[Lantern Corps] Green Lantern (2023) #4

Greetings @LanternCorps!

This series of posts is to discuss the latest issues of Green Lantern. This issue can be read here.

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. What was your favorite part?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. What do you think of the new character SINSON?

Previous discussion can be found here

6 Likes

Nothing really surprising in this issue. Still waiting for this book to shed SOME light on what happened before this series started though.

As for the backup feature, not much to say at this point

4 Likes

Anytime Hal and Barry team up is a treat. Nothing too surprising, but very fun.

The new character is interesting. I hope he gets to meet Soranik

1 Like
  1. What was your favorite part?

Definitely the Hal/Barry interactions, both in costume using their powers to take out Sinesto’s bombs and Major Disaster, and their discussions as two old friends. I especially liked the conversation the two have about Hal’s romantic woes, though I wonder if Barry would call Hal’s actions as “all’s fair in love & war” if he knew about Hal’s You-like antics. No I have not let that go yet.

This series also continues to give Hal some really fun constructs. My favorites were Hal using a shark to “fetch” a bomb and his making a camera as Flash punched Major Disaster like 1500 times.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

I don’t know if “surprising” is the right word, but the fact that the ring Hal was able to make only works on him is very interesting. Curious to see where that goes.

1. What do you think of the new character SINSON?

Well, awful name aside, he could be cool. I know this is a prelude to Tomasi’s upcoming “Sinister Sons” story, but I’m also curious to see if this kid will ever meet up with Sinestro’s other child, Soranik Natu.

1 Like