Live Q&A w/ Joëlle Jones, Comic Writer & Artist of CATWOMAN, BATMAN, & More, Tues 4/14 @5pm PT/8pm ET!

Also, one other question, if I may, I’m so sorry! Just wonder what your take is on Zoë Kravitz as Selina in the upcoming Batman film? Do you think or hope she’ll look like your Selina/Catwoman?

4 Likes

Hi!
I’m so glad that you are enjoying the stuff I’ve been putting out!

1- VH was really a visual opposite to Gotham, instead of shadows, everything is draped in acidic sunlight. I thought taking Cat out of her natural habitat and placing her there would lead to some interesting stories!

2-I love Raina Creel too for a villain! She was so fun to draw just because drawing beautiful people all the time can get boring! Also the idea of someone driven by the fear of death and aging, especially in a psychotic woman could be really fun!

P.s- I’d love to see that too

6 Likes

Thanks for having such good questions!
I would definitely draw, but nothing is more fun than writing my own scripts!

7 Likes

I would love to draw them! Absolutely!

5 Likes

I think that would be a blast!

5 Likes

That’s tough, maybe Wonder Woman or Constantine, oh and Swamp Thing.

8 Likes

I would say is talk to someone at DC about Justice League Dark!

5 Likes

CONFIRMED: Joëlle Jones’s Justice League Dark coming! :grin:

5 Likes

Thank you!

I’m actually writing and drawing the third book right now!

8 Likes

If you work on JLD, can you make the mythos and interactions associated with it, more 14 yr old friendly instead of 17 friendly and then try to get involved with the animated movies.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I am always looking at art and getting excited by other artists all the time!
Classics are JC Leyendecker, Coby Whitmore, Austin Briggs and Pete Hawley.
In comics I love Adam Hughes, Sergio Toppi, Stuart Immonen and really a ton of others!

6 Likes

This absolutely :100: needs to happen. :grin:

5 Likes

Thank you!

I was absolutely inspired by Los Angeles, I had just moved there at the time and felt like a fish out of water. I also found it endlessly interesting!

5 Likes

I have been a huge fan of comics since I was just a little girl, I grew up with them and it’s what I always wanted to do!

9 Likes

That is just simply awesome! SO happy your childhood dream came true!

5 Likes

I am, thanks for asking!

1-My Catwoman scripts are an absolute mess and pretty much impossible to read by anyone but me. I do have to write for other artists occasionally and I try to go pretty traditional format on those.
2-The best advice I can give is never write a scene you aren’t excited to draw, if you have just a dialogue scene make the setting exciting, a bad guy “dialogueing”? Have other characters reacting in a fun way. If you don’t enjoy it people can always tell.

Hope that helps!

10 Likes

I’ll see what I can do :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks a bunch!

3 Likes

I am beyond interested to see her in any suit! Can’t wait to get a peek!

9 Likes

Thanks Ms. Jones!
8:55pm

2 Likes