META MADHOUSE šŸ’„ Throwdown on Themyscira: Tournament Results

I agree with you and @FelixLeiter. Hawkgirl is my girl, and this is an example where not only is she my favorite (I do like Babs, donā€™t get me wrong) but I also think in the situation, Hawkgirl has the advantages. I said it before, if Hawkgirl can get Batgirl air bound, in a clear area where she canā€™t use a batrope or something, I donā€™t think Barbra survives.

5 Likes

Hawkgirl is stronger, can fly and has an Nth metal mace sheā€™s skilled with. Barbara is a helluva fighter, cagey, tough as nails and smart as a whip but in a fight to the death I have to think Hawkgirl walks away from this one victoriously.

Some of these would change based on location. If Starfire and Mera are fighting under water Mera wins in a cakewalk but anywhere else and I like Starfireā€™s chances. Indoors and Batgirl has the advantage as flight wouldnā€™t be a factor but outdoors Hawkgirl could beat hear fairly easily.

6 Likes

I also liked @ODannyBoy, when he suggested that Hawkgirlā€™s reincarnations have given her lifetimes of fighting experience.

6 Likes

I dunno. I dont know heā€™d share. BGā€™d have to steal it, which then begs the question: WHY? Meaning since when is she as paranoid about a friend as Bruce, right? Of course, now Iā€™m wondering: Would that mean she doesnā€™t technically like Kara, so much as sheā€™s afraid of her? :thinking:

This should all go over in The Discussion Thread, of course. :sweat_smile::purple_heart: oh well

5 Likes

Well if she had time to prepare she mightā€¦Iā€™m going under the assumption that they do have advanced warning

6 Likes

She should be afraid, if these are unleashed fights, BG is doomed. Unless sheā€™s got that kryptonite up her sleeve.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think sheā€™s as paranoid as Bruce, but sheā€™s better prepared. Babs knows there are Zods and Ursas and the like out there and sheā€™s just a human lining up aside gods. Itā€™s that side of the coin that leads me to the conclusion that every member of the batfam carries Kryptonite on them. (Jason has even shared with Roy, IIRC?) Even if we donā€™t assume Babs stole it herself, Damian has access (and likely his own stash) and would insist his ā€œsiblingsā€ are all prepared as well. (Especially Dick, who would resist itā€™s necessity, likely, but eventually agree, and in turn ensure Babs had some.)

5 Likes

Agreed @Pow-Pow.

8 Likes

All the first round voting is complete.
Full results can be found in the first message of this thread.

6 Likes

Oh no Huntress and Catwoman out?? :sob:

6 Likes

Well aside from Giganta getting knocked out, Iā€™m happy with the results, everyone else I voted for made it to the next round.

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss Mae.

7 Likes

Round 2 Heroine side of the bracket updated. See 1st message.

5 Likes

Round 2 Villainess side of the bracket updated. Round of 32 Complete.
See 1st messagee

4 Likes

Their goes my bracket. I had Talia winning it all. I guess thief is always next year.

4 Likes

Iā€™m surprised HQ lost the vote, by a bleach blonde hair to Star Sapphire and the Olympian Override got denied. So Carol advances. Which is good. Star Sapphire vs Ivy is the better battle. Ivy is more ā€œground and poundā€. Aerial attack are not Ivyā€™s strong suit. Getting her plants 1000 feet in the air is tough. Sapphire strikes with a small energy bubble around Ivyā€™s head and she passes out from lack of oxygen.

5 Likes

:eyes:

5 Likes

Same :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

A little, yeah, but for starters, we had barely half the turnout.

Also: GO, CIRCE! :muscle:

6 Likes

No way. Ivyā€™s got plenty of tricks up her sleeve. (TedTalk coming soon, lol) Also, if Jess didnā€™t make it out w/ a ringā€”neither does she. (No, Iā€™m not bitter. You are! :stuck_out_tongue:) :green_heart:

6 Likes