Live Q&A w/ BATMAN: THE ANIMATES SERIES ADVENTURES - SHADOW OF THE BAT Designer- Monday 3/02 @5pm PST!

On MONDAY, March 2nd @5:00 pm PST, we’ll be hosting a live Q&A with the game designer of IDW’s Batman: The Animated Series Adventures - Shadow of the Bat board game!

This isn’t just any old board game, folks - each time you play, you can carefully select characters and scenarios to reflect your favorite episodes of B:TAS! More of a fanfic person than a recreation fan? No problem! Switch The Joker out for Scarecrow or any other mix-em-up scenario to build and play out your very own animated stories!

Join our LIVE Q&A with Pete Walsh, the designer to ask him all about their beautifully crafted miniatures, the challenges of game design, and what his personal Bat-tastic inspirations are. There is a long and winding journey from concept to to table, don’t miss your chance to hear all about this saga! And if you ask really nicely, he may even share some rarely seen concept art :bat:

:point_down:Be sure to add your question to the comments below, and come back here Monday, March 2nd @5:00 pm PST to find out the answers!

Still not enough B:TAS? Afterwards, you can get your fix by joining the DC Animated Club’s Watch-Along of Batman: The Animated Series Episode 85: Batgirl Returns @6pm PST!

6 Likes

Hello, will I be able to find the game at the local stores like Target or Walmart? :grinning:

Edit: Thankyou DC for adding my club watch along!:grinning:

2 Likes

I have another question, will there be one for Superman The Animated series board game, to have a Crossover?:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sorry for another question, I’ve never played a table RPG before, how easy or hard is it to play and how often can Penguin be use in the game?
Can you make up your own episodes like Penguin’s favor or I’ve got Batgirl in my basement?:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Will it be like DnD?

1 Like

Are there any restrictions on who you can create for miniatures such as having a girl’s night out character, map, and mission pack with supergirl and livewire as included miniatures or other tie in characters like Klarion the witch boy as a miniature (with of course his own map and mission pack)? Or could you pretty much have free reign in who you wanted to include from the series? And could condiment king and the other mind controlled characters from that episode be in any up coming stretch goals? Or Roxie Rocket? Or Milo and his goons be people animal hybrids? (I know a number of these characters are in the new adventures but they would be cool to see)

2 Likes

A few more questions… Has the money raised so far surpassed your expectations? And if so have you had to come up with any of your stretch goals (as far as dollar amount and add-ons) on the fly or were these determined long before the campaign? How long does it take to design one of those miniatures and if it doesn’t take very long are you able to, once the campaign has started, take suggestions?

2 Likes

Hi is ubu or roxy rocket planned characters?

1 Like

How do you differentiate different characters mechanically? What sort of inspiration from the show have impacted game design? With so many villains and playable characters what are some examples of what makes them stand out from the others rather than reusing mechanics?

Hello, my questions would be:

• Will the expansion packs be released at the same time as Shadow of the Bat?

• What was your favorite campaign to design?

• Can we expect the Condiment King in the future?

3 Likes

What’s the chances of Girl’s Night Out being added with Supergirl and Livewire?

2 Likes

Welcome to DC Universe @maskofjustice.2687! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey there everyone!
Happy to be here :smiley:

4 Likes

Hello @PigeonPete, great to have you here, the Board game look so much fun to play!:grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks @Penguinfan78!
Appreciate it!

Looks like you’re first in line with questions too, i backtrack them now

3 Likes

will I be able to find the game at the local stores like Target or Walmart?

@Penguinfan78 No, due to the game’s cost and complexity expect it only to be found online and brick and mortar hobby stores.

3 Likes

I have another question, will there be one for Superman The Animated series board game, to have a Crossover?:slightly_smiling_face:

@Penguinfan78 At the moment we only have the license to create content from Batman The Animated Series, Batman The New Adventures, Mask of the Phantasm and Mystery of the Batwoman.

3 Likes

Wow, can i just say this forum is fantastic for posting and edits etc!

4 Likes

Sorry for alot of questions, I woke up in the middle of the night and was thrill to see this, Thankyou for answering my questions.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like