Main reason you're subscribed to DC Universe

I joined DC Universe for the new live action shows. I had heard that Titans, and a few other new live action shows would be coming out soon, so I signed up.

I had no idea there would be comic books here too. That was just bonus.

It was only some time later, after the Titan first season had ended, that I finally made my way over the the Community area and started participating here. Again, this was just bonus, but I have become rather addicted to this bonus, even more than the comics. :wink:

MACJR

3 Likes

I was 4 years old when the SHAZAM tv series came out in 1974…it was the IT show to watch back then…even though I own the WB ARCHIVE COLLECTION on DVD…I wanted to see the tv series the way it did back in 1974…I can remember running into the living room, sitting on the arm of my dad’s chair, watching this tv series on Saturday mornings…back then in the morning time THE SUPER FRIENDS started my Saturday mornings and SHAZAM ended it…years later in 2003 I met captain marvel himself Jackson Bostwick

3 Likes

I came for only Doom Patrol and Young Justice. I’m staying for Swamp Thing, Titans S2 and the expanded comic library.

4 Likes

I came for Doom Patrol and the complete SuperFriends.
The expanded comic library has me staying.

2 Likes

I was cautiously excited for the original content, but I figured that even if they were balls terrible (which thankfully they haven’t been), the comics would be worth it.

3 Likes

Young Justice

1 Like

I’m a DC fanatic; comics, tv, animation, film, all of it. I’m an ardent defender of the DCEU; for me BvS is the second best comic book film ever made (Watchmen is first). So yeah, call me a fanboy. When DC Universe hit it was a no brainer.

1 Like

The comics and the archived shows like Superboy were what made me join day 1. But top to bottom I have grown to like everything in this setvice.

1 Like

Comics

1 Like

I’m trying it out since I got it for the Batman 80th deal. For .80 Cents I got to try out this entire service and it’s more than paid for itself but I very low on money. I’d like to continue but after this months over I won’t be able to. I really enjoy reading all that I can but I have to balance it out. As well as trying to use it up and all showing my sister and everyone close to me these cool stories. There are some great tales and stories that these writers and artists are not getting the credit they deserve for the work they do. I’m glad I’m able to view it as well. So I was surprised at the amount of content and good content that was available.

2 Likes

The original content. Friend of mine showed me his DC Universe oh, I got stuck on Titans. Doom Patrol might be my favorite show ever. Super Pump from Swamp Thing now. Although I’m confused why they cut it short?

1 Like

original content and movies I don’t read comics so that is really not my thing. reading makes me fall asleep, so I like the movies and the tv shows but they need more. I am just afraid warner will shut down the streaming service. when they launch in nov. since they removed some things from swamp thing.

I subscribed because of the comics library. I’ve been always wanting to have a DC equivalent of Marvel Unlimited and now it’s finally happening.

6 Likes

Cause i have no friends…

8 Likes

The comics library, easily. I was going to just do a short subscription to browse the (at the time) very small library. Doom Patrol is great, though, and that made me decide to stay a few months. The enormous update to the library got me to buy a yearly membership. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Young Justice.

4 Likes

Young Justice

3 Likes

Because DC is the best thing humans have created next to pizza

2 Likes

For me, while I’m a huge dc fan, there’s a lot of content I’ve never watched. Like the entire dcau which I’m currently binging. Also the return of the young Justice cartoon.

2 Likes

I got service outta curiosity, since I’m mostly a marvel type of guy and the only dc comics I read was only Batman related, and watched some of the cartoons on tv. But as a full-time paid subscriber I love the comics selection and original shows they put on here made this newbie into a dc fan

1 Like