LGBT DC Fans

Exactly, there’s no place for homophobia anywhere.

7 Likes

Lol what an intellect.

2 Likes

@bruceleeali

I agree with.you first sentence

But homophobia is fear of homosexuality

Homophila which is accepting gay people as they are

Is what I think you wanted to say.

Also

The DC Universe service was not developed for children, it is for 16 years +

Finally,

Children should learn to treat all people with kidness and respect. They can learn the detail later on.

9 Likes

Ace homoro girl here. I’d love to see more asexual characters and not just, “we never see this person with a love interest so maybe their ace?”. More queer in general, yes please.

I’ve always loved the idea of Tim Drake and Conner Kent being the DCU’s Wiccan and Hulking, I know it’ll never happen but let me dream. They need some love! I mean it’s not like DC’s being treating them well. As much as Bendis’s Superman work frustrates me, his Young Justice is the best thing to happen to either of them in a LONG time.

6 Likes

Yes, let’s give kids the opportunity to understand that heroes come in the form of all kinds of different people. LBQTQ+ people exist everywhere. Kids see them and likely interact with them everyday.

7 Likes

That’s true. But your argument is flawed. Kids minds are like sponges. They are not fully developed until age 21. So for any adult to give the excuse that children interact with gays doesn’t mean that we as adults should push them in the direction of the LGBT. They are innocent people who are depending on adults to guide them not forcing a culture into their lives because you believe in it

5 Likes

@Bruceleeali

That is all you got? The slippery slope argument. That is not logical.

I am not GLBT, but I have many very decent, very loving, friends who are. No literature or image turned them gay. They were born that way and knew it way early that they were ‘different’. And they suffered mightily for it because of people like you. They didnt want to be gay. It made their life miserable.

And now that they are finally getting some social and legal respect, it is so important to you to say No? All for a kiss!

10 Likes

First, equating queer people with, I won’t even repeat what you wrote, is unconscionable. You should be ashamed.

Second, “Are we teaching our kids that it’s alright?” “Our kids will grow up thinking this is ok?” Yes, precisely! LGBTQ people are okay and alright, and there is nothing wrong or shameful or perverse about it.

9 Likes

@bruceleeali1900, while we highly encourage healthy conversations, please be mindful of the Community Guidelines, specifically the first Guideline. Your previous comment has been deleted as it does go against this Guideline.
You can see all of the Community Guidelines here: https://yourdcu.com/cmg

6 Likes

How about not pushing kids, period full stop. Let them have access to all the information, all the perspectives, and trust that they will make the choice best for them.

Yes I realize that to some that is radical idea. Strange thing, people have done fine on their own long before the age of 21.

Should we not allow them to vote before they are 21, what about drive, hold jobs, and the plethora of other things humans have for centuries before they were 21, including having sex and establishing their own sexual identities.

8 Likes

Wait```
you mean I can kiss boys as well as girls if I want to? Just 'cause it happened in a cartoon on a niche streaming service?

2 Likes

@Misfit if I see you kissing anyone I will break up with you!

2 Likes

Oohhhhh

You know how to talk fishy to me.

3 Likes

well you know how to ruffle my gills!

3 Likes

… anyway. I’m happy DC is diversifying! They’re making an effort across all of their programming and I appreciate it a lot.

4 Likes

Cleaning up this perfectly lovely thread of anything off-topic from the question posed in the original topic “What’s the best part about LGBT representation in DC?”

More-so than being off topic, these forums and the company that supports them embrace and celebrate diversity across age, gender, race, and galaxies. And don’t you forget it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

DC officially confirms existence of aliens, alert the media!

5 Likes

@Mae They want us to raid Area 51 to free Martian Manhunter confirmed

7 Likes

Dear Everyone Bothered by Young Justice Episode 20:

Isn’t it better that you got a platform to explain the diversity of life? Hopefully not condemn anyone, but explain that diversity? Because eventually, a day, a year, a decade from now, your child will be introduced to his new friend’s two moms or two dads. And then, that child might not tell you about it. No offense, but I don’t think I’d tell you.

And yes, this happened to me at about four years old. It had no influence on me whatsoever.

Your child will not become gay because of this moment. He’ll ignore it, or pick a new favorite super-hero. And if anyone’s child decides they are LGBTQA, it will not be because of this YOUNG ADULT cartoon.

We are what we are.

For instance–

Nicole Maines is a lovely young lady.

Ruby Rose is also a lovely young lady, but she’d also make a lovely young man. Put bluntly, she’d be lovely as Batwoman or Nightwing,

Holy diversity, comic fans!

14 Likes

Excellent words!

Martian Manhunter is a character I cannot wait to see in live action. And Hawkgirl. Ugh. I really wish the DCEU could get its crap together.

2 Likes