[Legion Fan Club] 9/15/23 Reading: Adventure Comics #282 + LEGION OF SUPER HEROES (2004-) #9-10

Welcome to another session of the [Legion Fan Club], 4 years 5 months of [Legion Fan Club] fun now, as we continue our quest to read all of Legion tales digitized on DC Universe Infinite…one issue at a time!

September 15th 2023 Reading:

Newly digitized on DC Universe Infinite this month, check out this wild romp in the early 1960s with Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes!

Adventure Comics #282 (March 1961)

Click on blur below to go to the issue (blurred to prevent spoilers, this is only 62 years old after all):

And, continuing our regular Legion of Super Heroes (2004) storyline:

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES (2004-) #9 (August 2005)

Click on blur below to go to the issue

Mark Waid, Writer Barry Kitson, Pencils

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES (2004-) #10 (September 2005)

Click on blur below to go to the issue

Mark Waid, Writer Barry Kitson, Pencils
Questions:

1. For the older Adventure Comic story above, what was your favorite part of the Lana story?

2. Are you a fan of how violently the Legion and normally key worlds are getting beat up or even eliminated in these stories so far?

3. Which character’s development do you like the best in these two issues of the Mark Waid 2004 series run?

Please share any favorite panels / front pages from this time around!

We’ll plan to do this again in a few weeks with next Legion reading!

A [Legion Fan Club] Watch Along is planned for Friday September 22nd at 9:00 pm ET / 6 pm PT. We’ll be watching Justice League vs. the Fatal Five both here on DC Community and also on our Discord channel.

Not a Legion Fan Club member yet? Crave a nifty gold ring for your icon? To join and get in on other discussions, our private Discord channel and our archives, click here: Legion Fan Club!

Long Live the Legion

Long Live the Legion

Long Live the Legion

@Legion-Fan-Club

3 Likes

These are all wild leaps of imagination in their own way!

2 Likes
  1. Obviously, the super-loom. It’s cute that Thom has a secret identity as well.

2. The action really seems centered around earth and Legion plaza so I don’t really have strong investments into this version of the planets.

3. I like when the Legionnaires form cliques and that some are much closer friends than others. That rings true for a group this size, though I don’t need a whole civil war to lay out sides. I don’t mind the unfriendliness. It harkens back to the silver age when most heroes were kind of jerks. As for individual Legionnaires, I’m not warming up to this version of Cham. Lyle seems to be the most dynamic character at this point.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have to say, of all the Legionnaires in the 2004 Waid version, Cham is the least compelling in any way so far.

2 Likes