LIVE Q&A with Justin Halpern & Patrick Schumacker, HARLEY QUINN ANIMATED SERIES Showrunners! Mon 5/11 @5pm PT/8pm ET

Do the actors stick to the script or do you let them improv?

3 Likes

This week’s episode is very Bane centric. And I definitely questioned how we portrayed his character in the show, given how sharp he is in the books and other media. And that’s not to say that he’s going to be everyone’s whipping boy forever. But for now, the Bane you’ve met will continue to be that Bane. Batgirl and Gordon will continue to play a big part in this season, particularly Gordon. And Alfred will pop up just a bit.

12 Likes

Awesome I agree James does an amazing job as Bane.

Thanks for answering.

2 Likes

We have given next to zero thought on this, but we always talk about Booster Gold as comedy gold.

9 Likes

Awesome can wait to see it.

Thanks for answering.

2 Likes

Just glad Bane kicked his butt!

Yes, Alfred is awesome, but the Macaroni? Seriously??? (Where’s Lucius Fox when you need him?)

3 Likes

I sure hope Ivy and kite-man get married, but something tells me things might go awry.

1 Like

Honestly, I put the shirts in there as an internal joke, and assumed those would never make it into the final cut haha. Ultimately these guys were comedic to me because of how deep their toxic fandom ran, (particularly the one guy). And I don’t think he’s representative of all the Snyder Cut enthusiasts AT ALL. In truth, I had cold feet about keeping the shirts but I’m glad we did at the end of the day, and the Snyder Cut fans’ response has been outstanding. Such great sports!

14 Likes

They usually do in this show.

1 Like

the shirts were priceless

2 Likes

Was the LEGO Batman Movie an influence in the creation of this show?
Love all the fourth-wall breaks & heightened versions of all the characters.

2 Likes

will there ever be like a throw away joke about james jr. or batman year one in general?

I read that coronavirus article and those writers clearly had time to formulate their amazing answers. I wish I could come up with something on the spot, but I think Ivy would certainly have some controversial opinions on coronavirus. As to your second question, Earth-69. Kite Man told me so.

15 Likes

In Crisis on Infinite Earths, several superheroes get summoned to the Monitor. Among them was Kite Man of Earth-69. We don’t talk about that…

3 Likes

Me too

We leap blindly out of a plane with no parachute and then our partners at DC fly in in their fancy squirrel suits and nudge us in the right direction.

15 Likes

Earth-Nice

No coronas virus episode please

2 Likes

Ivy is prone to becoming friends with characters that push her out of her comfort zone. Like Harey. Maybe it’s subconscious. But we thought Frank would be another comedic counterpoint to Pam. And once we had JB Smoove on board, that became the primary inspiration. JB is JB! Write to JB!

12 Likes