LGBT DC Fans

Yes, queer characters should be complex. But Black Mask is cartoonishly evil. I’m not sure this is the best first choice for gay representation in the DCEU. (Montoya notwithstanding.)

4 Likes

I like the Black Mask as a gruesome villain. If hardcore heroines like Wonder Woman & Batwoman can be LBGTQ characters. Having the antithesis of those character types be LBGTQ is about time. An LBGTQ total criminal psychotic seems appropriate to me.

4 Likes

Neil Patrick Harris’ Music Miester, is the perfect Gay Villian. He literally destroys you with show tunes, and come on…NPH.

3 Likes

I’d be cool with a gay villain if there were already established good guys who are gay. But there are none. Wonder Woman is bisexual but you’d never know it from the movies (so far).

5 Likes

I forgot that Renee was going to be in it and I guess she’s going to be in a relationship with a woman as well. I just don’t like the female lgbt characters are the good guys and the gay guy is the stereotypical, flamboyant villain.

4 Likes

So this is pretty cool – there’s this beautifully done mural done of Midnighter and Apollo in Los Angeles with the tagline of “Love knows no boundaries.” Even cooler is that on the side…there’s the DC Universe logo.

https://i.redd.it/cn341437kha31.jpg

7 Likes

SO AWESOME!

2 Likes

Lesbian villains maybe and more popular trans characters added or represented

2 Likes

So happy Doom Patrol got renewed! I love these characters and I can’t wait to see what they do next season! More Larry! More Danny! More Maura Lee Karupt!

3 Likes

Agreed, very excited. Maybe we’ll get Coagula, too.

3 Likes

Why are they putting so much gay content in these shows knowing that kids are impressionable, a lot of kids here in Washington DC think that it’s a cool fadd and don’t realize it’s a lifestyle!

2 Likes

Why are they putting so much gay content in these shows knowing that kids are impressionable, a lot of kids here in Washington DC think that it’s a cool fadd and don’t realize it’s a lifestyle!

3 Likes

Interesting that its the gay content and not the swearing or violence or sex that bothers you.

9 Likes

I’m not part of the LGBT community, so sorry if I’m steeling out of place, but I just love reading through this thread and gaining knowledge about cool characters I’ve never thought of. And I think it’s so cool to see complex and we’ll developed characters like Negative Man in Doom Patrol. Hopefully, one day, we’ll be able to get to a point as a society where a character being gay, or non-binary, or whatever isn’t the only focus of a character, but just an aspect of them. Like Batwoman. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If Deadpool can be pansexual, and he is, what DC character might be as well?

1 Like

Constantine.

5 Likes

Agreed, @OmniLad! I’ve also loved discovering new characters here! And I think we’re all looking forward to that time, too!

Constantine is a good choice.

1 Like

Just found out Jackson Hyde, aka Aqualad, just showed up in Aquaman #50! I hope he sticks around. I gotta catch up on Aquaman comics!

1 Like

Won’t post spoilers yet but on this week’s new Young Justice Outsiders it’s revealed a team member is gay! And another is non-binary! What a great show.

7 Likes

Homophobia is not supposed to be in a superhero genre. This is influencing young children who just want to see their heroes beat up the bad guys. I don’t think it’s proper to engage in the young minds of our children who probably don’t know what the word homosexual means. Let them enjoy being children.

1 Like