Live Action Zatanna Film?

According to a report on CBR.com, Warner Bros. is moving forward on a film based around Zatanna. It will be separate from J. J. Abrams’s Justice League Dark. It has not yet been officially announced. I do hope this is not one of those rumors that crops up from time to time and that there is some truth to it. Zatanna has always been one of my favorite characters and I would like to see a good, live action movie starring her.

16 Likes

Let’s get Daisy Ridley to do it!

7 Likes

That sounds fantastic, although it seems weird to separate it from Justice League Dark. Couldn’t she just lead the team? I hope Constantine shows up too.

5 Likes

I would love to see this movie. Zatanna is one of my favorite characters

5 Likes

A few casting ideas… Ana De Armas, Alexandra Daddario, Lindsey Morgan, or Eiza Gonzalez!

8 Likes

This sounds like a really good move tbh! I cant wait for everyone to know who Zatanna is!

6 Likes

@capo-mage, thoughts?

2 Likes

DC don’t drop the ball on this one. Hawkman #4 going up in value.

6 Likes

As long as the director and DC leave Zatanna to make her own costume choices as I love the penchant for DC heroines to wear fishnet stockings, i will absolutely be under her backwards-speaking spell.
tenhsif sgnikcots no reh shgiht

3 Likes

Agreed! Really hoping they don’t go the BoP route β€” give her the iconic costume!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be averse to her multi-coloured costume from her time in the Justice League in the 80’s as drawn by George Perez either.

3 Likes

Or the JL Dark look. Just something recognizable!

3 Likes

I don’t know the JL Dark costume but I am sure it would be keeping with her comic book look.

2 Likes

π˜Όπ™‘π™‘ 𝙀𝙛 𝙖 𝙨π™ͺπ™™π™™π™šπ™£ 𝙄’𝙒 π™žπ™£:star_struck:

3 Likes

𝙄 𝙬𝙀π™ͺ𝙑𝙙 π™—π™š π™©π™π™§π™žπ™‘π™‘π™šπ™™ 𝙩𝙀 π™¨π™šπ™š π˜Όπ™‘π™šπ™­π™–π™£π™™π™§π™–

3 Likes

Fishnetsssssssssssssssss
:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I would love to see a Zatanna movie! I heard there was a rumor floating around but I think people have been saying this for a long time. Super excited for what might be announced at the FanDome event.

3 Likes

I’d go with Anya Taylor-Joy

6 Likes

I have to agree with everyone hoping for Zatanna’s original classic costume. I have two reasons for wanting her to appear in the classic costume, beyond the obvious. First, there are whole generations of fans who, when they picture Zatanna in their head, see her in that costume. Second, the top hat, tails, et. al. help show that she is Zatara’s daughter. He always dressed as a stage magician in top hat and tails!

5 Likes

I would go with Anya Taylor Joy anywhere she wanted to take me.

3 Likes