LIVE Q&A with Justin Halpern & Patrick Schumacker, HARLEY QUINN ANIMATED SERIES Showrunners! Mon 5/11 @5pm PT/8pm ET

LIVE Q&A with Justin Halpern & Patrick Schumacker, HARLEY QUINN ANIMATED SERIES Showrunners! Mon 5/11 @5pm PT/8pm ET

Facebook
They’re back, and better than ever! That’s right, the brains behind the hit animated series Harley Quinn joins us for another rousing round of answering YOUR questions live on Monday, May 11th at 5pm PT/8pm ET! You can find their first Q&A right over here :point_left:

Please try to limit the number of questions asked to 1-2; this way, everyone has a chance to get a response in the limited time we have :slight_smile: Thanks!

Add your questions in the comments below, and come back at 5pm PT/8pm ET on Monday, May 11th to read Justin & Patrick’s answers LIVE!

17 Likes

Thanks for taking our questions! I’ve been loving the show so far and can’t wait to see more!

While the reveal that a Harley/Ivy romance is happening has made me and plenty of other viewers even more excited for this season, I’m curious as to what motivated you to spoil such a big development before it happens?

8 Likes

Thanks for stopping by and taking some questions from the fans! I absolutely love the show so far, and it brings me back each week to watch! I love how far the show goes each week!

My first question is what is one character that you would like to see in the show that hasn’t been in the show so far?

I love the obscure characters that are brought in. Condiment Man made my day. I loved the interactions between him. and Kite-man, and I still laugh when think of the puns he sent. What underutilized characters have you found to be the most enjoyable to use so far?

2 Likes

kite man, HELL YEAH!!!

4 Likes

A romace between Harley and Ivy? Now, I must watch this.

10 Likes

It’s still developing, but it is happening by the end of the season. And welcome to the community!

2 Likes

What’s the creative process for developing each character’s personality? They’re all very charming and it’s interesting to see these unique portrayals of characters from the Batman universe.

4 Likes

Hello, Thanks for stopping by.

Bane is my favorite DC villain and he is awesome on this show. So my question would be why did you choose to make him the pushover he is? Will he get his time to shine?

Enjoyed the batfamily shown in this. Alfred, Gordon, Bats, and Babs have been awesome. So I’m curious will other make appearances either in this season or the future?

2 Likes

What was the conversation like when you pitched the “Release the Snyder Cut” guy and the “Last Jedi isn’t Cannon” guy to the people at DC? Did you have to jump over any hurdles to implement them?

6 Likes

Hey, J&P! Thanks for your work on this really cool show! I look forward to it every week.

First question: Last month, Vulture asked 37 TV writers how they’d do a coronavirus episode of their show. How would you handle the topic on Harley?

Second question: if you were giving Harley Quinn a designation in the DC multiverse, what number Earth would it be?

7 Likes

Thank you for answering our questions. I really enjoy your show. My question is if you could do another animated show set in in the DC Universe what kind of show would it be and who would be the main character?

2 Likes

Glad you guys are taking the time to answer a few of our questions.

When you are developing an episode, are there times when you are coming up with a scene with a particularly nasty joke and think, “maybe this might be taking it to far?”

Just wondering if you have a limit on how vulgar or crude a joke can get.

6 Likes

First off, I want to congratulate you guys on a fantastic season and a half of Harley. In your show, you sometimes take major departures from what fans are familiar with. How do you guys decide what’s okay to change about a character and what isn’t?

5 Likes

Hi, thank you guys for taking our questions!

What was the inspiration behind Frank and his character on the show?

2 Likes

What is in store for Kite Man and Ivy. They are my favorite thing about the show. Please don’t break them up.

4 Likes

Hey Justin hey Patrick! Will Harley and the Joker get back together? I miss seeing him

1 Like

Hi Justin and Patrick! A lot of popular characters keep “leaving the show” to aid the plot. When writing for the future, does their absence hinder the plot going forward or does it make way for new characters to steal the show?

1 Like

Hello Justin and Patrick, just a couple of questions,

1. Why did you have to kill Penguin? He was my favorite character.:sob:
  2. Will Batman become A Bat who laughs anytime soon? That would be cool too see.:grinning:
2 Likes

The two cranky fan characters a week back were supposed to accomplish what? It makes the staff appear overly sensitive to online comments (or to Birds of Prey’s reception) when the story gets hijacked for that, If people actually are trashing to show this early on, why not ignore it rather than point it out?

Super cool seeing you guys interact with us and answering questions. This is one of the things that makes this community so great!

Will we get a nightwing appearance?

4 Likes