Meta Madhouse Throwdown on Themyscira Discussion and Debates

I missed my chance to submit a bracket, but am eager to vote.

Embarassingly, I only just this morning realized that the community didn’t go behind the Infinite paywall. :blush:

8 Likes

Welcome to the community @cpav

Voting has started. Round 1 for the Wonder Woman’s Warriors bracket.

For all the details, including the dates/times for various voting check out this: META MADHOUSE 2021💥Throwdown on Themyscira💥

5 Likes

Then we did our job right in curating the brackets. If kinda should be gut wrenching.

Raven vs Mary Marvel. One has the power of Trigon’s demon dimension to pull from. The other is powered by 6 Olympians.

Orphan vs Miss Martian, it should be Cass all day, but the one area of Cass that can be exploited is by Miss Martian’ psychic attack. One of the few characters that can exploit that weakness.

Etc, etc, etc. if making you your bracket(s) was difficult, it was supposed to be. :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

I can’t even pick Raven Vs Mary Marvel. That’s wake up after being knocked and seeing what happened.

6 Likes

I can’t even pick Raven Vs Mary Marvel. That’s wake up after being knocked and seeing what happened.

I think that’s going to come down to powerset - ranged vs melee on a mystic scale. Not to get ahead of the ToT bracket, but I think it’s a similar logic to PG vs M’Gann laying down the fire, or Bumblebee vs Stargirl on who will act first.

5 Likes

That’s a real tough one, but I’m gonna go with Raven. One word: portals.

5 Likes

That is a tough one given Mary’s speed. With that speed, can she avoid them?

5 Likes

Raven doesn’t have to put the portal up where she is- just where she’s going. Apart from big lightning attacks, most of Mary’s combative capabilities are in the melee range. Meaning that all Raven has to do is put up a quick portal between Mary and herself as she approaches, like Bugs Bunny throwing a portable hole.

6 Likes

That said, if this was Mary Marvel from DCEASED: Unkillables- trained to fight by Cass and Shiva- then I’d put my money on her all the way to the top.

6 Likes

Exactly! Mary needs to reach Raven to use any god powers, save calling in some lightning, and I think it’s pretty well established that she doesn’t lead with that. Even with the speed of Mercury, Raven is fighting on a whole other plane of existence. I don’t think it’s officially established anywhere, but I’d imagine that Raven could even teleport in to the Rock of Eternity if Mary tries to bounce around that way.

7 Likes

One of my favorite bits in Teen Titans GO! To the Movies is when Raven opens up portals banishing every hero on Earth to eternal darkness, and Cyborg is like “I always forget you can do that.”

5 Likes

That movie is truly fabulous in so many ways.

6 Likes

Some of these were really hard to choose

4 Likes

PG-SG: PG wins.
Her strength plus experience has it. Plus I feel supergirl will get to in her head putting her at a disadvantage.

HG-BG: BG wins
HG is a skilled fighter but I just feel Babs intelligence will get her the win.

O-MM: O wins
I want MM so bad. Definitely the winner in favorites bracket. But with this even though her mind is an advantage I feel MM’s fear of what she can do will prevent her from going full mind and giving Orphan the win. But would mind MM winning​:sweat_smile:.

Art-Arrow: Art wins.
Amazon v archer Amazon wins.

BW-T: BW wins
She has to have something under her belt to get Thunder. Plus I feel she’ll be more ruthless for the win.

LL-TG: LL wins
Lightning is can hit multiple targets.

BB-BC: BB wins
Skilled fight but BB out on top. She lead one of the strongest forces in the universe. So she get the win.

Bee-Star: Star Wins
Bee has a lot of skill but I feel the cosmic abilities of Star give her the win.

4 Likes

Voting for Wonder Woman’s Warriors closes at 11PM pacific tonight.

Be sure to vote before 11PM tonight.

5 Likes

Oh, perfect. Rationale for keeping Orphan on top! I’ll take it! It’s the Orphan version of Batman’s “deep down he’s a good person, and deep down I’m not.” M’Gann is too nice to win!

4 Likes

Have to say, I’m a little disappointed in the results of the first round. Power Girl, with more experience, would have beaten Supergirl, Black Canary over Big Barda? Really?! Come on, Barda is much more powerful and skilled than BC. Batwoman beats Thunder? I just don’t see it. I think some people may have voted as a popularity contest, siding with their favorites, rather than really exploring the idea of how a knock down, drag out fight would go between characters.

6 Likes

Well, now I remember why it’s a Madhouse. Some of these results are infuriating.

6 Likes

I Could not agree with this statement more.

6 Likes

The MM:ToT results thread will be posted soon.

4 Likes