, everyone!

What happens when we let the DC Community take the wheel? We end up taking the ride of our lives, thatā€™s what! We knew we could count on you to impress with your skills, and our resulitng playlist is a clear example of what happens when control is given to talented people. Alas, last weekā€™s FanDome follow-up already had us bubbling with anticipation, but it was your Mixerā€™s Choice playlist that took the cake! Thank you all for holding down the fort! :heart_eyes:

Click here to take a look at the full list of goodies shared!

This Weekā€™s Theme:
Happy Batman Day!
:batman_madhqtas:

:notes: Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na naā€¦ BATMAN! :notes:

Thatā€™s right, donā€™t pretend you didnā€™t know it was coming! :wink:

Now that that special moment is a mere week away, weā€™re excited to be able to take time to celebrate the one and only Dark Knight with you by creating a special playlist for the day! Which version, portrayalā€¦ or batsuit (!) belonging to this iconic character do you relate to most? What songs represent them, or symbolize what youā€™re looking forward to in the upcoming Batman movie? Have a special song for your favorite episode of BTAS from last weekā€™s watch-along?

Let us know what you feel makes Bruce such a great character by sharing your songs below!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each weekā€™s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, weā€™ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! Weā€™ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our ā€œWhatā€™s the Last Song You Heard?ā€ thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

11 Likes

Hmm, this week, I think Iā€™ll share this one for Batman, in general - it is the ā€œMain Title Theme,ā€ by Methodic Doubt, from the series named Banshee. For those familiar with the plot of that show, it comes to mind because, as referenced in conversations with Janet in ā€œTrial,ā€ both main characters (Batman vs the lead in Banshee) handle carrying out justice in their own very interesting ways:

Below, Twenty One Pilotsā€™ ā€œChlorineā€ is the one I chose for both, ā€œTrial,ā€ (S2, E3), and ā€œAlmost Got ā€˜Imā€ (S1, E46), as representative of the relationship between the group of villains shown playing cards with each other, and their attachment to Batman - the way they came together to brag about their efforts to stop him and debate which came closest to doing so. That connection and what drives the two parties has always intrigued me. :thinking:

Started posting responses, so more on the way. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

ā€œBeauty In Tragedyā€, by August Burns Red

This song talks about dealing with the loss of a loved one. And as a character, heā€™s had a lot of loss in his life (or lives with his various iterations).

And I have to share these for my two favorites:

ā€œMen Are Still Good (The Batman Suite)ā€, by Hans Zimmer/Junkie XL

ā€œThe Batusiā€, by Neal Hefti

10 Likes

This song represents Mr. Freezeā€™s sacrifice (in the Harley Quinn show) to save his wife, Nora; but I think itā€™s a great representation of his love for her in BTAS ā€œHeart of Iceā€. :sob::white_heart::snowflake:

This song is my favorite representation of Batman, overall. Thereā€™s a passionate depth to it and what it stands for. :purple_heart: Sooo much nostalgia! :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Mercenary by Panic! at the Disco, right off the album for Arkham City

9 Likes

Gonna have to go with Bat Dance by the almighty Prince

BatDance - Prince

8 Likes

Well hello there again MissInkBlot and fellow music mixers! :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, Batman. Looking forward to all the events that will be happening around that special day. :batman_hv_5:

Now onto the tunes! :musical_note: :musical_note:

First, I thought of this tune that reminded me of the Appointment in Crime Alley episode of BTAS. The beginning lyrics reminded me when he was there with Dr. Thompkins and laid down the two roses for his parents. ā€œThanks for all, youā€™ve done. Iā€™ve missed you for so long, I canā€™t believe youā€™re gone. You still live in me.ā€ :rose: :rose:

This next tune came to mind because Batman is the master of the disappearing act. :batman_hv_4:

Next, this tune reminded me of the episode The Forgotten and how Bruce had to remember who he was to get himself and others out of the mining camp. :confused:

Ah, and finally canā€™t forget the importance of the Batmobile and how it had to be fixed up in The Mechanic episode. :oncoming_automobile:

8 Likes

For a Batman Day mixtape, Iā€™ll share ā€œDark Necessitiesā€ by Red Hot Chili Peppers

According to the bandā€™s lead vocalist, itā€™s a song about how good things can come out of a personā€™s dark hardships, which I would say is right up Batmanā€™s alley (no pun intended :sweat_smile:)

9 Likes

A little serenade from the bats ā€œfavorite personā€
:rotating_light:Warning spoilers from Arkham Knight :rotating_light:

9 Likes
7 Likes

To: @MissInkBlot

RE: BWBM Profile/Roles

( ( Sundown Rooftops ) )
Welcome To The Working Week by Elvis Costello

( ( Intrusive Thoughts, the Fight ) )
Armagideon Time by Willie Williams

( ( Gotham '89 ) )
200 Balloons by Prince

( ( the Cave Under a House That Contains a Tomb & a Butler ) )
Let Me In by Habibi

( ( Obstacles ) )
Police & Thieves by The Clash

( ( Hubris & Cowl ) )
This Could Be Anywhere by Dead Kennedys

( ( the Signal ) )
Zero by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

( ( the Death of Bruce Wayne, the Birth of Batman ) )
How by Regina Spektor

Thanks: Above / Mr. Bill Finger / Tulsi G. / Kim B. / Jack N. / Michael K. / @Hiraeth / the Society of Diana In Black ā„¢ / DCU Originals creative teams / Physical Comic Books / Sincerity / Not-so-hidden truths / You / All who have also been alienated and de-humanized

#x:white_heart:|Doomx

8 Likes

Parental advisory explicit lyrics :wink:

Happy Batman day :wink:

8 Likes

Nirvanaā€™s Something In The Way emits the idiosyncratic creativity of Kurt Cobainā€™s mind. MXMSā€™s cover and Michael Giacchinoā€™s orchestral remix are also enthralling.

I love this piano cover by AtinPiano. I recently began practicing it on my digital piano a couple of days agoā€”itā€™s definitely a fun challenge! :smile:

10 Likes

I had no idea that they actually had a song for the gameā€™s OSTā€¦ you learn something new everyday :smile:

3 Likes

Oh my Gosh yeeeesss! What makes this even better is that itā€™s Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy thatā€™s voicing in this game. :blush:

5 Likes

For my recommendation, I think Something Just Like This by Coldplay and The Chainsmokers would be a good choice, I always like listening to this song on the way to comic cons :blush::bat:

6 Likes

Definitely.

3 Likes

Just now read the prompt for music selection :rofl: I just wanted to post some Misfits.
In true :dc: fashion lets see if I can retcon/reboot my list to at least go with Gotham characters. :thinking:

Horror Business: Victor Zsasz
Skulls: Professor Pig or New52 Dollmaker
Helena: Talia al Ghul :thinking:
Dig up her Bones: :thinking: Kinda got nothin here, maybe Magpie working off White Shark/Blackest Night thing.
Last Caress: Joker at his most evil I guess. Love the song/swing dance video to it but lyrics are, well itā€™s the Misfits.
Hunting Humans: Gonna go with Huntress.
I Turned into a Martian: Goodness, Iā€™m just gonna say Martian Manhunter :rofl:
Scream: Dr. Death
Hybrid Moments: Two Face
Forbidden Zone: Bat-Mite :man_shrugging:
Dust to Dust: Jason Todd/Red Hood for sure.

This retcon/reboot shall last 2-3 years after sales fizzle out and we start it all over again. Thanks for buying these comics :hugs:

5 Likes

I have a couple here:

Citizen/Soldier always gave me a bit of a Batman/Batfam sort of vibe. Hope and pray that you never need me, but rest assured I will not let you down. I walk beside you though you may not see meā€¦

This is Clown Prince of Gotham material here. Very Gotham citizen vibes (explicit lyrics)

5 Likes

Long Hard Road Out Of Hell: by Marilyn Manson I feel would fit this perfectly

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=NDibOkp4SIw&feature=share

4 Likes