Live Action Zatanna Film?

Has she written fantasy ?

3 Likes

Not to my knowledge, but based on Promising Young Woman and Killing Eve she can write great female leads and knows how to make something super dark but also incredibly witty.

5 Likes

Idk how I missed this? It must’ve been buried & I never saw my tag or this thread b4? I gotta go with @Vroom from a time b4 they announced the possibility of a Z film. I agree that Zooey Deschanel would be a perfect fit. I also think Serinda Swan absolutely nailed it as the 1st live action Zatanna in Smallville. I couldn’t have been happier with that choice.

To be clear @Vroom suggested Zooey & I think that’s a perfect cast. I’ve said this b4. Not to be a pervert. But she hides her body extremely well. She’s got measurements that would drive a centerfold into embarrassment…those top 2 pics are almost identical? Imho…

6 Likes

When Daniel Craig was named the new James Bond I wasn’t excited but he’s become my favorite Bond.

When Ben Affleck was named the new Batman I wasn’t excited but he did a great job.

When Ryan Reynolds was named as Green Lantern I was excited and that movie didn’t do great.

I don’t care who they cast - if the script is good and the directing is good I think it’ll be great.

4 Likes

Just an out there casting thought… given Emerald Fennell’s past connection with Killing Eve what about Phoebe Waller Bridge for Zatanna? She’s pretty universally beloved, famous but not so famous she couldn’t disappear into the role, and she’s an incredible performer. Not sure how her American accent is, but a British Zatanna wouldn’t bother me either.

3 Likes

Not to mean this in a bad way. But saying 40 is too old to film a movie is a little insulting. I’m 45 & I work a job most 20 yr olds quit b4 lunchtime. Saying that a 40 yr old woman would have trouble filming a movie is even worse. Idk your age? But I guarantee u will laugh about saying that when u turn 40. It’s not old at all. Unless u are, in which case, we aged very differently. I hope I didn’t make an enemy of u cuz we’ve always been cool. I’m just trying to impart some knowledge b4 u accidentally say that to someone who’s not as laid back as me. No hard feelings, just trying to look out for u in the future :smiley:

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree with you more @capo-mage I like @TheTerrificToyman and even have a friendly bet that JJ Abraham’s black Superman won’t make $1,000,000,000 at the worldwide box office. This wasn’t my bet lol!

3 Likes

Nice :+1:. I have 0 issues & mad love for TT. I just hope I conveyed it correctly. I’m just trying to impart some 40yr old wisdom that 40 isn’t old. It’s all a matter of perspective tho. I remember thinking the girls in my grade were crazy for dating guys that were 20 when we were 18. 2yrs seemed like 15yrs difference back than. I know TT is a good person. Just looking out , that’s all. I’m sure (hope) TT gets that. Always been laid back & i’m beyond laid back. 0 issues, just offering some advice for the future.

3 Likes

I will be 40 in less than 2 years…

I should have elaborated- of course 40 isn’t too old to film a movie, but it might be asking a lot of the lead in an action movie in what I assume would have several action sequences. It’s why Kristen Wiig could play Cheetah without much cause for concern- she just had a few sequences. I assume it would have been different if they were casting her to play Wonder Woman.

I didn’t mean it in a “No one in their 40’s could do this” way. Maybe it would just be a lot of her waving her hands so it wouldn’t be physically demanding :man_shrugging:

None taken. I’m the middle child with a younger and older brother. It’s more than okay for anyone to disagree with me.

2 Likes

my mom is in her fifties and works really hard(she’s a teacher) I think the idea that a women over forty couldn’t film a movie as juvenile and bordering on insulting

2 Likes

Good for her, my mother was also in that industry and worked very hard. But again, there’s a difference between something being mentally demanding, requiring patience and understanding to something being physically demanding.

My mother and father used to argue over whose job was tougher and I would always try to be the middle man and explain that both jobs were hard in different ways. My mom taught children and my dad’s job was for the city, very labor intensive in the Texas heat. Neither could do what the other did- one wasnt harder than the other, they were both difficult in their own ways.

2 Likes

also dude i think your mixing up forty and sixty. a person who has taken care of themselves and is in shape is more than capable to do stunts, you want to argue they way hollywood treats actresses is detrimental to health maybe, but a healthy 40 year old could do it easily

2 Likes

Fair enough. No hard feelings. I was just trying to give u a heads up, that it was a statement that people (including me) would most likely find offensive. I’m not here to judge anyone by a single statement. I certainly am not here to condemn u over 1 statement. Just trying to shine a light on what u might wanna avoid. Props for not flying off the handle about it & explaining your statement. I know you’re a laid back person, & I don’t consider u a sexist or the type that would fall under ageism. I just found that statement to be both, & since u have never posted anything of the like- it caught me off guard. No hard feelings I hope & water under the bridge. If I honestly thought u meant harm I wouldn’t have responded at all. I was just trying to inform u that most people aren’t as laid back as me - and I didn’t wanna see it get out of hand cuz it was a pretty loaded statement. I know you’re a good person, & I didn’t want anyone to judge u in any other light over one statement. :+1::smiley: all good tho TTT. Ty for owning up to it & not boycotting me. You’d be surprised how many people I never hear from again over way less.

1 Like

Honor Blackman was 37 when she first started playing Mrs. Cathy Gale on The Avengers and she was nearly 40 when she appeared as Miss Galore (it won’t let me post her first name…) in Goldfinger. Both were pretty physically demanding roles! I think there wouldn’t be any problem with a 40 year old playing Zatanna. Anyway, I know TT didn’t mean it quite the way it sounded!

2 Likes

No worries man. Yeah Zooey would be a great choice. What a beautiful voice that lady has, loved her cover of baby it’s cold out side from Elf.

2 Likes

I’m adding Amanda Seyfried to my casting hopefuls list. And I think she may be my top choice now.

1 Like
5 Likes

Okay, for all we know in a few years she will star in a hit show instead that everybody loves.

3 Likes

But she would now have a drug problem and eats people

3 Likes

She eats Darkseid for brunch.

1 Like