Meta Madhouse Throwdown on Themyscira Discussion and Debates

But she won.

5 Likes

also isn’t harley is genetically enhanced thanks to ivy

5 Likes

Well, she “won” while unconscious. Against Granny Goodness, not Barda. In a fight that Darkseid set up for her prove her worth. With a heavy assist from a metahuman. So, if we translate this to a tournament, she lost, by KO and DQ. Kate might last longer, but not by much.

No, she is quickly knocked the F out, then “unconsciously flew through the air” and dropped a boulder (that neither she, nor Batwoman, could ever lift) on Granny’s head.

3 Likes

im not saying she could beat granny, I’m saying she is a meta so the original line about it anyone who is non meta surviving is irrelevant to Harely, but even in show Granny beat harley, psycho just cheated

7 Likes

The Sweet 16 voting ends at 11:00PM pacific time tonight.

3 Likes

The 3rd Round: Sweet 16 Results have been posted.

3 Likes

Aw yesss, Big Barda with the win!

5 Likes

Barda beats supergirl on strength they are pretty even but barda has more expiernce
Zatanna wins, I could see this going either way, but Zatanna speaks before Starfire’s fire can reach her
Circe beats superwoman, Circe is super powerful magic user and great tactician manipulator
shiva- all it takes is for Shiva to get arms distance, and carol’s costume is going to offer no protection against a physical attack

4 Likes

The Quarter Finals (Bracket Championships) voting is now up and running.
Who will make the final four?

Vote Here: META MADHOUSE 2021: Throwdown on Themyscira đŸš©Round 4 Voting: The Quarterfinals! (Bracket Championships)

3 Likes

My breakdown for Quarter Finals (Bracket Championships)

Big Barda over Supergirl
Barda can take Supergirl’s punches. She’s gonna feel them but they aren’t putting her out for the count. However, the same applies for Barda’s punches landing on Supergirl. The difference in this match is Barda’s Mega-Rod and her strategic and tactical advantages. Barda’s warrior experience gives her both the strategic and tactical advantage. Especially strategic advantage. Multiple attack using her Mega-Rod can, eventually put the Girl of Steel down for the count and Barda can be strategic to withstand Supergirl’s attacks. As the saying goes, Supergirl is playing checkers, Barda is playing chess. Thinking several moves ahead is Barda’s winning advantage.

Zatanna over Starfire.
While I’d love to see Kori advance, Zee can just attack her with magic from all sides at the same time. That is Zee’s advantage. Zee can keep Star off balance and on defense enough to force Kori into a mistake that Zee can exploit for the win.

Circe over Superwoman
Circe’s magic is just to strong. Superwoman sees this as a match of raw power, and it is. She just realize that in this particular match, Circe has more power than she does.

Star Sapphire over Lady Shiva
Long range attacks are the order of the day. If Shiva can get this down to a hand to hand, Carol would be toast. Carol knows this and keeps her distance for Shiva. Star Sapphire’s ability to attach from long range win the day.

5 Likes

SG v BB: SG
She has beaten Darksied before so I think she take Barda but it going to be a long grueling brawl.

Z v SF: Z
Star will put up a fight but Z’s Magic would eventually win.

C v SW: C
Again her Magic will just overpower her in the end.

SS v LS: LS
SS may have range but I don’t think it would be the first time shiva felt with range even at a power level like a lantern. It won’t be easy but I think she can win.

6 Likes

Supergirl over Big Barda. They are both insanely powerful and it could go either way. Historically Kara (In-Ze) has fought against the whole female furies without any training. Kara Zor-El has held her own pretty well against Darkside at the start of her career. Mega Rod is a tech weapon and short of Doomsday little can take down a Kryptonian without magic or kryptonite. Kryptonians are also bringing the very important advantage of speed. Versatility of frost breath and heat vision is a bonus.

Starfire and Zatanna. This one is hard. I think Starfire can get away an attack before Zatanna utters a complete spell. Being a human she goes down. But it can go either way.

Superwoman over Circe. I don’t see Circe being a great battlemage. But it can go either way.

Star Sapphire over Lady Shiva. This is the only easy one. Lady Shiva can’t do anything against a flyer and a lantern on top of that.

4 Likes

My champion prediction: Supergirl!

7 Likes

Besides seeing if the selections in everyone’s brackets are right or wrong
 Anyone using the point system that was introduced last year as well? :thinking:

I might be, and if anyone else wants to, I have the point breakdowns
 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :nerd_face:

3 Likes

AND REMEMBER FOLKS, KRYPTONIANS :clap: ARE :clap:WEAK​:clap:TO :clap:MAGIC :clap:!!!

6 Likes

:clap:And remember folks, Superwoman is an alt earth Wonder woman.:clap:

(If she had been a Kryptonian, Circe would have been brightburned within a millisecond. Superwoman doesn’t care.)

6 Likes

she is?

well this is awkward

5 Likes

The one on the picture is, but also generally the title Superwoman is not held by true Kryptonians. It has been alt earth lois lane, lana lang imbued with powers, lucy lane imbued with powers.

6 Likes

I didn’t know lucy lane was a version of superwoman too!

5 Likes

It’s in the new Krypton arc. Amazing read but you need a reading order to find your way through it.

5 Likes