META MADHOUSE šŸ’„ Throwdown on Themyscira: Tournament Results

I only just saw this, and I think Hawkgirl should have won, Thats my girl! But I like your enthusiasm.

5 Likes

Sheā€™d better have borrowed some from Bruce or elseā€¦

3 Likes

Well, other than the Wildcat v Spoiler fight, things went the way I expected. Though, while I changed my vote to Starfire, have to be honest, I was expecting Mera to win.

5 Likes

Meraā€™s got some bad rep rn

4 Likes

why would Bruce Wayne have kryptonite?

4 Likes

Interesting results. Definitely a busted bracket here too. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Because Clark gave it to him to use in case of emergency.

Batgirl winning out over Hawkgirl actually topples a lot of my logic in the WWW division. The presumption that Bruce shares his Kryptonite stash (and other JL-contingency prep) with the Batfam plays in heavily. Since I had Orphan over Mā€™Gann, the ā€œno contingency for the Amazonā€ factor came in quickly in round two. I still think Artemis can top Mā€™Gann, but need to give that more thought. However, with Babs against Kara, Iā€™ve got to give it to Babs, whereas I would have easily put Kara over Shiera. So now Batgirl comes up empty against the Amazon, putting Artemis in the quarterfinals against Barda, which would be a fight I want to see. (Babs probably also doesnā€™t have much against Mā€™Gann, but Mā€™Gann v Barda might be almost as much fun.)

In summary, my bracket is trash, but Iā€™m loving where the results take us.

On the HH division, everything went down as I predicted, save for the battle of the Wonder Girls. But what controls whether an Olympian Override gets accepted or rejected? Is there a mod ā€œplaying Patronā€ to agree or not?

Edit:

ā€¦ everything went down as I predicted ā€¦

Wait. Spoiler beat Wildcat by 26%?! What sweet hell is that?

Edit again:

But what controls whether an Olympian Override gets accepted or rejected?

ā€¦ reads original post againā€¦

Now Iā€™m caught up.

6 Likes

Kara doesnā€™t fight Babs :roll_eyes:

Iā€™m not making a vote in this fight. Iā€™m calling for everyone to make it the first Madhouse fight with zero votes.

If we manage to get zero votes I think it should mean they team up and fight as a duo the rest of the ladder

Make history everyone

6 Likes

Any ties in voting come down to a coin flip.
Besides Iā€™m voting for Kara, because sheā€™ll get Babs in a hold she canā€™t get free of and Babs taps out. No big fight, just control. And I donā€™t think Bruce would share that kryptonite with anyone. Itā€™s to lethal and Bruce has trust issues with the entire Batfam, along with everybody else in the planet, with the possible exception of Alfred.

7 Likes

I do think he would shareā€¦but I think Batgirl could break in and ā€œborrowā€ some for this fight

7 Likes

Again, sheā€™s going to need it, cause I donā€™t think sheā€™s a match for Supergirl. @DeSade-acolyte is right, something as simple as tough hold and Batgirl is out. And, while I like the spirit of your suggestion, @Pow-Pow, unfortunately, beyond ties being broken by Kelex, we have to imagine that these match ups are like Secret Wars, or ST:TOS, ā€œThe Gamesters of Triskelionā€, where these characters canā€™t choose peace and love. Theyā€™re in a cage match and forced to fight.

6 Likes

There is this scene in Stephen Kings Storm of the Century where the townspeople decide to give up one of their children to the proverbial devil because there is no way of winning.

HATCH

When youā€™ve had a chance to think about it, youā€™ll understand. Youā€™ll come around. Itā€™s the only thing we can do. What else is there? Die for a principle? Every one of us? Including those whoā€™re too young to understand why theyā€™re dying? You need to think about it.

MIKE at last looks up.

MIKE And if itā€™s Pippa that Linoge ends up taking?

A long silence as HATCH thinks. Then he meets MIKEā€™S eyes.

HATCH

Iā€™ll tell myself she died as an infant. That it was a crib death, something no one could help or foresee. And Iā€™ll believe it. Melly and me, weā€™ll both believe it.

Donā€™t be Hatch.

Heroes Find a Way.

A vote not made is a vote for good.

Maybe it wonā€™t get zero votes, but Iā€™ll still consider every vote not made in this fight a win. :grin:

Go friendship!

6 Likes

Ahhhhā€¦the erroneous assumption that some of us want to be heroes. Some of us are villains and very happy with our choice, thank you very much.

8 Likes

:cry:

7 Likes

spoiler was trained by cassandra cain and black canary her martial arts skills are and should be much better than most would think

5 Likes

I love the idea of a team up, but thatā€™s putting story over powers. Almost all of these matchups would end differently given a story framework. (And it would be a hell of a fun writing exercise for people to write stories around each matchup and vote on the better tale to determine the winner, but I donā€™t know how many would have the time/skill to pull it off well.) This is sheer power/skill showdown, right?

6 Likes

Power, skill, defense, cunning, are they willing to seriously injure their opponent to win.

For example from last year, Lady Shiva from strictly a power & skill standpoint could beat Ras al Ghul. However, Ras is certainly cunning and ruthless enough to use a bio-agent against Shiva, which she is quite vulnerable to. The ruthlessness of Ras and his cunning allowed him to get past Shiva.

So there are many factors to consider.

6 Likes

Fair. And I like to think Iā€™m taking those in to account. I just mean ā€œthe hero has to win in the endā€ or ā€œwell, theyā€™re both good people so they wouldnā€™t fight and would find a way to overcome whomever is trying to make them do soā€ are mechanisms for a good book, not this showdown.

6 Likes

I feel ya, @FelixLeiter. These super close margins areā€¦almost painful. :laughing: Iā€™d prefer a landslide!

7 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s been my take on this all along. Iā€™ve said previously, that I view it as a cage match, two people enter, one person leaves!

I like to try and think of it on a practical level to some extent, based on the match up, skill sets, powers. I envision a small story in my head of what would happen ā€œin the real worldā€ if these two were fighting. Itā€™s hard, cause my first response is to vote for my favorites, but I know thatā€™s not what this is about.

I agree, that could be fun.

5 Likes