Live Action Zatanna Film?

I would be interested in that. She is an underrated character so I would love to have something as fun as Shazam (2019).

Edit: Maybe a film with John Constantine played by Dan Stevens in it.

3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

If this happens then Zendaya should play her.

4 Likes

I really hope this movie is the next “Shazam”. In the sense that they take a criminally underrated character, give them a movie, and now they’re a house hold name. Also @Jorr750 I agree Zendaya would make an awesome Zatanna. I’d want her or Emilia Clarke

5 Likes
7 Likes

Really love the news of Fennell writing the Zatanna script.

Dakota Johnson is still my dream casting… but I have to admit the Zendaya and Anya Taylor-Joy mentions above both really sound good as well.

5 Likes

Wonder if this is setting up the Justice League Dark film

4 Likes

I don’t have a great suggestion for a fancast, but I can’t say I love any of the ones provided here thus far. She’ll have to be a known name, though, to make up for the fact that she’s not a character well known to the general audiences.

Alexandra Daddario was most recently Lois Lane, but I don’t hear her being Zee, even if she might bare passing resemblance.

4 Likes

According to the article below DC has a Zatanna movie in the works and it’ll be written by one of the hottest writers in Hollywood, Emerald Fennell who will be at the Oscars next month for her film ‘Promising Young Woman’. It is reported that this is all a part of JJ Abrams Justice League Dark projects and, if so, bodes well for the world he is building. After all - you can’t have a Justice League Dark without Zatanna!

This is outstanding news.

4 Likes

I’m worried that they are going to screw the Justice League Dark up. Have JJ Abrams involed does not inspire confindince.

4 Likes

Anya Taylor-Joy starred in the Queens Gambit, the most watched limited series on Netflix, ever. She’s known.

4 Likes

I’d admittedly have a hard time truly seeing her as anyone but Lena Luthor at this point, but you’ve gotta admit that Katie McGrath would still look absolutely fantastic as Zatanna :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I’m not going to weigh in on who should play Zatanna, but I do hope she looks something like this. This is cosplayer Victoria Avalor’s take on Zatanna. I think she did pretty good!

5 Likes

I’d go with Ana De Armas or Eiza Gonzalez. Either would be incredible. That said, they put this news out today in the hopes it would distract from that Variety interview… :frowning:

4 Likes

Frankly, I’m not convinced that Zatanna is a movie maker character. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE her. I COSPLAY her. But I’m not sure she’s right for a film franchise. Or at least, not by herself.

2 Likes

And she will likely win the Oscar, too.

5 Likes

Why not…?

3 Likes

Having Emerald Fennell writing the script (and hopefully directing as well) is a huge win for this project.

4 Likes

I loved Promising Young Woman. This is exciting!

5 Likes