Meta Madhouse Throwdown on Themyscira Discussion and Debates

Orrrr Ivy just sprays her w/ any number of chemical concoctions, grounds her and then perhaps, I dunno, tears her limbs off. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Lots can happen and Ivyā€™s no joke. (Iā€™m team Ivy, but this is all in fun @Izzy11, I promise! :smile:)

Just gonna leave this right here. Nature doesnā€™t die, it naps. :st_swamp_thing2: :poisonivy_hqas::green_heart: :earth_americas:

5 Likes

Seems that underestimating Dinahā€™s prowess as a fighter still seems to be en vogue, so Iā€™m just gonnaā€™ leave this right hereā€¦

6 Likes

oh its all good i like ivy better anyway :grinning:

5 Likes

MM v SG: MM
I know SG has heat vision but is her heat vision faster than MM can think. Especially MMā€™s very powerful Martian mind.

BW v BB: BB
She a female fury. She BW would put up a fight but in the end be thereā€™s no chance.

Rav v Z: Z
Z because I think sheā€™s beaten darker magic than Raven and has more control over her abilities.

SF v Vix: SF
Fire burns animals. And I feel sheā€™s more combat trained.

BF v Circ: Circ
Magic beats tamarainians (probably butchered that spelling :sweat_smile:)

Max v SW: SW
Wider power range and more ruthless

SS v PI:
I had HQ winning this so Iā€™d say Ivy loses here too. More with reasoning I think lantern ring is more powerful than plants. She could just cut her connection off and take her to space with a construct.

LS v Frost: LS
Her Kombat is unmatched even if Frost has powers.

4 Likes

I have almost the same as deSade. One difference - I picked Blackfire over Circe. I might be completely wrong about this one, but in the comics Iā€™ve read Circe has been more of a strategist than a battle mage. She seems old school to me and benefits from the long game, manipulation and agents working for her. But my Circe reading is admittedly limited.

5 Likes

Circe prefers not to sully her hands. Circe is functionally immortal. Why fight directly when you have time on your side. (Very much like Vandsl Savage, in that aspect) So in that sense, in universe, she generally plays a long game. Make no mistake, she can be a fight mage.

6 Likes

Iā€™d argue SGā€™s heat vision works as fast as SGs mind. So if ā€œspeed of thoughtā€ is the argument here, both can activate their attacks with the speed of thought. Even if MM can get inside her head to stop SGā€™s heat vision. There will already be fire close to her which will be effective in breaking her concentration.
Also MM canā€™t use psychic attacks ā€œon the runā€, so sheā€™s a sitting duck.

4 Likes

True. Just most of the times Iā€™ve seen heat vision in action there is that build up before the release so I think if MM is fast enough in those seconds she go get in there.

As for ā€œon the runā€ I think Iā€™ve scene MM use psychic attacks while mobile but could be wrong there :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Agreed. Raven is alpha as far as power, but doesnā€™t have the control to leverage it against other powerful sorcerers. Thereā€™s a reason Raven is a teenager or young adult - if she grew up, or had a responsible adult magic mentor, then thereā€™s no story anymore; every fight, every villain, every time would just be Raven on a mountaintop blinking it in to resolution. (ibid every speedster having to stop to think about what theyā€™re doing instead of just solving all the worldā€™s problems.)

Iā€™m enjoying it. I didnā€™t follow the forums in the past, so only had the mysterious DC Daily ā€œthere was saveā€. Having the logic of it, from an expert authority, plus an element of chance, makes it all fit in place better.

6 Likes

My Sweet 16 thoughts - similar to many posted thus farā€¦

• Supergirl beats Miss Martian - fire before mind control. Once thatā€™s lit, itā€™s not going out, even if Kara needs to collect herself to overcome the mind games. This is the girl who dove in to the sun to remove a Red Lantern ring. She will overcome.
  • Barda beats Batwoman - cā€™mon, really, itā€™s over now Kate.
  • Zatanna beats Raven - finally, Ravenā€™s self doubt will catch up with her. Zatanna is the better mage here and has experience dealing with multidimensional demons. Depending on the story framework, I could even see this fight ending without an iota of magic; just Zee talking Raven down.
  • Starfire over Vixen - I sided with Vixen when itā€™s fire vs earthly powers, but once weā€™ve got Tamaranian might, flight, and righteous fury, no animal she can channel will stop Kā€™ori.
  • Circe over Blackfire - ALL. THE. POWERS. OF. HECATE. Iā€™d still put Circe ahead without them, per the whole ā€œdonā€™t need to be there when it happens, babyā€ whenever a powerful sorcerer goes against an alien powerhouse, but with them, this is painful and brief, and likely involves many Tamaranian curses.
  • Maxima over Superwoman - if she can beat Ursa and Lashina, Superwomanā€™s no challenge. If she got past round one, this is the elder Maxima, who required the combined power of a Kryptonian (Kara), a neo-Kryptonian (Lana), and the younger Maxima to go down.
  • Star Sapphire over Poison Ivy - in space, no one can hear you photosynthesize. Carol can sever vines and any other entanglement to try and prevent that. She can crystalize any attempted spore or pollen attack. I agree with @DeSade-acolyteā€™s point about nature doesnā€™t die, but that doesnā€™t change the outcome of this fight. Ivy might come back for revenge, but sheā€™s not going to prevent Carol from ending this fight in the cold, heartless vacuum of space.
  • Shiva over Frost - Frost has the power to win, but doesnā€™t think fast enough to stop Shiva. Shiva trains in ridiculous conditions; she is not slowed by the cold and short of being literally encased in a glacier, will take down Frost before she can think of such an extreme plan.
5 Likes

I donā€™t think so :muscle:

5 Likes

Like a certain plant lady I knowā€¦ :smirk: :0_poison_ivy_bombshells: :st_swamp_thing2: #TeamGreen :green_heart:

On the real tho, I still think she could poison her and tear her limb from limbā€¦ hey, it could happen! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Well, what Ivy got that will work on an actual goddess? Also, Circe is known for her potions and use of herbs. Chances are she knows more and more about poisons than Ivy does. Chances are sheā€™s got more poisons than Ivy.

Circe is the actual Olympian goddess version of Ivy. PI can only dream of being that powerful.

And sheā€™s got 3000+ years more experience than Ivy and she hasnā€™t aged a day. (Can you imagine the skincare regime ya gotta have to pull that off.)

I know youā€™re team green, @Razzzcat
However, if ya really want to be truly team green, Circe is your girl.

6 Likes

That is correct! Circe is one of my champions. :purple_heart:But so is Ivy. :green_heart: I cant abandon her- sheā€™d absolutely positively never forgive me!

6 Likes

I think if was anybody but Circe (or Harley) sheā€™d never forgive ya. But, letā€™s face it, Ivyā€™s bracket has Circe winning it all. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

At this point, I hope so, otherwise Iā€™m going to be super bummed I didnā€™t make more brackets! :joy: They arenā€™t looking so good on the other side.

4 Likes

You make it difficult for me Mae, this is a compelling argument for Batwoman, butā€¦ Barda? But for Barda, and I think you have me, against so many opponents.

5 Likes

The ā€œbut itā€™s Bardaā€ argument is compelling. Stick any non-meta human in Apokolips and see how long they fair. A day, couple of days, a week at the longest. At sometime that non-meta is going to need sleep and that means parademon chow.

By contrast Barda would just sneak up from Medusa grab her shoulders, grab Medusaā€™s snake hair and lift. Full blown complete rip out of her spinal coloum.

3 Likes

Harley had no problem in the HQ animated series

:harley_eyebrowhqtas:

5 Likes

Ummā€¦not so.
Harley boomtubeā€™s into and out of Darkseidā€™s throne room, and is there less than an hour. She has one fight with Granny Goodness, her entire time is the length of that one scene, which is less than 10 minutes.

4 Likes